• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do People Find It Necessary To Tell Mormons

nutshell

Game,

Your posts have demonstrated how ignorant of the faith you are criticizing you really are. Further, your reference to Revelation is your own interpretation. It won't be Evangelical Christians doing the judging -- It will be Christ.

Snowbear

Nita Okhata
beckysoup61 said:
I think I'm just trying to say, I don't call you horrible, bad, etc, please don't call me that..
I haven't done that.... to you or your religion.... even though I am a (non LDS) Christian.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Becky, this is why I started a thread awhile back called "ashamed to be a Christian". All this hollier then thou attitude. It's like someone telling you that eating apples is wrong, you must eat oranges, when you don't like oranges, you like apples! I might not agree with some teachings with any religion, but that does not make it wrong. Only wrong for me. Continued....

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Has God told you to follow this path? If so, how can anyone question what God wants? Believe in God, believe in yourself, believe in the way God leads you. If God wishes you to switch paths, he'll tell you, until then, others need to stop speaking for God. That got Job's friends in trouble. ;)

SoyLeche

meh...
TheGreaterGame said:
Theological wimpiness is not condoned by Christ . . . he called men white washed tombs . . . he told his disciples that if they didn't like what he said then hit the door . . . he called some a brood of vipers . . . theological wimpiness is not condoned by Christ-- the Warrior-- the Lion . . .
... the Lamb

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
beckysoup61 said:
I think I'm just trying to say, I don't call you horrible, bad, etc, please don't call me that. End of subject.
Dear Becky,

I really feel your pain. Religious bigotry is not only harmful: it's repulsive. It seems that the most intolerant seem to miss our Lord's words: "I desire mercy and not sacrifice". Anytime I hear about this kind of harrassment I think of this scripture:

Luke 18:9 To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everybody else, Jesus told this parable: 10 "Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood up and prayed about himself: 'God, I thank you that I am not like other men—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.'

13 "But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner.' 14 "I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted." NIV

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
TheGreaterGame said:
It's kind of funny that you say that Jesus won't ask other Christians who will and who won't be getting into heaven when 1st Corinthians 6 and Revelation 20:1-10 imply that the Saints (Evangelical Christians- that is an exclusive group) will judge the earth. LEARN THE WORD

This is not a debate forum, it is the LDS religion forum. They can talk about their beliefs here without outside attack from you or anyone else. Take your opinions to the debate forum, please.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
beckysoup61 said:
:149: I guess I'm just a ranter/raver right now. I don't see it why people that aren't LDS find it absoltuley necessary to tell us that we are going to hell, that Joseph Smith was a fraud, that temples are a dark and evil place.

Why is that? I guess I'm just naive on this, maybe I'm just tired. Why is it necessary to pick on the LDS? I know other faiths are being picked on too, but I guess I'm being a bit defensive.

The LDS Church doesn't pick on you and tell you are going to hell, that the founder of your particular faith was a fraud and that your places of woship are evil.

I guess all I'm saying is I'm feeling really picked on for my choice of faith, not just here, but other places to. I guess that's all I have to say.

Sorry for the rant.

P.S. This may have something to do with I'm not feeling good and I want to yell at something right now.:banghead3
it's good to yell, sometimes, and to have a rant. Personally, I have absolutely nothing against LDS; why ? should I ?:D

I have nothing against anyone preaching whatever they like, as long as a) I am not forced to comform to their ideas, and b) no one is mentally or physically hurt as a result of the preaching.

guess all I'm saying is I'm feeling really picked on for my choice of faith, not just here, but other places to. I guess that's all I have to say.
I am sorry, I have only just noticed that; no one should need to feel that way, you have my simpathy, if that helps any.:(

SoyLeche

meh...
I think it's interesting when people tell me that because I'm a Mormon it means that I'm not a Christian. And this whole time I've believed that Christ is my savior. I never knew you could believe that and not be a Christian.

Aqualung

Tasty
TheGreaterGame said:
Well seeing how old Joseph Smith called the Christian Church in the 19th Century the great whore of Babylon
That's like black people yelling at me because some white person a hundred years ago enslaved some black person a hundred years ago. I never told anybody they're going to hell, so why do people have to tell me that I am?

Mormonism is one of the most inconsistent,
Funny you should say that here. Where were you a couple weeks ago when I created thread specifically for you to mention the inconsitencies?! That thread (called "Abrahamic-Momons" in the same faith debates) has almost gotten no use. Why don't you go over there and have yourself a go at the "inconsitencies" our religion has? You never know, if there are as many as you think, you might just convert to "real" christianity, something that I know is every "real" christian's goal.

plus I don't subscribe to this post-modern context that says all ideas are okay . . . every idea is equal and valid . . .
Neither do I, but I don't find the need to spout it off to everyone I come into contact with that I think they're retarded and misled. It's called tact. It comes in handy sometimes.

Aqualung

Tasty
TheGreaterGame said:
You smack Jesus in the face with a comment like that freind . . . for I will have you know that Jesus used an edge on his words when dealing with Pharisees and hypocrits . . . I will also have you know that I am indeed an expert on this subject I have the mettle . . . do you?
Jesus may have done that, because he is the only one who can judge righteously, but he never gave us permission to tell others they are going to hell.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Becky, and all of our LDS friends; I would like to apologise for the hurt others have caused you; religious intollerance is a contradiction in terms. Religion is about tollerance and Love.

At least that is as it should be.:)

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
michel said:
Becky, and all of our LDS friends; I would like to apologise for the hurt others have caused you; religious intollerance is a contradiction in terms. Religion is about tollerance and Love.

At least that is as it should be.:)
Well said, michel, count me in on that apology too. God is love.

TheGreaterGame

Aqualung said:
Jesus may have done that, because he is the only one who can judge righteously, but he never gave us permission to tell others they are going to hell.
That's like saying we can't love the way Jesus loved so why try? Jesus was our perfect example . . . so harsh criticism, while hard for most, is spot on with the character of Jesus . . . and so for his bride.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
beckysoup61 said:
:149: I guess I'm just a ranter/raver right now. I don't see it why people that aren't LDS find it absoltuley necessary to tell us that we are going to hell, that Joseph Smith was a fraud, that temples are a dark and evil place.

To be honest, I think it's because people suck. :)

Aqualung

Tasty
TheGreaterGame said:
That's like saying we can't love the way Jesus loved so why try? Jesus was our perfect example . . . so harsh criticism, while hard for most, is spot on with the character of Jesus . . . and so for his bride.
He commanded us to love one another. He never commanded us to critisice one another. In fact, he frequently told us the opposite. Such things as, don't judge, lest ye be judged. Take the beam from your own eye before you take the speck out of your brother's. Clean the inside of the vessle before you bother trying to clean the outside. Until you're as perfect as Christ, there is no room for you to be making judgements on anybody but yourself and those that are in your care. :tsk:

SoyLeche

meh...
Aqualung said:
He commanded us to love one another. He never commanded us to critisice one another. In fact, he frequently told us the opposite. Such things as, don't judge, lest ye be judged. Take the beam from your own eye before you take the speck out of your brother's. Clean the inside of the vessle before you bother trying to clean the outside. Until you're as perfect as Christ, there is no room for you to be making judgements on anybody but yourself and those that are in your care. :tsk:
Must... Spread... Karma!

TheGreaterGame

Aqualung said:
What is the context of "Judge not lest you be judged?"

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
TheGreaterGame said:
What is the context of "Judge not lest you be judged?"
Why you doing this? This is a LDS thread, to discuss why some attack their beliefs, not a thread for you to attack them. If you wish to debate their views, why don't you start a thread in religious debates? :jester5: