• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Women Stare?

Cynic

How do you know she has/had a crush of you?
Beautiful women tend to be attracted to me because of a certain aspect of my personality. I naturally act elusive and uninterested around women, I don't try to flirt with them or impress them, and this is very magnetic. These women are so used to guys wanting them and getting weird on them, that guys who present a challenge are real turn-ons. I get approached quite a bit, although I honestly have problems approaching women or taking things to the next level.

Well, what I should have said is attraction and intrigue. Not a crush necessarily. I think the staring was a test to see if I would stare back. Most guys tend to look away insecurely. I was excited and feeling romantic feelings at first, but she overdid it, and I was getting stalker vibes (I did find it kinda strange and uncomfortable). I think she picked up on this. Last week she backed off. However, I kinda looked at the floor when I passed by her, and that's when she and her friend seemed to really back off. I looked away from her, ignored her when she was in my vicinity, and they didn't look at me most of the time. They were still very nice however.

Later, she asked me a question, and I caught her sneaking a glance or two.

Some guy was trying to let her get in front of him, and she said "do you need permission?" I just walked passed both of them, bumping the guy, and she laughed a little. I assume you know what's behind that.

And YES, YES, YES! talk to her. What are you so afraid of? :) You don't owe her an apology however.
I just feel somewhat guilty because I was cold towards her, and I don't want to be rude. I honestly love women and have deep respect for them, but I also know what kind of behavior attracts them (especially the hot ones).

Although in this case I wasn't trying to attract, I was trying to get away, and trying to take control over my mixed feelings of romance and anxiety.

So now I think I either ruined the interest, or made it linger. Or she might have lost interest now since I've twiddled my thumbs too much, which is why I think I should just take this as a learning experience and move on.

I've figured out her type and what she is deeply attracted to. Telling her that I like her will turn her off. An apology for my behavior would probably do the same. No, she wants the thrill of the chase; a bad boy, a rebel without a cause, a man who won't cling to her, call her everyday and be extremely nice, a man who doesn't need anyone's approval or permission to do anything and gets what he wants (notice that I did not say jerk).

I don't know about you, but personally, I wouldn't want to be with a girl who cheated on her current to be with me. It doesn't say much about her character. And I know from experience, as do many others, a relationship that ends in such a manner are not pleasant to go through, and it can potentially destroy the cheatee's self esteem. So do you want to potentially put some other guy through something knowing that there is a chance knowing it will happen to you?
Of course not. That is the reason why I have avoided certain women in the past, and its also why I haven't had a girl for a while.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Originally Posted by Luke Wolf
I don't know about you, but personally, I wouldn't want to be with a girl who cheated on her current to be with me.

Think about it......
very few of us marry and settle down with our first serious girl friend.

You are writing off every one who has ever been in a relationship.
9 times out of 10 when some one starts looking around, the relationship as such is over... it just does not know it is dead yet.
If you want to dump someone always make them think it is their idea ... it is much kinder, and cleaner.

blackout

Violet.
Ok... well it would seem then
that I am the bearer of "bad" advice.

Still that I would remain hopeful for others...
than become jaded by my own personal losses.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Think about it......
very few of us marry and settle down with our first serious girl friend.
I realize this.
I was pointing out I wouldn't want a relationship with someone who cheated on their current to be with me.

Cynic

I realize this.
I was pointing out I wouldn't want a relationship with someone who cheated on their current to be with me.
Neither would I, but if it happens, it happens and for a reason.

A lot of women seem to need romantic and sexual tension in a relationship, and when their boyfriend can't create this, they can't help but feel sufficated, bored, or unattracted to him. They don't want to hurt them, but eventually they break up with them, perhaps for a more interesting guy.
I know if it happens to me, Its probably because I was being too clingy and dependant, wasn't interesting enough, and turned out extremely nice. It has happened to me, but that's life.

Anyways, I don't really count on being in a fling or a relationship with this person right now.

Women want what they can't have, and this is natural. As soon as they feel they can have something, they get bored with it and move on to something else. To keep an especially attractive women, a man must create uncertainty, romantic and sexual tension. They are used to getting what they want all the time from men. A man that is elusive is a natural turn-on for them. If he starts "wussing" out on her, she will need "space" and eventually dump him because he won't understand what "space" means.

kadzbiz

Don't try working women out. They can't work themselves out, so you have no hope. Just smile and take no meaning in what she subtly displays. If you're just a nice person and she wants to know you better, she'll let you know, don't worry. Just be you and live your life.

Cynic

Don't try working women out. They can't work themselves out, so you have no hope. Just smile and take no meaning in what she subtly displays. If you're just a nice person and she wants to know you better, she'll let you know, don't worry. Just be you and live your life.
hmmm, ok. :)

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
If we could figure women out completely, they would just change to spite us.

I'm still figuring out why they stare at my big fingers?

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Neither would I, but if it happens, it happens and for a reason.

A lot of women seem to need romantic and sexual tension in a relationship, and when their boyfriend can't create this, they can't help but feel sufficated, bored, or unattracted to him. They don't want to hurt them, but eventually they break up with them, perhaps for a more interesting guy.
I know if it happens to me, Its probably because I was being too clingy and dependant, wasn't interesting enough, and turned out extremely nice. It has happened to me, but that's life.

Anyways, I don't really count on being in a fling or a relationship with this person right now.

