• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Women Stare?

Random

Nice... cutting down other people to make you feel better about yourself. Maybe she doesn't like me. Who cares. But I know I'm not fascinatingly gross.

Oh stop! I was only poking fun, I meant no harm. :) You've gotta admit, you left yourself open to mockery with this thread. :D But no-one doesn't hope it turns out the best for you, not least me. ;)

Cynic

I don't normally butt into people's personal lives, but I'm mighty interested as to how this story is going to play out. :D
Well, I'm just going to ignore it. Anyways, as MelissaG pointed out, this maybe some kind of intimidation thing. Although I don't see how that would fit into the context of the situation, since I have not said anything obnoxious or rude, and for the most part, I have kept to myself.

Cynic

Staring is both not only rude and impolite, it's an aggresive gesture which normally makes the person being stared at uncomfatble. She doesn't like you...

melissa g
Actually, I've been thinking about this. If it's true then a lot of women must hate me for some unknown reason, because I've been getting stares from several other women too lately. :D

Ozzie

Oh, for goodness sake! Next day you catch her staring simply wait for the class to be over and catch her before she's walked out and bluntly ask her..."So why are you staring at me so much?"

You should be able to gauge what's going on by her answer and her demeanor while giving that answer.

Why do people want to dwell on things like this for so long? You know it's going on and you know she's being quite obvious, so instead of twiddling your thumbs and running through all the possibilities and "what-ifs" just get up and ask her straight out what's up. It's certainly not like she's being coy. She's being obvious...you be obvious. Simple.
Top advice Draka. Its a communication c'mon.

Physis, if you find the women attractive or interesting in some other sense respond. Communication is two way afterall.

Cynic

Top advice Draka. Its a communication c'mon.

Physis, if you find the women attractive or interesting in some other sense respond. Communication is two way afterall.

I think asking about the staring in an assertive manner might work, or joking about it (i.e. making fun of her starting at me) would work even better.

blackout

Violet.
I personally only fixate my gaze on "strangers" when they fascinate me!
Of cource when they look my way I then smile at them.
Do they wonder why I'm smiling at them?
perhaps...
but I think I leave them feeling warm and fuzzy!:cloud9:
(At least I HOPE I do!)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Perhaps it is nothing aimed at a relationship or is sexual in nature.
Maybe you say things that shock her, and she is staring in awe?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
As a woman, I don't stare at people. I find it to be rude. I even find some women staring at me in the way that you said. When this happens, I stare back in the same way until they look away. When they stare at me, they are usually cold-ish stares. Some people say that this is a sign of jealousy. In your case, it's different though. I think she's attracted to you. It doesn't matter that she has a boyfriend. Before I got married, a guy once came up to me and asked me out. When I told him that I had a boyfriend, he said that it was okay because he had a girlfriend. :rolleyes: Casually ask her about it. Say that you noticed that she's been looking that way a lot. PLEASE, PLEASE consider this though. Right now she has a boyfriend and she's staring at another guy. Suppose she's staring at other guys too? Anyway the fact that she's doing this to another guy when she already has a boyfriend should make you wonder if she would continue to do these things if you become her boyfriend. On the other hand, maybe she and her boyfriend are having problems. If this is the case, ensure that she breaks up with him first if she's going to date you. Don't be anyone's second best!

Cynic

Yeah, I'm pretty certain now that she had a crush on me, although I think I ruined that by being avoidant towards her. I was too infatuated. Every time she looked at me feelings of romance would burst within me uncontrollably, so I completely ignored her last week.
:slap:<--me.
I've noticed that her boyfriend is too clingy, he shows up during this specific class too much, seems to hang around her a lot and calls her all the time, etc.
But I guess its too late to do/say anything now. I acted very cold last week. She reciprocated the behavior, although she was being nice about it and I still caught her taking sneak peaks.
What should I do? :shrug: I still like her, and I feel guilty about my behavior. Should I just talk to her? Apologize? Or should I just move on and use this as a learning experience?

blackout

Violet.
Yeah, I'm pretty certain now that she had a crush on me, although I think I ruined that by being avoidant towards her. I was too infatuated. Every time she looked at me feelings of romance would burst within me uncontrollably, so I completely ignored her last week.
:slap:<--me.
I've noticed that her boyfriend is too clingy, he shows up during this specific class too much, seems to hang around her a lot and calls her all the time, etc.
But I guess its too late to do/say anything now. I acted very cold last week. She reciprocated the behavior, although she was being nice about it and I still caught her taking sneak peaks.
What should I do? :shrug: I still like her, and I feel guilty about my behavior. Should I just talk to her? Apologize? Or should I just move on and use this as a learning experience?

Oh God!
Go talk to her honestly.
Life is too short.
How often Love is wasted on the young.
I should know.

Cynic

BTW, to those who gave the "she doesn't like you" theory. Try not to give anyone advise.

blackout

Violet.
When you ask for advice sweet heart...
the good comes with the bad...
it's a package deal.

We're all just basically guessing our way through life anyway...

Cynic

Well, I guess I should just move on then. Its too bad. She really seemed like a great girl.

Buttercup

Veteran Member

How do you know she has/had a crush of you?

And YES, YES, YES! talk to her. What are you so afraid of? :) You don't owe her an apology however.

.lava

Veteran Member
I'm kind of confused. I've caught this girl staring at me several times in one of my classes (I'm in college). Her gaze is always fixed, she doesn't look away when I look at her but stares directly into my eyes.
The thing is, is that she has a boyfriend. So I don't know if she is just fishing to see what she can catch, or if she is infatuated with me. Her friend glances at me too, but she immediately looks away.
I'm not sure what to do. I have a slight, slight crush on her. If it continues, should I stare back for a couple of seconds? Stick my tongue out at her, or make a funny face?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

advice?
would you like to have a girlfriend who stares at other boys and make them think as the way you do? just a question and it is your business to answer.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Just because they have a boyfriend or husband, doesn't mean they are of limits. If they are, or just aren't interested, they will let you know by bringing the fact up... The boyfriend or husband won't matter if they are really interested in a man romantically or sexually. I know this from experience.
I don't know about you, but personally, I wouldn't want to be with a girl who cheated on her current to be with me. It doesn't say much about her character.
And I know from experience, as do many others, a relationship that ends in such a manner are not pleasant to go through, and it can potentially destroy the cheatee's self esteem.
So do you want to potentially put some other guy through something knowing that there is a chance knowing it will happen to you?

blackout

Violet.
Doesn't anyone around here believe in the possibility of fate?

Perhaps this has all unfolded for a reason?
Perhaps this is an encounter of significance?
We have 8 pages of thread here....

are you just going to walk away and never ever know?