• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do People Hate?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
When no one took anything away from another?

Hatred for a persons sex, their gender, their race, their ethnicity, their age, the socio/economic level?

Why are we when we are hated forced to replace what we did not steal from another?

Last edited:

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

Hatred for a persons sex, their gender, their race, their ethnicity, their age, the socio/economic level?

Why are we when we are hated forced to replace what we did not steal from another?

I hate these sort of questions.

Ciao

- viole

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Opposing moral values.

pearl

Bad experience with one and collectively blaming all of the same culture, race, gender etc.
Taught to hate, family's tradition handed on.
Wanting to belong to a group for one reason, willing to overlook other immoralities.

Jumi

Sometimes hate is a consequence of action, sometimes of misunderstanding and lack of empathy.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Two kinds of hate, one of just cause, and one without.

The one without is one of envy, false pride of superiority, hedonism, vanity, ego, greed, power, lust, and lack.

The one of just cause is towards evil. Tragedy.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What I run into most....
"You disagree with me?
I have The Truth.
It's obvious.
I hate you!"

There are some posters I avoid interacting with.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher

I'm not sure if I even understand your question.

People hate because there are those that DID take something from other people. People hate because some people just can. People hate because some think inferior beings ought to not exist. There is a plethora of reasons why people hate.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Ignorance, for the most part.

James Watson, so-called part founder of the double Helix said the following:

“Some Anti-Semitism Is Justified"

"All of our social policies are based on the fact that [Africans] intelligence is the same as ours- whereas all the testing says not really."

"I'm not a racist in a conventional way."

"The one aspect of the Jewish brain that is not first class is that Jews are said to be bad in thinking in three dimensions...it is true."

A man that studied biochemistry and the DNA structure could come up with such junk science methodologies surely couldn't be just any ignorant person. So what type of ignorance do you refer to?

BSM1

What? Me worry?
James Watson, so-called part founder of the double Helix said the following:

“Some Anti-Semitism Is Justified"

"All of our social policies are based on the fact that [Africans] intelligence is the same as ours- whereas all the testing says not really."

"I'm not a racist in a conventional way."

"The one aspect of the Jewish brain that is not first class is that Jews are said to be bad in thinking in three dimensions...it is true."

A man that studied biochemistry and the DNA structure could come up with such junk science methodologies surely couldn't be just any ignorant person. So what type of ignorance do you refer to?

Don't you think these statements are ignorant and would embraced by ignorant people?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Don't you think these statements are ignorant and would embraced by ignorant people?

Which is why I asked what is your own personal definition of ignorant? I personally think people of this caliber are fully aware of what they're saying and are intelligent enough to know what they're saying. Do I think those mentioned quotes are stupid? Yes. Would they be embraced by stupid people? Yes.

atanu

Premium Member

Well. I think that other people fart smelly.

But seriously. What belongs to ego self, the hater, that anything can be taken from it or that it can give anything?

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
why-do-people-hate

People hate, because someone crossed their borders and the person was not able to transform the accumulated aroused anger

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Which is why I asked what is your own personal definition of ignorant? I personally think people of this caliber are fully aware of what they're saying and are intelligent enough to know what they're saying. Do I think those mentioned quotes are stupid? Yes. Would they be embraced by stupid people? Yes.

So we are in agreement? Do you hate me because you're stupid, or do you hate me because one of us is ignorant of the other?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
So we are in agreement? Do you hate me because you're stupid, or do you hate me because one of us is ignorant of the other?

What is the difference in being stupid and ignorant?

Being called stupid is just a slang word with a pejorative meaning (in most cases) of one who lacks common sense or great intelligence. Beign ignorant is someone who lacks knowledge and awareness.

So I don't have to hate you for being stupid or ignorant. I know right from wrong so I'm not morally ignorant or lacking awareness. I'm also not stupid because I can have common sense and intelligence but simply hate you for your behavior. But alas, you have not addresed my James Watson problem.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
What is the difference in being stupid and ignorant?

Being called stupid is just a slang word with a pejorative meaning (in most cases) of one who lacks common sense or great intelligence. Beign ignorant is someone who lacks knowledge and awareness.

So I don't have to hate you for being stupid or ignorant. I know right from wrong so I'm not morally ignorant or lacking awareness. I'm also not stupid because I can have common sense and intelligence but simply hate you for your behavior. But alas, you have not addresed my James Watson problem.

Here's a simple difference between ignorant and stupid. Ignorance is when you do something because you simply don't know any better (of have been taught this all your life); stupidity is when you do it after you know better. Most of the hate that I grew up with was the result of ignorance or bad teaching.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Here's a simple difference between ignorant and stupid. Ignorance is when you do something because you simply don't know any better (of have been taught this all your life); stupidity is when you do it after you know better. Most of the hate that I grew up with was the result of ignorance or bad teaching.

Sigh okay...then what of James Watson then who is a scientist?