• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do trinitarian ideologists say that Jesus Christ is YHWH?

Brian2

Veteran Member
YHWH speaking:
Zechariah 12:10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I AM is apparently a name:

Exodus 3:14 - God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
John 5:22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Psalm 96:12 Let the fields exult, and all that is in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy 13 before the YHWH, for He is coming— He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in His faithfulness.
Brian2, Kenny, are you two twins? I take it this you’d contribution and upholding of each other in saying that what you, Brian2, wrote is an example of Jesus being called ‘YHWH’?

Do you not know your scriptures. What did Jesus say about himself:
  • “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:17)
  • “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.” (John 12:47)
Please, Brian2, check before posting so you don’t post what is false!

Please, Kenny, check before upholding so you don’t support what is false!

Soapy

I'm sure you've heard it before, but Jesus is throughout the NT credited with the actions and attributes of the Father. God created the heavens and earth (Genesis, Isaiah, Psalms, etc.) and Jesus created everything. Jesus is the I AM of the burning bush. In Numbers, it is the LORD who is tested and sends snakes, in Corinthians it is Jesus. In Colossians Jesus is called the fullness of God in the flesh. Biblically, Jesus is the one true God.

So you believe that it is possible that Jesus has a name that is different and above the tetragrammaton?
I did not say that nor believe that.

I simply did not want anyone else claiming that Jesus is called ‘[a] YHWH’ AT THE END OF TIME.

Trinitarians have a dreadful habit of claiming what is at the end of the scriptures as something that is ‘now’ (the time then, or time before, of Jesus on earth)

Do you have a verse where Jesus is called ‘YHWH’, explicitly?

Soapy

I AM is apparently a name:

Exodus 3:14 - God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’”
So if a reporter asked a newcomer and as yet unknown car racer who had just won a great race: ‘Who are you? The people are asking what is your name?’. And the racer says, ‘I am the speed demon… therefore tell them that “Speed demon” has told you’

Would you say that ‘Speed demon’ is his name?
Is this not an EXPRESSION rather than a NAME?

God told them that His name AMOUNTED TO AN EXPRESSION of what He is.

‘I AM’ expresses ‘Eternally being; immutability; Constancy; Everlasting’.

Soapy

YHWH speaking:
Zechariah 12:10 “And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
Brian…. How desperate are you going to get.

They will look on me - the one they have pierced’
‘They will mourn for HIM’..

A prophesy about Jesus. The part about GOD pouring out his spirit is a separate verse from the PROPHESY about the messiah. The part about being pierced should be quoted separately.

The Bible translators CHOSE NOT TO SEPARATE the two parts - Typically Trinitarian Twisting!

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, you are one of those joke-posters!!

You have nothing to say but love posting just to see you forum moniker.

I post seriously sometimes, and sometimes I post some light-hearted things.

Not every post needs to have deep meaning or significance.

A little bit of light humor can soften up the hard feelings which develop during an intense disagreement.

But yeah, I do like a good joke now and again. I can't see how there's anything wrong with that.

Soapy

Malachi 3:1 “Behold, I send my messenger, and he will prepare the way before me. And the Lord whom you seek will suddenly come to his temple; and the messenger of the covenant in whom you delight, behold, he is coming, says the YHWH of hosts.
Brian2, God is speaking about JOHN THE BAPTIST preparing the way before the messiah… as you well know the scriptures say:
  • “And so John the Baptist appeared in the wilderness, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins.” (Mark 1:4)
And thence came Jesus to be baptised by John … and as he emerged from the water, GOD POURED OUT THE TOTALITY OF HIS SPIRIT on Jesus.

Are you saying that YHWH poured our His spirit onto YHWH?

Why? How?

Soapy

Why do trinitarian ideologists say that Jesus Christ is YHWH?

Because it say "In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, the Word was God :)

And all the other replies were so spot-on!
Brian2, there’s a name that worthy of those who violate the truth of the scriptures and grieve the spirit of God.

I know you are angry - your posts have gone past the joke stage

Soapy

The angel says the reason for the name 'YHWH is Saviour' (Jesus) is because He will save the Israelite people, His people, from their sins.
Yes, and it was Joshua (Yeshua), Son on Nun, who saved the Israelites into the land flowing with milk and honey.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
So if a reporter asked a newcomer and as yet unknown car racer who had just won a great race: ‘Who are you? The people are asking what is your name?’. And the racer says, ‘I am the speed demon… therefore tell them that “Speed demon” has told you’

Would you say that ‘Speed demon’ is his name?
Is this not an EXPRESSION rather than a NAME?

God told them that His name AMOUNTED TO AN EXPRESSION of what He is.

‘I AM’ expresses ‘Eternally being; immutability; Constancy; Everlasting’.

Sorry, we'll have to disagree on this one. In this, there is no "follow up" name. The name is simply "I AM."

Soapy

Sorry, we'll have to disagree on this one. In this, there is no "follow up" name. The name is simply "I AM."
There is always a clue to the fallacy of the states when the poster of the fallacy does not answer what is asked of them as you have done here!

Is ‘Speed demon’ the name of the driver?

‘I am’ is not a name. It is the MEANING of the Hebrew word ‘YHWH’ which is transliterated as any of “Jahvey, Jahweh, Jehovah, Wahvey, YHVH, Yahve, Yahveh, Yahwe, Yahweh”.

Would you say that ‘Rock’ is the personal name of a person?

The disciple/apostle NAMED ‘Peter’ is an Anglosized version of the Greek name, ‘Cephas’, WHICH CARRIES THE MEANING of ‘ROCK’ (or ‘Stone’ and in other versions, ‘Pebble’).

Do you see what is NAME, and what is ‘Meaning of a name’?

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Is there a scripture verse in the Bible where the son of God is called ‘YHWH’ by name?
As I read the scriptures, I find that only the Father, the only true God, is ever called ‘YHWH’ by name.
In answering, please understand that in Bible verses the title ‘LORD’, (in all caps) is a substitute for ‘YHWH’: the name of the Father.
As it stands, I can find not even one verse where Jesus Christ is called ‘YHWH’ by name.
Be it known that I am excluding the prophesy where God confers on him the ‘name that is above all other names’ as no one can definitely say or prove that that name is ‘YHWH’.

I find in the King James Psalms 110 there are two (2) LORD/Lord's mentioned.
LORD in ALL Upper-Case letters stands for LORD God (YHWH Tetragrammaton )
Lord in some lower-case letters stands for Lord Jesus and No Tetragrammaton applied.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Brian2, Kenny, are you two twins? I take it this you’d contribution and upholding of each other in saying that what you, Brian2, wrote is an example of Jesus being called ‘YHWH’?

Do you not know your scriptures. What did Jesus say about himself:
  • “For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” (John 3:17)
  • “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world.” (John 12:47)
Please, Brian2, check before posting so you don’t post what is false!

Please, Kenny, check before upholding so you don’t support what is false!

When Jesus came 2000 years ago He did not come to judge the world as you say (John 12:47) but when Jesus returns to earth it is He who will be judging the earth and raising the dead.
Surely you must have wondered what Jesus meant when He said that all judgement has been given to Him, or did you think that Jesus was lying or that it was one of those verses that trinitarians have added to the Bible to fool everyone.
So the verses below show Jesus is YHWH.

John 5:22 Moreover, the Father judges no one, but has entrusted all judgment to the Son, 23 that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. Whoever does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.

Psalm 96:12 Let the fields exult, and all that is in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy 13 before the YHWH, for He is coming— He is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in His faithfulness.