• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do religious people beleive the author of the scripts but ?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Miracle : A Universal event that cannot be explained by logic
Logic doesn't "explain" anything. I think you mean "science."
What is understood today was once not understood, and was often considered miraculous.

There are many things today, at the fringes of science, that are not understood. This doesn't make them any more "miraculous" than the bizarre, fringe phenomena of a century ago.

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Why do religious people believe the author of the scripts or books but then instantly disbeleive when somebody of modern times claims to be Gods messenger ?

There is a passage that offers that it needs to be a choice based on evidence.

“A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matt. 7:15–20.)

Regards Tony

TheBrokenSoul

Logic doesn't "explain" anything. I think you mean "science."
What is understood today was once not understood, and was often considered miraculous.

There are many things today, at the fringes of science, that are not understood. This doesn't make them any more miraculous" than the bizarre, fringe phenomena of a century ago.
Science is the study of everything and science requires logic . Logic doesn't just mean our wildest best guesses , logic is composed thinking using available means .

Space has a uniform value of 0 , no energy , no mass . It isn't logical that energy can spontaneously appear from nothing . Therefore without doubt a miracle is required . There is nothing difficult to understand about space .

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
There is a passage that offers that it needs to be a choice based on evidence.

“A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit; neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. “Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.” (Matt. 7:15–20.)

Regards Tony
Hmmmm..... Historically, Christianity has a pretty bad record of war, bloodshed and repression.
You're hoist on your own petard, methinks.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
That is simply not true , physics cannot describe where the energy manifested from for the epoch of time . Secondly physics cannot explain where our own neurological reference frames came from .
Both are indeed miracles .
No. Physics can describe where energy manifested because physics have not changed in any way back then as it is now.

I would love to see a scientific citation stating the case otherwise. Of course you won't find any because it's a personal assertion and not validated whatsoever by science.

TheBrokenSoul

No. Physics can describe where energy manifested because physics have not changed in any way back then as it is now.

I would love to see a scientific citation stating the case otherwise. Of course you won't find any because it's a personal assertion and not validated whatsoever by science.
Really ? According to science the universe started from a high dense state of matter . Matter and energy being equivalents .
The big bang does not explain how this high dense state of matter was formed . Physics can't describe where this energy manifested from at all , that is a false statement from you .

firedragon

Veteran Member
Why do religious people believe the author of the scripts or books but then instantly disbeleive when somebody of modern times claims to be Gods messenger ?

Some religious people believe statements like the one I just copied from another thread in this forum. Just a minute ago.

"For good people to do evil things, it takes religion."

But they instantly disbelieve when someone comes and says "there is no evidence for that. So that's just made up".

Wonder why.

TheBrokenSoul

Some religious people believe statements like the one I just copied from another thread in this forum. Just a minute ago.

"For good people to do evil things, it takes religion."

But they instantly disbelieve when someone comes and says "there is no evidence for that. So that's just made up".

Wonder why.
Well God said , '' you can call a Horse , Water, and can call Water a Horse , but you can't lead a Horse to Water ''

Words are all made up by humanity too communicate .

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
It sounds like the problem is when the new message contradicts the old message. Which in a lot of cases it means the new message contradict the Christian interpretation of the Hebrew Bible and their New Testament.

To me the problem is if person claims to be Bible God’s messenger, but is in contradiction with Bible God. I can’t believe contradictory messenger.

For some it's because their religion says there are no new messengers. I personally don't instantly disbelieve it but examine the message, if it contradicts something previously revealed then I know it's false

But why do you believe in "Bible God?" Why were the Bible God prophets reliable, or more reliable than today's claimants?
Yes, why do they believe in the Bible God? And, if they are Christian, that God is the Trinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. It is an interpretation of the Bible that they believe in. And, with some Christian, the Bible become literally the Word of God and is inerrant and infallible. But... They, in my opinion, contradict the Jewish Bible and how they interpret their Scriptures.

Jews believe prophecy ended with Malachi, the last prophet. Prophecy will be renewed some time in the future, but certain things must happen for that to happen. Meanwhile, we'll keep saying "adios" to anyone who claims prophecy.
So why believe in your prophets and your God? I'm sure you've got good reasons. But... why should others say they believe it, then add their Scriptures onto it? They do have to explain why some things seem to contradict. And they do explain it. And that explanation satisfies the believers. Jesus is declared the Jewish Messiah. And he's the last one coming and will, one day come again. Or no? Then comes Muhammad and others. And they build on the Bible and the New Testament and add the Quran. And now Muhammad is the last prophet. But wait again, some more people come and claim to be messengers. And, as you know, there are contradictions. Each one contradicts things in the previous one. And they all have their interpretations to explain them away. But then comes Baha'u'llah.

By their fruits you shall know them? All religions have done good and bad. But, I know, all any new messenger is asking is for people to give them a chance. To hear what they are saying. And not to write them off as soon as they find something that contradicts their beliefs. And why is that good? I agree with Baha'is and all the other religions... the interpretation of the previous religions might be wrong. So, it would be nice to give the new religion and its message a fair chance to prove itself.

But why would anybody happy and satisfied, and that believes what their religion teaches about whether or not a messenger is coming or not, even care or be looking or be expecting another messenger? That's where this fruit tree is an interesting analogy. People are looking at an apple tree and expecting to see an apple. If a new religion comes along, and because of the contradictions between the two religions they are seeing oranges.

Sorry to pick on the Mormons/LDS, but I think they are a good example of this. Unless you're a Mormon, you probably don't believe in Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. Yet, the religion has millions of members, and compared to other religions, they are pretty nice people. So, they've got some good fruit. But does that mean their religion is based on something real and true or something fictional? Then... how many religions are based on real things and are not fictional? Some people do believe, as much as possible, that their religion is true. They are looking, needing or wanting another religion to be true. The contradictions become important. They can instantly write them off as false. But how true was theirs when compared to the previous one?

TheBrokenSoul

It sounds like the problem is when the new message contradicts the old message. Which in a lot of cases it means the new message contradict the Christian interpretation of the Hebrew Bible and their New Testament.

It isn't contradiction , when contradiction is truths , honesty is for the wise , accepted dishonest belief is not truths .

firedragon

Veteran Member
Well God said , '' you can call a Horse , Water, and can call Water a Horse , but you can't lead a Horse to Water ''

Words are all made up by humanity too communicate .

But the truth is, that statement was made by an atheist, and has no evidence to it whatsoever. So he was just indoctrinated into believing it. It was his faith. You failed to see it.

Cheers.