• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do people still follow religion?

Bigbman

Science has pretty much disputed every part of religion, and all religion has down has caused problems and taught hate. Why do you still believe it?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
Science has pretty much disputed every part of religion, and all religion has down has caused problems and taught hate. Why do you still believe it?

Because scientific discovery does not grant a feeling of community or purpose that religion does. In fact, in most situations it robs the psyche of both.

outhouse

Atheistically
Because scientific discovery does not grant a feeling of community or purpose that religion does. In fact, in most situations it robs the psyche of both.

I have a feeling of community and purpose.

I'm as far from religion as one can get, I don't feel robbed at all ;)

outhouse

Atheistically
Science has pretty much disputed every part of religion,

Science doesn't deal with human feelings and emotions, nor does it offer a guide one can live by.

and all religion has down has caused problems and taught hate.

Could you rephrase this so its coherent?

Why do you still believe it

Religion is a reality, its not something one believes, its a fact.

Whether you like it or not, religion has helped more then hurt. It offers a positive guide for living.

Just because some pervert its meaning, does not make it a negative as a whole.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

The most important aspect of any religion is the belief in The God Person. How has science disputed belief in God?

Bigbman

Science doesn't deal with human feelings and emotions, nor does it offer a guide one can live by.

Could you rephrase this so its coherent?

Religion is a reality, its not something one believes, its a fact.

Whether you like it or not, religion has helped more then hurt. It offers a positive guide for living.

Just because some pervert its meaning, does not make it a negative as a whole.

I'm going to assume you're Christian. Do you know the bible says if a man marries a woman, and she is not a virgin, she will be executed. If you see your neighbor working on a Sunday, you can, kill him.

Explain to me how people pervert, it's meaning

TheKnight

Guardian of Life

Well, for one is hasn't disputed every part of religion. Even if it had, to dispute is not to disporve. Has religion caused any problems? Can you actually demonstrate a causal relationship between religion and problems such that religion is uniquely the cause of the problem?

Religion isn't just about belief. For many its about how you live your life. I believe things that are in direct contrast with some teachings in my religion. However, I don't associate with it because I believe in everything it says I should. I associate with it because the system of behavior it advocates is beneficial to human beings.

The most important aspect of any religion is the belief in The God Person. How has science disputed belief in God?

This isn't true across all religion

outhouse

Atheistically
I'm going to assume you're Christian. Do you know the bible says if a man marries a woman, and she is not a virgin, she will be executed. If you see your neighbor working on a Sunday, you can, kill him.

You assume wrong.

Just as how your perverting it now is a prime example.

It is a book written for ancient people in ancient times, yet you want to apply those same legends to today's time period literally, instead of metaphorically or allegorically.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Read a Biology textbook, PLEASE.

Right. Are you meaning all the evidence of evolution has proved the non-existence of The God? I don't think there exists a biology book that proves the non existence of God. Is there one of those? To prove without a shadow of doubt (which hasn't been done, to my knowledge) that evolution is the only way all life exists still does not prove God does not exist. You seem to believe it does, so, tell us. Please explain it. Or if you have found the book that explains it, provide a link please.

TheKnight

Guardian of Life

Clearly you've never met outhouse......

Suppose it does say that....what does that even mean?

Bigbman

Well, for one is hasn't disputed every part of religion. Even if it had, to dispute is not to disporve. Has religion caused any problems? Can you actually demonstrate a causal relationship between religion and problems such that religion is uniquely the cause of the problem?

Religion isn't just about belief. For many its about how you live your life. I believe things that are in direct contrast with some teachings in my religion. However, I don't associate with it because I believe in everything it says I should. I associate with it because the system of behavior it advocates is beneficial to human beings.

How is religion caused problems? How about the crusaders killing all non-believers. How about the Holocaust. How about the fact that it has been used to justify almost every genocide in history. More people have died in wars fought over religion, than any other war.

This isn't true across all religion

How is religion caused problems? How about the crusaders killing all non-believers. How about the Holocaust. How about the fact that it has been used to justify almost every genocide in history. More people have died in wars fought over religion, than any other war.

Bigbman

Right. Are you meaning all the evidence of evolution has proved the non-existence of The God? I don't think there exists a biology book that proves the non existence of God. Is there one of those? To prove without a shadow of doubt (which hasn't been done, to my knowledge) that evolution is the only way all life exists still does not prove God does not exist. You seem to believe it does, so, tell us. Please explain it. Or if you have found the book that explains it, provide a link please.

Evolution, is enough evidence, but also logic. Does it really seem thesible that a man's hand came from the sky, and put the world here. You really want to continue to live in that fantasy. Fair enough.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member

First you must prove that those terrible occurrences you have mentioned would not have happened if belief in God never was. And by the way, why not tell us that you know about all the religiously thinking folks that HELPED during those times of distress?