• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do people like to be poisoned?

.lava

Veteran Member
hi :) i've seen many times people feel so relaxed when they drink alcohol or when they do drugs they feel freer. do we really need to poison ourselves to stop thinking and feel relaxed? i personally do not think so. i believe we can reach any kind of mood by using our free wills.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
you're trying to oversimplify and overgeneralize. People do different things for different reasons, and there is a difference between responsible indulgence and reckless compulsion.

Last edited:

Hema

Sweet n Spicy
Some people think that they cannot have fun without drinking. There are lots of people who can control how much they drink but for those who overdo it, I think they use that form of addiction to forget whatever problems they might be facing.

I get a natural high from laughing. :D

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Most everything is poisoness .lava..Including the air we breath ...Either with chemicals or bacterias most everything we encounter is tainted..

Love

Dallas

whereismynotecard

Treasure Hunter
Lately I've been laughing a lot, and I don't even know why. Seriously... I just think everything is funny... I don't even take any more pills than usual... just some if I have a headache, like I always do...

It's weird too, because I should be really mad, but instead I feel like I'm high... but I didn't do any drugs.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Lately I've been laughing a lot, and I don't even know why. Seriously... I just think everything is funny... I don't even take any more pills than usual... just some if I have a headache, like I always do...

It's weird too, because I should be really mad, but instead I feel like I'm high... but I didn't do any drugs.

You might want to check the carbon monoxide levels in your house.. :D

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
No serioulsy ..Hema is right...Laughter is truly a natural high..

They dont call it the "best medicine" for nothing...

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Stoned with what?? :D Seriously, it doesn't matter, because then sometimes I feel really depressed. I only find everything to be funny some of the times. Maybe there is a gas leak... But only some of the times......

I know pumkin..I think you are high like on a roller coaster ride right now..and then down again ....

Its O.K we all have gas leaks sometimes..:)

Love

Dallas

Last edited:

.lava

Veteran Member
you're trying to oversimplify and overgeneralize. People do different things for different reasons, and there is a difference between responsible indulgence and reckless compulsion.

i don't wonder why people do drugs or drink alcohol. what makes me wonder what happens to them when they do. for example there's someone i know. someone i actually would like to stay away. he is very macho, extremely aggressive and angry all the time. he does not smile. i mean it, he does not. when he drinks alcohol he changes. he smiles, chats, jokes. in general you could not talk to him because in five minutes he manages to start a fight. that guy goes away, another one comes along. why? he is just one example. that sorta bothers me because i think this is tragic. he becomes a lovely person only when he is little drunk.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
i don't wonder why people do drugs or drink alcohol. what makes me wonder what happens to them when they do. for example there's someone i know. someone i actually would like to stay away. he is very macho, extremely aggressive and angry all the time. he does not smile. i mean it, he does not. when he drinks alcohol he changes. he smiles, chats, jokes. in general you could not talk to him because in five minutes he manages to start a fight. that guy goes away, another one comes along. why? he is just one example. that sorta bothers me because i think this is tragic. he becomes a lovely person only when he is little drunk.

He needs to go see someone..He's too wound up...Or..he's a raging alcoholic who feels like crap unless he has a drink...

But that isnt right...to never smile..and be a butt hole..unless you drink... you are correct about that....

Love

Dallas

Neo-Logic

Reality Checker
Why do people ask stupid questions?

Okay, so I don't really think your questions is stupid. I'm trying to make a point. What I interpret as stupid is different from your interpretation. What you interpret as "poison" and "pointless", another could interpret as something else.

The simple answer is that people drink because they can. Some feel the need to. A cheap drink to drown out some of your problems is a lot better than going on the streets to get into fights or other methods of relieving life's miseries. Some may not think this is the case, or the right way, simply because they don't have that kind of misery or have learned other ways, but many things are easier said than done.

TurkeyOnRye

Aside from the primary effects, drugs have the unusual characteristic of having unintended meditative qualities. When we take drugs, we focus our attention on our bodies; that is one of the simplest and most effective meditation techniques.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Aside from the primary effects, drugs have the unusual characteristic of having unintended meditative qualities. When we take drugs, we focus our attention on our bodies; that is one of the simplest and most effective meditation techniques.

Interesting..

You mean like you think..."Im queezy Im going to throw up"...or "Im dyining of thirst and that water taste like an angel"

Thats meditation?

Love

Dallas

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Geee. I dunno. I come from a family with a horrible problem with alcoholism, fought alcoholism myself, It IS poison to me. I just don't touch the stuff.
That's for me tho & I don't judge others. I've never done drugs, had enough trouble with booze.

Nietzsche

The Last Prussian
Premium Member
Geee. I dunno. I come from a family with a horrible problem with alcoholism, fought alcoholism myself, It IS poison to me. I just don't touch the stuff.
That's for me tho & I don't judge others. I've never done drugs, had enough trouble with booze.
This thread is a wee bit old, dear.