• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do we need money?

ninerbuff

godless wonder
To separate the rich and poor, the have and have nots, and to stroke the egos of people who think having money is true success.

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
I think you're operating under some false assumptions.

Banks have lots of money in, well, the bank. If they devalue currency by "printing more money", then they devalue their own wealth as well.

The system you describe is predicated on banks both being motivated by wealth and also undermining their own wealth. This seems contradictory to me.
How do you explain inflation then?

Your other two questions are addressed, at least in part, by the second video I posted. Please check it out if you have the time.

FlyingTeaPot

Irrational Rationalist. Educated Fool.
Beware Zeitgeist: Those movies are full of bad research leading to incorrect information.

I have heard that before. But most people say that only the first movie has the bad research, because it attacks religions. I haven't heard much dispute for the second and third movies, which is what I am talking about.

But I think the core of the economic model presented in the second and third movies is sound, if a bit naive. I encourage everyone to see at least the third movie and make up their own minds whether the alternative economic model presented makes sense.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
http://www.contourcrafting.org/
to know what I mean. I don't know much about these things, but the two movies have certainly raised an interesting question about money and sustainability, at least in my opinion.

even scarier is the Zeitgeist 'Federal Bank' film. I dont really understand how the economy works, but this film is an eye opener. If you have time to watch the other parts, part 5 is scary...very very scary if it actually happens.

[youtube]_dmPchuXIXQ[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

[youtube]rwz85gWjFbk[/youtube]
YouTube - ‪Zeitgeist - The Movie- Federal Reserve (Part 5 of 5)‬‏ Part 5!!!

I dont know if anyone could look at that world the same way after watching this film.