• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do trinitarian ideologists say that Jesus Christ is YHWH?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Exodus 3:14
14God replied to Moses: I am who I am. Then he added: This is what you will tell the Israelites:
I AM...has sent me to you.

15God spoke further to Moses:
This is what you will say to the Israelites:
The LORD...has sent me to you

I notice ^ above^ that the word LORD is printed in ALL Upper-Case letters.
True

Hence The Bible claims here that:
God can be addressed by 2 Names:
1) exo 3:14 = "I Am"
2) exo 3:15 = "LORD"

The two claims in the 2 verses are completely identical; I am glad the Bible has made this very clear; no misinterpretation possible here
@stvdvRF

Last edited:

stvdv

I notice ^ above^ that the word LORD is printed in ALL Upper-Case letters.
That is because the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) was replaced in the King James as LORD.
Exodus 3:15 God's name forever (Psalms 135:13) is from the Tetragrammaton YHWH and Not from any title.
- Psalms 83:18 B - old King James in English states God's name Not His title.
Thank you for elaborating on this

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
I Am is Not the Tetragrammaton YHWH
At Psalms 110 in the King James are two (2) separate LORD/Lord's
The Tetragrammaton is only applied to the LORD in the ALL the Upper-Case letters
The Tetragrammaton is Not applied to the Lord printed in some lower-case letters.
But why is this even a point of contention….!

Oh, yes, I know! The trinity translators needed a way to try to destroy the word of God and so translating ‘YHWH’ to ‘LORD’ and knowing that ‘LORD’ would get confused with ‘Lord’, plays into their hands.

Soapy

True

The two claims in the 2 verses are completely identical; I am glad the Bible has made this very clear; no misinterpretation possible here
@stvdvRF
God is NEVER ADDRESSED as ‘I AM’.

‘I am’ is the MEANING of ‘YHWH’. People are not generally referred to by the MEANING of their name!!

Consider the name ‘Peter’. IT’S MEANING is ‘Rock’ (or STONE, or PEBBLE….!)

Now consider a verse from scriptures that states:
  • “The ROCK that followed the Israelites in the wilderness WAS CHRIST’
What do you say?

Would you say that ‘The PETER that followed the Israelites in the wilderness WAS CHRIST’?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
True
@stvdvRF

Neither "I Am" nor "LORD" is the Tetragrammaton YHWH
Even the word God is a title, and Not a personal name.
Personal name for LORD God as found in the King James at Psalms 83:18

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
But why is this even a point of contention….!
Oh, yes, I know! The trinity translators needed a way to try to destroy the word of God and so translating ‘YHWH’ to ‘LORD’ and knowing that ‘LORD’ would get confused with ‘Lord’, plays into their hands.

My understanding is that the Tetragrammaton was Not used because of un-faithful Jews Not wanting it used.
Once un-faithful Jews began mixing with Greek philosophy their mixed beliefs spread into Scripture although Not being Scripture - Matthew 15:9

Trinity translators, or clergy telling the flock Jesus is God when Psalms 110 is clear there are two (2) LORD/Lords.
LORD God Had No beginning according to Psalms 90:2. So, Creator God was 'before' any beginning.
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Lord Jesus was "IN" the beginning but never ' before ' the beginning as his God was.
- Revelation 3:14 B

Soapy

My understanding is that the Tetragrammaton was Not used because of un-faithful Jews Not wanting it used.
Once un-faithful Jews began mixing with Greek philosophy their mixed beliefs spread into Scripture although Not being Scripture - Matthew 15:9

Trinity translators, or clergy telling the flock Jesus is God when Psalms 110 is clear there are two (2) LORD/Lords.
LORD God Had No beginning according to Psalms 90:2. So, Creator God was 'before' any beginning.
Whereas, pre-human heavenly Lord Jesus was "IN" the beginning but never ' before ' the beginning as his God was.
- Revelation 3:14 B
So where are you saying that Jesus came into being - and where is he shown in his ‘pre-human’ self.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Thank you for your answer, @Soapy .

I mostly agree, at least with the etymology and meaning, though I think you diminish it with "always will be" instead of "always is", which of course you can't accept as applying to Jesus.

I, also of course, believe that there isn't now, never has been and never will be two LORDs. Only one being bears the Tetragrammaton. Only one God.

Are you entirely unaware of the LXX or do you believe that its Hebrew translators in the third century B.C. were Trinitarian ideologues hoping to confuse people? This claim isn't even argumentation, it's spurious maliciousness.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So where are you saying that Jesus came into being - and where is he shown in his ‘pre-human’ self.
What first comes to mind is John 6:44-46 because unless the Father 'who sent Jesus' draws the person....
Jesus was sent to Earth from Heaven by his Heavenly Father i find at John 11:42 B; John 17:8 B
The pre-human Jesus is one of the 'us' mentioned at Genesis 1:26.
So, pre-human Jesus had to be in existence at that time. Notice John 17:5 B ' before the world was'
Be first as John informs at Revelation 3:14 B, besides Proverbs 8:22

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
All names are His
Well known Truth in Spirituality
Even confirmed by Avatars
To me YHWH the Tetragrammaton is God's personal name (old King James at Psalms 83:18)
'Well known Truth in Spiritually' in that Jesus believed that Scripture is 'religious truth' at John 17:17
But true that all families owe their names to God.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
Is there a scripture verse in the Bible where the son of God is called ‘YHWH’ by name?