Women want what they can't have, and this is natural. As soon as they feel they can have something, they get bored with it and move on to something else. To keep an especially attractive women, a man must create uncertainty, romantic and sexual tension. They are used to getting what they want all the time from men. A man that is elusive is a natural turn-on for them. If he starts "wussing" out on her, she will need "space" and eventually dump him because he won't understand what "space" means.
All of this could be remedied if you simply liked older women. :D Usually by the time a woman hits her late twenties to about 30, she knows exactly what she needs/wants in a partner and looks for it instead of playing all those games.

I applaud your astute insights into the behavior of some women however and your courage to express what you've noticed. You are certainly dead right on with a large portion of your observations.

I'm kind of confused. I've caught this girl staring at me several times in one of my classes (I'm in college). Her gaze is always fixed, she doesn't look away when I look at her but stares directly into my eyes.
The thing is, is that she has a boyfriend. So I don't know if she is just fishing to see what she can catch, or if she is infatuated with me. Her friend glances at me too, but she immediately looks away.
I'm not sure what to do. I have a slight, slight crush on her. If it continues, should I stare back for a couple of seconds? Stick my tongue out at her, or make a funny face?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Is she fine?

Cynic

All of this could be remedied if you simply liked older women. :D Usually by the time a woman hits her late twenties to about 30, she knows exactly what she needs/wants in a partner and looks for it instead of playing all those games.

I applaud your astute insights into the behavior of some women however and your courage to express what you've noticed. You are certainly dead right on with a large portion of your observations.
God you are so right... I really need to go for mature women, at least the ones that have their lives together. They make me feel very relaxed, like I can be myself and not worry about playing games. My best encounters have been with older women.
I guess I should create some standards for myself, like a certain level of emotional and intellectual maturity.

God you are so right... I really need to go for mature women, at least the ones that have their lives together. They make me feel very relaxed, like I can be myself and not worry about playing games. My best encounters have been with older women.
I guess I should create some standards for myself, like a certain level of emotional and intellectual maturity.

Games are good :)

Cynic

IS she FIIIINE!! like, DAmN! Looky at her!

Who cares?

Lets pretend that you are a very fine, attractive women.
Men constantly stare at you. You get about twenty-five compliments every day, which tends to be the unoriginal phrase, "you're so beautiful." If you say thanks, they'll interpret it as interest, then compliment you even more. Most guys engage in boring conversations with you, then ask "so when can we hang out some time?" or "can I have your number?"
Have you ever seen Chris Rock? When a guy approaches a girl, it doesn't matter what he actually says. An attractive woman knows that what he's really saying is "want some dick?"
She knows that the only reason why so many men want to be with her is because she is beautiful, and so she can get anything she wants because of her beauty. None of the compliments men give her feels genuine.

Now lets pretend that you are extremely rich. Women constantly stare at you. Women constantly do subtle things to attract your attention, but you know they just want to be with you because you are extremely rich; you can manipulate them and get anything you want from them. However, you know that the attention and sex they are offering you is fake.

My point is, is that if you like women just because they are beautiful, they will know what you are all about from the moment you approach them to the moment you open your mouth. A fine woman might be nice to you, smile, and talk to you a bit. But inside, she already feels that you aren't romantically interesting, that you just want to sleep with her because she is beautiful. If she is manipulative, she may plan to use you and the resources that you have to offer.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member

This is advice that everyone ought to consider before venturing into a relationship. ;)

Peace,
Mystic

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member

I agree.

Who cares?

Lets pretend that you are a very fine, attractive women.
Men constantly stare at you. You get about twenty-five compliments every day, which tends to be the unoriginal phrase, "you're so beautiful." If you say thanks, they'll interpret it as interest, then compliment you even more. Most guys engage in boring conversations with you, then ask "so when can we hang out some time?" or "can I have your number?"
Have you ever seen Chris Rock? When a guy approaches a girl, it doesn't matter what he actually says. An attractive woman knows that what he's really saying is "want some dick?"
She knows that the only reason why so many men want to be with her is because she is beautiful, and so she can get anything she wants because of her beauty. None of the compliments men give her feels genuine.

Now lets pretend that you are extremely rich. Women constantly stare at you. Women constantly do subtle things to attract your attention, but you know they just want to be with you because you are extremely rich; you can manipulate them and get anything you want from them. However, you know that the attention and sex they are offering you is fake.

My point is, is that if you like women just because they are beautiful, they will know what you are all about from the moment you approach them to the moment you open your mouth. A fine woman might be nice to you, smile, and talk to you a bit. But inside, she already feels that you aren't romantically interesting, that you just want to sleep with her because she is beautiful. If she is manipulative, she may plan to use you and the resources that you have to offer.

If your a teenager, im guessing you have problems, i used to compliment women on their looks when i was 5, no joke.

I mean, are you serious about here, as in, does she like, love you, if thats the scenario then i don't mean it. If you wanna play...

Cynic

OMG, she totally denied the staring! She's a horrible liar too!
And, she is totally into me! We had to talk in groups. Towards the end she was looking/trying to talk to me a lot. Making fun of me, etc.
Apparently she just broke up with her boyfriend, so there was something wrong.

nutshell

I'm kind of confused. I've caught this girl staring at me several times in one of my classes (I'm in college). Her gaze is always fixed, she doesn't look away when I look at her but stares directly into my eyes.
The thing is, is that she has a boyfriend. So I don't know if she is just fishing to see what she can catch, or if she is infatuated with me. Her friend glances at me too, but she immediately looks away.
I'm not sure what to do. I have a slight, slight crush on her. If it continues, should I stare back for a couple of seconds? Stick my tongue out at her, or make a funny face?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

guys:rolleyes:

A girl shows some attention and we immediately think she wants to get in our pants.:rolleyes: