• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do you accept the bible as inerrant historical fact?

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
<yawn>
Depending on the meaning attached to 'real' his statement could be anything from worthless tautology to laughably and transparently wrong.​
</yawn>

rusra02

Premium Member
Lets look at what we do know.

Life came about from simple single cell and evolved from there, starting roughly 3.5 billion year ago.

This is as fact as gravity.

Anything else is mythology.

Firstly, there is no such thing as a "simple cell." And claiming something is "fact" doesn't make it "fact". Gravity can be observed, macro-evolution, not. The ToE is mythology, IMO.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
I've asked this in other forums and never got a satisfactory answer. And please don't just quote II Timothy 3:16. That's problematic for several reasons but it's circular reasoning anyway. Or if you do you use it I would ask why you believe that to be true.

You believe what you are given. That comes from God. You might say that is circular reasoning, but it might also equally be seen as truth

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I've asked this in other forums and never got a satisfactory answer. And please don't just quote II Timothy 3:16. That's problematic for several reasons but it's circular reasoning anyway. Or if you do you use it I would ask why you believe that to be true.

Why accept anything as inerrant historical fact? Do you think the history books aren't biased? lol.
Btw, the 'Bible' means different books to different groups, different interpretations/values placed on different books etc. Your question is far to vague. I don't accept your question as fact.

outhouse

Atheistically
Firstly, there is no such thing as a "simple cell." And claiming something is "fact" doesn't make it "fact". Gravity can be observed, macro-evolution, not. The ToE is mythology, IMO.

Well your wrong. :facepalm:

And it is embarrassing that people in this modern age hate education and knowledge :facepalm:

paarsurrey

Veteran Member

Bible is a mix; little of it is from Jesus.

Jesus wrote nothing to leave behind when he migrated from Judea to India.Jesus did not authorize anybody to write on his behalf.

All that we have as NT Bible is an unauthorized stuff.

Regards

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Jesus wrote nothing to leave behind when he migrated from Judea to India.Jesus did not authorize anybody to write on his behalf.

Regards

It was authorized while the Scribe(s) took notes. That's how it was done. You entrusted authorization to Scribes. Who do you think some of Jesus's followers were? He would have been ascribed Scribes, in fact some Apostles most likely were just that.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
It was authorized while the Scribe(s) took notes. That's how it was done. You entrusted authorization to Scribes. Who do you think some of Jesus's followers were? He would have been ascribed Scribes, in fact some Apostles most likely were just that.

Jesus himself knew how to write; had he desired to write he would have written? There is no evidence that any among Jesus' disciples wrote for Jesus.

Regards

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
Jesus himself knew how to write; had he desired to write he would have written. There is no evidence that any among Jesus' disciples wrote for Jesus.

Regards

Many peole think your book was copied in a cave using these books as sources :facepalm:

Quit hating on others.

CynthiaCypher

Regards

Jesus never went to India.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
How do you know your books are not copies of our copies?

maybe its the complete lack of real evidence

Atheists/Agnostics don't have any code to abide by.
So frankly, they have no books that they can claim legitimately to be theirs.

Regards