As I read the scriptures, I find that only the Father, the only true God, is ever called ‘YHWH’ by name.

In answering, please understand that in Bible verses the title ‘LORD’, (in all caps) is a substitute for ‘YHWH’: the name of the Father.

As it stands, I can find not even one verse where Jesus Christ is called ‘YHWH’ by name.

Be it known that I am excluding the prophesy where God confers on him the ‘name that is above all other names’ as no one can definitely say or prove that that name is ‘YHWH’.
The only Christians I know of who say that Jesus is YHWH are Mormons. All the other Christians I've known say that YHWH is God the Father.

Soapy

I have addressed God like that

AND

God responded to me with might and majesty

So, your NEVER is false
I’m afraid it was not YHWH, the true God; the Father, who responded to you.

The only reason there is a reference to God being called ‘I AM’ is because God expressed the MEANING of the name he gave to himself - which is an everlasting name… which is YHWH.

Please can you notice that the MEANING of His name is NEVER USED ANYWHERE in scriptures apart from that one time. HIS NAME (‘YHWH’) is what is used … but remember that it is otherwise TRANSLATED from its HEBREW Tetragrammaton to an ENGLISH letters as any of ‘Yahweh’, ‘Yahovah’, ‘Jehovah’, or similar.

There was outrage at the name of God (and it was not ‘I Am’!!!) being pronounced since Jews believed that they would be punished if they misused it, therefore translators were ORDERED to replace the NAME by the word ‘LORD’ and meant to be written just so, in all capitals. BUT you can and should be able to recognise that by accident or design or in ignorance or by deliberate act, it could be written simply as ‘Lord’ - which then can be confused with other persons such as ‘Lord Jesus Christ’.

You than get the situation of Trinitarians claiming that Jesus Christ is ‘YHWH’ because GOD and and Jesus are both called ‘Lord’.

Can you not see there is an underhanded purpose to mistranslations? And returning to ‘I Am’, when Jesus says ‘I am….’, he did not speak those words in HEBREW (‘YHWH’). He spoke in ARAMAIC, and it was written in GREEK (‘Eigo Eimi’).

Now, if you are going to insist that ‘Eigo Eimi’ means ‘I AM’ as GOD, then what do you say of the man-born-blind who also say, when asked if he was that man but is now fully seeing, ‘I AM’??

In fact, how many times have YOU called yourself ‘God’, - how many times have you ever said of yourself: ‘I AM’!?

What I’m saying is that there is no significance to Jesus or anyone else saying the words ‘I AM’ because they are just first person singular of the verb, ‘To be’.

Again, the NAME of the one true God is ‘YHWH’ (or such Hebrew derivative), notI AM’!!

stvdv

I’m afraid it was not YHWH, the true God; the Father, who responded to you
That's your arrogance and you being disrespectful to me sharing my personal experience and belief, hence imposing on me. You act like you are God, while having no clue about my relationship with God (unless you are omniscient, God)

This is definitely not for you to say
This is between me and God only

Belittling feelings and/or faith of others is one of the "worst of sins", as you trample their soul (personal relationship with God)

I avoid such people like I avoid the plague, because you only try to sabotage my belief
@stvdvRF

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thank you for your answer, @Soapy .
I mostly agree, at least with the etymology and meaning, though I think you diminish it with "always will be" instead of "always is", which of course you can't accept as applying to Jesus.
I, also of course, believe that there isn't now, never has been and never will be two LORDs. Only one being bears the Tetragrammaton. Only one God.
Yes, there is only one LORD ( in ALL Upper-Case letters ) as found at KJV Psalm 110
The other Lord ( in some lower-case letters ) stands for Lord Jesus ( Not in all capital letters ) at Psalm 110
The Tetragrammaton only applies to the one LORD that is printed in all capital letters.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Consider the name ‘Peter’. IT’S MEANING is ‘Rock’ (or STONE, or PEBBLE….!)
Consider that Peter is the word "rock" in a different language than Cephas, which is the given name. But since he was named because of the applied meaning, instead of just using Cephas it was translated to Peter (or petros).

So yes, consider Peter. And see that addressing the LORD as "I am" which is the translation of the name, not the transliteration, is no transgression.

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes, there is only one LORD ( in ALL Upper-Case letters ) as found at KJV Psalm 110
And Christ is placed into the role of the LORD at several points in the history of salvation. As the creator God, as the redeemer God, as the God who sent snakes, etc.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
And Christ is placed into the role of the LORD at several points in the history of salvation. As the creator God, as the redeemer God, as the God who sent snakes, etc.
At KJV Psalm 110 Jesus is Not the LORD in ALL Upper-Case letters.
Jesus is the Lord in some lower-case letters.
At Rev. 4:11 resurrected Jesus does Not give credit to himself as Creator God.
Jesus still thinks he has a God over him according to Rev. 3:12

That snake-in-the-grass sinner Satan turned himself into Satan the Devil. He sent himself - James 1:13-15

Mister Emu

Emu Extraordinaire
Staff member
Premium Member
At KJV Psalm 110 Jesus is Not the LORD in ALL Upper-Case letters.
Nonetheless, Jesus is named creator of all things. Which is the place of God. Jesus is the forgiver of sins. Which is the place of God.

That snake-in-the-grass sinner Satan turned himself into Satan the Devil. He sent himself - James 1:13-15
Numbers 21:6
1 Corinthians 10:9
Jesus is placed directly into the role of the LORD.