• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do peace seems to scare some people?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
This might sound strange, but what is it with peace and peace loving people that seem to scare other people?

Statements like.
You must fight for your rights.
If you don't fight you are a coward
And when answer come back.

I walk in peace without enemies.
That person will be ridiculed for being a fool?

Do some people travel more or less around the world to find conflicts they can "solve" with weapons? How can that be a right way?
Why not speak of peace within each person they meet?
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

:D

There's always conflicts in life, and people opposing you. That's just how it is.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me."

There's always conflicts in life, and people opposing you. That's just how it is.
Yes, people will disagree, that does not mean one has to fight them :)

Clara Tea

The Trolley Problem?
You know were that ends.
I would imagine that one would get the murder rap no matter which one they decided to die (Trolley Problem).

I suppose it becomes more interesting if it was a 5 to 5 problem (equal number of people), but traits were different....fat, Jewish, Black, etc. Interesting because it would test racism and bias. Certainly age would be an issue. In many real cases of life or death, the young are saved because the old don't have long to live anyway. By the same token, adults have more memories and more people depending upon them than infants. So, do we save a pregnant mother or save her baby if one or the other has to die? (That really does happen from time to time). Doctors have to pre-think these scenarios so that their actions are instantaneous. Even they are stumped by certain factors.

All of this is like playing God....deciding life or death.

Inaction, in itself, is an action.

One could also argue about culpability of gang violence. Surely a victim would have a chance to survive against just one gang member, but when surrounded by a hoard of gang members, each one is responsible for containing the victim, and, even though only one pulled a trigger or plunged a knife, all are guilty of murder. Courts are reluctant to dish out death sentences in these cases because the law requires certainty beyond a shadow of a doubt. So, with more than one guilty person, they can each point the finger at others and evade capital punishment for themselves.

This was obviously the reasoning behind the Oklahoma Murrah Federal Building bombing in which the FBI intentionally withheld evidence in order to convict Timothy McVeigh. Of course, we all remember that McVeigh sued because the information was withheld, and he won his case (only to be given the death penalty later). But, the FBI intentionally suppressed information about John Doe 2 (the man in the white hat with the purple flame pattern, observed by no less than 25 witnesses). The FBI had falsely claimed that McVeigh did not have help from John Doe 2, and it was a shared hallucination of all 25 people who claim that they saw him. The FBI also silenced Terry Nichols who insisted that there was another accomplice, John Doe 2. The idea was that they had to get a death penalty conviction of Timothy McVeigh, and that would not occur if Tim could blame Doe and Doe could blame Tim (each has plausible deniability, unless the FBI cheated and lied under oath at McVeigh's trial, which, of course, they did).

Clara Tea

And, yet, the meek shall inherit the earth (or what's left of it).

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
This might sound strange, but what is it with peace and peace loving people that seem to scare other people?

Do some people travel more or less around the world to find conflicts they can "solve" with weapons? How can that be a right way?

Some people feel powerful when they have a weapon. They possibly think that people are naturally bad, so they want to make sure to be on the "winning" end of any conflict.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It has everything to do with Satan. Satan rules humans through Gog who he is his personal Qareen and is the chief of the sorcerers of Satanic sorcery, while Magog are Gog's elite followers and sorcerers too.

They are the ones who killed Imam Hussain (a) and they have taken over US and Europe.

Explain please.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Explain please.

Illuminati declared they are no longer a group and disbanded. Did they or did they go incognito?

Even if they did, are there secret societies never the less?

Gog and Magog have two phases. Either they in the open like in the time of Moses or they hidden and work in hidden ways.

In both phases, they cause mischief in the land and plan against the true king of God on earth and are the arch enemies of God and his Messengers.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It's strange that a Islam touting 'peace' to people has in its own rights, so many sanctioned killings in its own narrative.

Koldo

Outstanding Member

Statements like.
You must fight for your rights.
If you don't fight you are a coward
And when answer come back.

I walk in peace without enemies.
That person will be ridiculed for being a fool?

I think you are misrepresenting the issue. No one is scared of peace per se.

There are people whose ultimate goal is peace, but not everyone is like that. Others might have justice, human rights, well-being, etc. as their ultimate goal.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think you are misrepresenting the issue. No one is scared of peace per se.

There are people whose ultimate goal is peace, but not everyone is like that. Others might have justice, human rights, well-being, etc. as their ultimate goal.
That might be true yes :) scared was maybe a to hard word.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
It's strange that a Islam touting 'peace' to people has in its own rights, so many sanctioned killings in its own narrative.

Sadly, the Abrahamic religions, except for Baha'i, have had a bad history. When you think your god is the only one, it's hard to co-exist.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Illuminati declared they are no longer a group and disbanded. Did they or did they go incognito?

Even if they did, are there secret societies never the less?

Gog and Magog have two phases. Either they in the open like in the time of Moses or they hidden and work in hidden ways.

In both phases, they cause mischief in the land and plan against the true king of God on earth and are the arch enemies of God and his Messengers.

Thanks!

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member

You welcome. The world is a nightmare, and really only God can remove his warnings and events that he promised. I wish the final warnings and most severest promises in Quran don't come about and that the oppressors reform and change their ways this time. No one is purely evil - but they associate with God and seek guidance from those without proof, and love others on par of God and don't seek his chosen ones as a result.

The wars and oppression believers face, is because Iblis and his magic trick his followers that we are evil, and they propagate against us, and so we face oppression to the maximum from his followers.

The Jinn also control us for the most part and their prophecies from soothsayers still even without them able to listen to God's plans, predict somewhat the future.

But at the end, they didn't witness the destruction of cities (except Iblis and some arch Angels like Gabriel and Michael) and so they may with their friends think they can overthrow the order of the heavens and earth, like Pharoah thought he was the champion of the "gods" and would be able to challenge Moses, "so that I may reach the God of Moses, and indeed I am opinion that he is a liar".

Iblis may even believe because of his arrogance, that, someday, he can gain enough power with help of his followers to overthrow the order of heavens and earth, but will be subdued on day of judgment "You cannot help me nor can I help you" and deep inside he never believed he should be worshipped but his deception to himself and others has taken over the world.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In this time Magog (God's followers) are somewhat in the open, but Gog (Iblis companion, Abu Lahab of the time) is hidden.

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
You welcome. The world is a nightmare, and really only God can remove his warnings and events that he promised. I wish the final warnings and most severest promises in Quran don't come about and that the oppressors reform and change their ways this time. No one is purely evil - but they associate with God and seek guidance from those without proof, and love others on par of God and don't seek his chosen ones as a result.

The wars and oppression believers face, is because Iblis and his magic trick his followers that we are evil, and they propagate against us, and so we face oppression to the maximum from his followers.

The Jinn also control us for the most part and their prophecies from soothsayers still even without them able to listen to God's plans, predict somewhat the future.

But at the end, they didn't witness the destruction of cities (except Iblis and some arch Angels like Gabriel and Michael) and so they may with their friends think they can overthrow the order of the heavens and earth, like Pharoah thought he was the champion of the "gods" and would be able to challenge Moses, "so that I may reach the God of Moses, and indeed I am opinion that he is a liar".

Iblis may even believe because of his arrogance, that, someday, he can gain enough power with help of his followers to overthrow the order of heavens and earth, but will be subdued on day of judgment "You cannot help me nor can I help you" and deep inside he never believed he should be worshipped but his deception to himself and others has taken over the world.

I get it but I would like to think that things will get better before they get worse. I hope so anyway.