• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do some christians want evidence for big bang while believing the bible to be absolute truth

Subhankar Zac

Hare Krishna,Hare Krishna,
It's a little hard for me to understand that some Christians question the validity of evolution, of big bang and of other religions.
They want evidence that their God isn't real or that the bible is infallible.
All the while with firm belief that their bible is the absolute truth.
Rejecting evidence from carbon dating that believe a few civilizations to be over 10000 years old. Denying that dinosaurs and other lost species ever existed on this earth.
But at the same time asking more and more evidence on something simple as the human ancestry from apes, though never accepting a shred of it but labeling it as false and wanting more evidence and also with a firm belief that knowledge is "farther from God, closer to the devil"

What should anyone make of this grossly hypocritical behavior of these people?
If they are convinced of the conclusion and their belief to the only truth, why ask for evidence?

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Underneath they are fearful that their belief could just be wrong, the more who agree with them the more they feel secure, every human is after security, and religion is one way that is used for the sense of security, so of course anything that threatens that security will be challenged with vengeance.

Subhankar Zac

Does the Big Bang contradict The Bible?

Yes.
The first chapter of genesis speaks of earth n sky being made with a firmament.
Then it says that the light was made before the sun.
Plants existed without the sun.
Days n nights existed without the sun.
N in actual Hebrew translations, it speaks on multiple gods making the cosmos, not a single God.

David1967

Premium Member
So,you believe that the almighty rested on the seventh day.

Good luck bro!

My post was intended as humor only. I do believe in God but don't believe he sat in the dark till 6000 years ago and said "Hey, I think I'll make something today. " One of my hobbies is invertebrate paleontology, so that time frame for creation just doesn't work. I try very hard not to get in discussions with folks that believe the world is only 6000 years old on that subject. No offense to them, just no common ground to even start a discussion. To quote a professor friend of mine, "The bible is not a manual on geology. "

GoodbyeDave

These people are hardly representative of Christianity: they're a minority, mostly in the USA. The theory of the Big Bang was actually thought up by a Christian priest! Similarly, another priest, John Henry Newman (recently beatified by the Catholic Church) was full of praise for Darwin's work when it was published.

St Augustine said of the beginning of Genesis that the theological bit was the assertion that God had created the world, and the rest was literary trimmings. He added that anyone who thought that God took exactly 144 houses in six sessions was being childish. He also said that anyone who refused to accept scientific knowledge because a Biblical author had been ignorant of it made a fool of himself and a mockery of religion. And that was 1600 years ago!

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
The Catholic Church is not at all opposed to the Big Bang theory or the theory of evolution, and has accepted both theories for a long time.

https://www.google.com/#q=catholic+church+view+on+the+big+bang+theory

http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/com...-professed-the-likelihood-of-human-evolution/
“The Big Bang, which is today posited as the origin of the world, does not contradict the divine act of creation; rather, it requires it”, he stated. Similarly, he argued, “evolution of nature is not inconsistent with the notion of creation because evolution pre-supposes the creation of beings which evolve.”

Yet despite further murmurings that Pope Francis was beginning (yet another) revolution in Catholic doctrine, it must be pointed out – the Pope’s declaration on either theory has not broken with established Catholic belief in the slightest.

I think it's only the very fundamentalist and evangelical Christians who are the bible literalists.

First Baseman

Retired athlete
It's a little hard for me to understand that some Christians question the validity of evolution, of big bang and of other religions.
Rejecting evidence from carbon dating that believe a few civilizations to be over 10000 years old. Denying that dinosaurs and other lost species ever existed on this earth.
But at the same time asking more and more evidence on something simple as the human ancestry from apes, though never accepting a shred of it but labeling it as false and wanting more evidence and also with a firm belief that knowledge is "farther from God, closer to the devil"

If they are convinced of the conclusion and their belief to the only truth, why ask for evidence?

You make the folly of grouping all Christians together and preach that we all believe the same thing. This is far from the truth.

Some Christians, including Pope Francis, do not question the validity of evolution, the big bang and other religions.
No, we don't. Not all Christians believe the Bible is infallible.
Again, not all Christians believe this.
Again, not all Christians believe this. I have never seen a Christian deny that dinosaurs existed, not sure where you got that idea.
Some Christians believe we evolved from apes. And the evidence that we did evolve from them is far from conclusive.

Well, when they believe people like you who stereotype all of us incorrectly, what do you expect to happen?
It is intelligent to ask for evidence. You don't think so?

Again, you sound like a person who just has a bias against Christianity and this is a vague attempt to justify it.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss

Simple....
Double standards.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
You make the folly of grouping all Christians together and preach that we all believe the same thing. This is far from the truth.

Some Christians, including Pope Francis, do not question the validity of evolution, the big bang and other religions.
Again, not all Christians believe this. I have never seen a Christian deny that dinosaurs existed, not sure where you got that idea.
Some Christians believe we evolved from apes. And the evidence that we did evolve from them is far from conclusive.

Well, when they believe people like you who stereotype all of us incorrectly, what do you expect to happen?

Again, you sound like a person who just has a bias against Christianity and this is a vague attempt to justify it.
seriously?
The OP flat out states that SOME Christians blah blah blah and all you do is whine NOT ALL Christians blah blah blah.

Atheist are usually believe them selves to be a god. Because they are so smart. An atheists brain becomes there gods and it will deteriorate or die alone cause you have separated yourselves and have a distorted understanding of what a moral compass is. You believe that your own moral compass is a path packed with emotional desires that will grant you a path that always falls apart. If you pull dark from light and see light as dark you are incorrigible and your desires have already over whelm your ability to understand what true love is. You see I can explain true love and you still are confused on what true love is cause it scares you.

Subhankar Zac

Atheist are usually believe them selves to be a god. Because they are so smart. An atheists brain becomes there gods and it will deteriorate or die alone cause you have separated yourselves and have a distorted understanding of what a moral compass is. You believe that your own moral compass is a path packed with emotional desires that will grant you a path that always falls apart. If you pull dark from light and see light as dark you are incorrigible and your desires have already over whelm your ability to understand what true love is. You see I can explain true love and you still are confused on what true love is cause it scares you.

For someone who knows the word incorrigible, grammatical abominations are great in numbers.
N atheists do not believe that rape is moral, bible does.

Subhankar Zac

Are you incapable of reading the simplest words of english or you just need someone to blab annoying and illogical points every single time.
When did some Christians become all Christians?
And it's ironic that that's coming from you since the post includes people like you.
Whatever is wrong with you, take care of it on your own.

I think people want proof of everything. But I don't think it will ever be proven or disproven. There's no our tiny little brains cannot conceive such knowledge its WAY beyond us. Our heads would blow up.
Personally, how can you be a Christian and not believe the Bible's creation? I'm confused. Lord help us!