• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do People Find It Necessary To Tell Mormons

Bishka

Veteran Member
:149: I guess I'm just a ranter/raver right now. I don't see it why people that aren't LDS find it absoltuley necessary to tell us that we are going to hell, that Joseph Smith was a fraud, that temples are a dark and evil place.

Why is that? I guess I'm just naive on this, maybe I'm just tired. Why is it necessary to pick on the LDS? I know other faiths are being picked on too, but I guess I'm being a bit defensive.

The LDS Church doesn't pick on you and tell you are going to hell, that the founder of your particular faith was a fraud and that your places of woship are evil.

I guess all I'm saying is I'm feeling really picked on for my choice of faith, not just here, but other places to. I guess that's all I have to say.

Sorry for the rant.

P.S. This may have something to do with I'm not feeling good and I want to yell at something right now.:banghead3

TheGreaterGame

beckysoup61 said:
:149: I guess I'm just a ranter/raver right now. I don't see it why people that aren't LDS find it absoltuley necessary to tell us that we are going to hell, that Joseph Smith was a fraud, that temples are a dark and evil place.

Why is that? I guess I'm just naive on this, maybe I'm just tired. Why is it necessary to pick on the LDS? I know other faiths are being picked on too, but I guess I'm being a bit defensive.

The LDS Church doesn't pick on you and tell you are going to hell, that the founder of your particular faith was a fraud and that your places of woship are evil.

I guess all I'm saying is I'm feeling really picked on for my choice of faith, not just here, but other places to. I guess that's all I have to say.

Sorry for the rant.

P.S. This may have something to do with I'm not feeling good and I want to yell at something right now.:banghead3
Well seeing how old Joseph Smith called the Christian Church in the 19th Century the great whore of Babylon . . . it kind of makes you fair game to probed and picked apart . . . everyone has a theological flaw, but the trick is findin the theology that has the fewest and being consistent. Mormonism is one of the most inconsistent, therefore I jettisoned a long time ago . . . happily ever after . . . plus I don't subscribe to this post-modern context that says all ideas are okay . . . every idea is equal and valid . . . that is like saying that heavy weight Boxing Champion of the world is the equal of a novice in the ring . . . when that is simply not the truth . . . the same is true of competing ideas . . . some are far more truthful and logically consistent then others.

jonny

It's not just Mormons that these people tell they are going to hell. It's also Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Catholics, homosexuals, JWs, etc. When it gets down to it, everyone except Evangelical Christians will end up in hell according to some beliefs.

I try not to dwell on it too much. We know that there is only one judge - Jesus Christ - and it is through his grace that we are saved. Luckily, I don't think he'll ask the Southern Baptists for permission to let us into heaven. Everyone will be judged according to their faith and knowledge and how they acted upon this faith and knowledge.

I also think that some of it is fear. The LDS church is growing while many of these other churches are shrinking. They are trying to retain their members. I see the fact that they have to attack other religions to build up their own as an indication that they have a weak foundation, but that's just my opinion. You'd think that they would be able to convince us of their faith without having to tear down our beliefs. It's not so.

Last, some of it is resentment. As with any religion, there are many people who have left the church. With the Mormon church it seems that some they cannot leave it alone for what ever reason. They probably think they are helping, but they are just bugging.

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
It feels good to get it off your chest right?

It feels good for me to get off my chest how much the "All men are ********" mentality annoys me, cause i don't even have a choice in the matter.

Sorry about hijacking the thread but i had to.

TheGreaterGame

jonny said:
It's not just Mormons that these people tell they are going to hell. It's also Jews, Muslims, Atheists, Catholics, homosexuals, JWs, etc. When it gets down to it, everyone except Evangelical Christians will end up in hell according to some beliefs.

I try not to dwell on it too much. We know that there is only one judge - Jesus Christ - and it is through his grace that we are saved. Luckily, I don't think he'll ask the Southern Baptists for permission to let us into heaven. Everyone will be judged according to their faith and knowledge and how they acted upon this faith and knowledge.

I also think that some of it is fear. The LDS church is growing while many of these other churches are shrinking. They are trying to retain their members. I see the fact that they have to attack other religions to build up their own as an indication that they have a weak foundation, but that's just my opinion. You'd think that they would be able to convince us of their faith without having to tear down our beliefs. It's not so.

Last, some of it is resentment. As with any religion, there are many people who have left the church. With the Mormon church it seems that some they cannot leave it alone for what ever reason. They probably think they are helping, but they are just bugging.
It's kind of funny that you say that Jesus won't ask other Christians who will and who won't be getting into heaven when 1st Corinthians 6 and Revelation 20:1-10 imply that the Saints (Evangelical Christians- that is an exclusive group) will judge the earth. LEARN THE WORD

Bishka

Veteran Member
TheGreaterGame said:
It's kind of funny that you say that Jesus won't ask other Christians who will and who won't be getting into heaven when 1st Corinthians 6 and Revelation 20:1-10 imply that the Saints (Evangelical Christians- that is an exclusive group) will judge the earth. LEARN THE WORD
Okay, mistake making the thread. I'm not feeling well, and my mind is a bit muddy right now. Perhaps, I should get off until I feel better. I think I'm just trying to say, I don't call you horrible, bad, etc, please don't call me that. End of subject.

