• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do science hide the truth?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Like I said all the evidence of the existence of God that I need lays within the bible/scriptures .

So what evidence do you have that the universe happen exactly the way you say it did, have any proof of evidence that someone was there to give account that it actually happened that way.

Once again, we don't need someone to have been there. We have the evidence from that time right now. We can look at it here and now. In fact, it is all around us, in the from of the cosmic background radiation. It is in the form of the light from distant galaxies. It is in the form of the newly detected gravitational waves.

These are ALL evidence that helps us learn about the universe around us without having to be told by someone.

I don't need someone to tell me that there is a chair in this room. I can see it for myself. I don't need someone to tell me that light moves at a certain speed. I can measure it myself. I don't need someone to tell me about the cosmic background radiation. I can look at the evidence myself.

The *evidence* shows that the universe is expanding. The *evidence* shows it was hot and dense and that nuclear reactions were occurring everywhere. We don't need someone to have been there and tell us. We can look at the evidence and use our reason to determine what happened. And that is *far* better than any witness that is possible.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Like I said all the evidence of the existence of God that I need lays within the bible/scriptures .

I've read the bible - it contains no evidence of any god.

So what evidence do you have that the universe happen exactly the way you say it did..

You've been given plenty of real evidence (observations and measurements) that confirm the BB model of the universe. Do you need them repeated?

...have any proof of evidence that someone was there to give account that it actually happened that way.

Don't be silly. We can, however, (as has been pointed out) directly observe the universe as it was billions of years ago because of the finite speed of light.

So - there is plenty of evidence for scientific theories about the history of the universe and none at all for your god...

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Because without a cause, people have nothing.
Look take the big bang theory, What was the cause behind it for it to happen and what was the cause behind that for it happen, that caused the big bang theory to happen.
You see whatever people can come up with, whats the cause behind it for it to happen?
That's all I'm asking, for everything to happen, What was the cause behind it for it to happen.

And the answer is that there may well not *be* a cause. That is one of the many possibilities. We simply don't know if there was a cause or not (I suspect there wasn't) or, if there was a cause, what it could have been.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Because without a cause, people have nothing.
This is a baseless claim. Give one example of a time "nothing" has been tested.

Look take the big bang theory, What was the cause behind it for it to happen and what was the cause behind that for it happen, that caused the big bang theory to happen.
You have yet to demonstrate that the big bang necessarily needed a cause.

You see whatever people can come up with, whats the cause behind it for it to happen?
So what caused God to happen?

That's all I'm asking, for everything to happen, What was the cause behind it for it to happen.
So this must include God, right?

Faithofchristian

This is a baseless claim. Give one example of a time "nothing" has been tested.

You have yet to demonstrate that the big bang necessarily needed a cause.

So what caused God to happen?

So this must include God, right?

Well it's evidence that you have no clue or idea that God has no beginning nor end.

Look, let's for say that your out driving and the person that's behind you, runs into the back of your car, So what's the cause of them running into the back of your car?
Was there ice or not paying attention
or talking on their cell phone or their breaks didn't work to stop them or you stop to fast for them not to be able to stop in time.
So what was the Cause?

As there is always a cause behind something. For it to happen.

And now a police officer shows up And the first thing that they ask is what happened, what was the cause of you running in the back of that car.?

Let's take a murder That when a crime scene investigator shows up, The first thing they look for is
1--What was the motive
2-- and the Cause.

Whether ot be a Police Officer or a crime scene investigator, they are not gullible to take whatever is told to them.

They want to know the cause and the motive behind what happened.

Therefore when someone tells me about the big bang theory, My first reply is.
What's the Cause for it to have happened.
And what was the cause for that to happen.
As I am not gullible to believe what everyone else tells me.

So I want to know
1-- The Cause
2-- and the motive
Why it happened and the cause behind it.

But if you wish to believe people that will say, the Big Bang happened this way or that way Without first asking the cause behind it and the motive to what caused it.
And then ask what Caused that to happen which caused the big bang to happen.
Everyone has the right to ask questions.

So of someone comes saying, the big bang happen this way or that way.

Then I ask. Ok, so what happened that caused that to happen. Ok now explain what caused that to happen.

Look I'm not gullible, so explain exactly what happened that caused that to happen.

As there is always a cause behind it for it to happen.

Faithofchristian

Why do you think this is at all important?

If it is important, can you tell us why you think your god exists? What caused that god to exist rather than a different god(s), or no gods?

Look, let's for say that your out driving and the person that's behind you, runs into the back of your car, So what's the cause of them running into the back of your car?
or talking on their cell phone or their breaks didn't work to stop them or you stop to fast for them not to be able to stop in time.
So what was the Cause?

And now a police officer shows up And the first thing that they ask is what happened, what was the cause of you running in the back of that car.?

Let's take a murder That when a crime scene investigator shows up, The first thing they look for is
1--What was the motive
2-- and the Cause.

Whether ot be a Police Officer or a crime scene investigator, they are not gullible to take whatever is told to them.

So I want to know
1-- The Cause
2-- and the motive

But if you wish to believe people that will say, the Big Bang happened this way or that way Without first asking the cause behind it and the motive to what caused it.

Then I ask. Ok, so what happened that caused that to happen. Ok now explain what caused that to happen.

Look I'm not gullible, so explain exactly what happened that caused that to happen.

Faithofchristian

And the answer is that there may well not *be* a cause. That is one of the many possibilities. We simply don't know if there was a cause or not (I suspect there wasn't) or, if there was a cause, what it could have been.

So what was the Cause?

1--What was the motive
2-- and the Cause.

So I want to know
1-- The Cause
2-- and the motive

ecco

Veteran Member
And Theory is just that, a Speculation, an opinion, suggestion, but nothing base on actual evidence of someone being there to give witness

If someone does not even know what the word "theory" in the scientific sense means, then that person is completely unqualified to make any judgments regarding evolution or the beginnings of the universe.

It's akin to taking a car to a service center where the mechanic does not know what "torque" means.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
As with the big bang theory, Without any certain proof of someone actually being there, how does anyone know for sure it happened that way.

As with Genesis, Without any certain proof of someone actually being there, how does anyone know for sure it happened that way?

Like a person who ( suspect) has an idea or impression of the existence, presence, or truth of (something) without certain proof.

Yet you believe in the existence, presence, or truth of (a god) without certain proof.

Your comments are, at best, hypocritical.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

Simplistic. Quantum mechanics suggests differently. Also causes are associated with space-time, so it's unclear what we would mean by the cause of space-time.

If we have plenty of evidence that it happened (which we do), what does it matter if we don't know why?

If you believe in a god, and can produce no evidence, that suggests you're very gullible.

Why does this matter?

Why do you believe in a god with no evidence and no cause?

ecco

Veteran Member
God's word, that's how

But you'll take man's word, But man wasn't there to see it happening.

How do you know God's word?

God did not write anything. The best you have is that God told Moses. How do you know God told Moses? The Men/Man who wrote Genesis say(s) so.

In other words, you are trusting the man/men who wrote some words 6000 years ago.

That really takes a lot of Blind Faith.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Well it's evidence that you have no clue or idea that God has no beginning nor end.

And this is evidence you have no clue or idea that the multiverse has no beginning nor end.

So what was the Cause?

At the large scale, yes. At the small scale, no. There is NOT always a cause.

1--What was the motive
2-- and the Cause.

So I want to know
1-- The Cause
2-- and the motive

Wrong. There is no 'cause' for an atom to decay at the time it does. There is no 'cause' for an atom to jump between energy levels. There is no 'cause' for a particle to decay one way instead of another.

Your assumptions about causality are simply wrong.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have God's word in the bible.

The same as you take a mans word, in and about things without any certain proof of evidence.

At lease I have God that was actually there, who can you give that was actually there to see it happening.

Therefore your not making any sense.
You complain because I take God's word
But yet you take man's word which man wasn't there to see it actually happening.
You have no objective support for your claims. Considering the Bible to be the inerrant, literal word of God is a belief and one I consider to be deification of the Bible, since it goes against the evidence and there is no valid reason to do it.

I consider your beliefs and your right to have them as inviolate, but you are taking it a step further and proclaiming that your beliefs supersede what can be learned from observation and you do it without explanation other than to make circular arguments.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well first of all, The Thread is not about Evolution, So try staying with the Thread, As RF wants people to.

If you want to talk about Evolution then start a Thread about Evolution.
The thread is about a claim that science hides the truth and evolution is science, so it is within the realm of the OP. This is just you not having a valid response and wanting to wave me off.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Well first of all, The Thread is not about Evolution, So try staying with the Thread, As RF wants people to.

If you want to talk about Evolution then start a Thread about Evolution.
The thread did not specifically make statements about the Big Bang either, yet you did. Not even a valid statement, but a straw man version of Big Bang theory about meteors colliding that is not found in science anywhere.

Have you heard the term hypocritical before?

Faithofchristian

You have no objective support for your claims. Considering the Bible to be the inerrant, literal word of God is a belief and one I consider to be deification of the Bible, since it goes against the evidence and there is no valid reason to do it.

I consider your beliefs and your right to have them as inviolate, but you are taking it a step further and proclaiming that your beliefs supersede what can be learned from observation and you do it without explanation other than to make circular arguments.

What I believe and it is mine to believe however and when ever I want.

So I don't go long with the big bang theory, and that's all it is just someone's Theory.

A theory does not mean its real, it's a person theory of opinion on what they think what happened and nothing more.

It's when people takes someone's Theory of opinion and trys to make it as something that actually happened.

When a person said it's their theory of opinion how the big bang occurred.

That doesn't mean it actually happened. It's just their theory of opinion.

So if a person said, I have this theory of my opinion that a cow did jump over the moon.

So does this mean the cow actually jump over the moon?
Why of course not, it's just their theory of opinion.and nothing more.

Faithofchristian

The thread is about a claim that science hides the truth and evolution is science, so it is within the realm of the OP. This is just you not having a valid response and wanting to wave me off.

That's absolutely positively right.
Scientists did hid the truth, by not giving what exactly happened that caused the big bang.
And what ever caused the big bang to happen, what caused that to happen.