TheGreaterGame

Okay, mistake making the thread. I'm not feeling well, and my mind is a bit muddy right now. Perhaps, I should get off until I feel better. I think I'm just trying to say, I don't call you horrible, bad, etc, please don't call me that. End of subject.

Sorry your not up to it . . . I hope you feel better

jonny

TheGreaterGame said:
I guess heaven is relative then. Between the choice of being in heaven with just the Evangelical Christians who would tell me I'm going to hell and in hell with everyone else, I think I'd choose hell. I hate the cold anyway. ;)

I still stand by my belief that Christ is my judge. I don't see how he would ever turn such an important role over to an imperfect person.

TheGreaterGame

jonny said:
I guess heaven is relative then. Between the choice of being in heaven with just the Evangelical Christians who would tell me I'm going to hell and in hell with everyone else, I think I'd choose hell. I hate the cold anyway. ;)

I still stand by my belief that Christ is my judge. I don't see how he would ever turn such an important role over to an imperfect person.
You have every right to be wrong . . . by the way it just goes to show that Mormons don't belive in the bible (despite your disclaimer "AS LONG AS ITS INTERPRETED CORRECTLY") . . . just keep on beliving in your prophet who speaks to God one on one in prayer closets in the Mormon temples . . . oh has God changed his mind on anything lately . . .

Bishka

Veteran Member
TheGreaterGame said:
You have every right to be wrong . . . by the way it just goes to show that Mormons don't belive in the bible (despite your disclaimer "AS LONG AS ITS INTERPRETED CORRECTLY") . . . just keep on beliving in your prophet who speaks to God one on one in prayer closets in the Mormon temples . . . oh has God changed his mind on anything lately . . .
Okay, one thing before I go. I don't take things that are sacred to you and drag them in the mud, I'd appreciate it if you would do the same.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
TheGreaterGame said:
Denegration is a tool of someone who knows so little about the subject in question, that he must invent unoriginal ways to belittle people.

Disrespectful young man, kindly shut up. (or get some manners) whichever you find easier.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
TheGreaterGame said:
Greater Game,

I am the world's foremost authority on what I believe. You are not. I do believe the Bible to be the word of God, regardless of what you may have to say on the subject. Furthermore, you don't really seem to have much knowledge on the religion you claim to once have been a part of. I find it truly unfortunate that the most fundamental of all Jesus Christ's teachings seems to have eluded you. Perhaps some of the other Latter-day Saints here will want to engage in a mud-slinging dialogue with you. I actually hope that they will choose not to, since I believe the spirit of contention to be of the devil. I see no good coming from this discussion myself.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
SnaleSpace said:
Denegration is a tool of someone who knows so little about the subject in question, that he must invent unoriginal ways to belittle people.

Disrespectful young man, kindly shut up. (or get some manners) whichever you find easier.
Thank you most kindly, SnaleSpace, for coming to our aid. I would love to return the favor sometime. ;)

TheGreaterGame

You smack Jesus in the face with a comment like that freind . . . for I will have you know that Jesus used an edge on his words when dealing with Pharisees and hypocrits . . . I will also have you know that I am indeed an expert on this subject I have the mettle . . . do you?

TheGreaterGame

Greater Game,

I am the world's foremost authority on what I believe. You are not. I do believe the Bible to be the word of God, regardless of what you may have to say on the subject. Furthermore, you don't really seem to have much knowledge on the religion you claim to once have been a part of. I find it truly unfortunate that the most fundamental of all Jesus Christ's teachings seems to have eluded you. Perhaps some of the other Latter-day Saints here will want to engage in a mud-slinging dialogue with you. I actually hope that they will choose not to, since I believe the spirit of contention to be of the devil. I see no good coming from this discussion myself.
Theological wimpiness is not condoned by Christ . . . he called men white washed tombs . . . he told his disciples that if they didn't like what he said then hit the door . . . he called some a brood of vipers . . . theological wimpiness is not condoned by Christ-- the Warrior-- the Lion . . .

Bishka

Veteran Member
TheGreaterGame said:
Theological wimpiness is not condoned by Christ . . . he called men white washed tombs . . . he told his disciples that if they didn't like what he said then hit the door . . . he called some a brood of vipers . . . theological wimpiness is not condoned by Christ-- the Warrior-- the Lion . . .
How is katzpur having theological wimpiness?

Bishka

Veteran Member
TheGreaterGame said:
This is in reference to the language used by Small Space
So, by not particpating in a 'mud-slinging' debate she is wimpy? Like Christ said, "Turn the other cheek." She isn't going to fight with you, none of us will. If that's what you want, please find somewhere else to do it.