• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do parents love when baby's poo??

exchemist

Veteran Member
I mean mate, who in the world loves when someone poo's? When it comes to their baby, parents tend to feel a special relief every time the baby poos. I cant remember the study I read this in but it was a long time ago.

A baby's poo speaks a lot. It not only smells, and looks disgusting, but also shows the health of the baby. So careful inspection (by that I dont mean poking with a spoon) will reveal a lot of things a parent needs to know about a baby's health issues. So is it that parents know this and that's why they feel what they feel or is it like a natural, instilled knowing. Instinct???

Where did that come from? What chemicals run through humans who know this, and feel this? Whats up with human beings?
I think you need to cite the report you are thinking of. It does not sound right to me. I suspect something is being taken out of context, or exaggerated.

But it is true that the colour and consistency of faeces can tell someone a fair amount about the digestive health of a person. So for a baby, who can't communicate in words, the parents will focus on whatever signals they can to assess how the baby is doing. Also, having a child - or even caring for another adult - does make one get over the yuckiness of bodily functions to some extent. Any nurse will tell you that. But "love" it? Nah. Sounds like ballocks.

As @Kooky asks, why have you posted this in Religious Debates? What is the point of religious debate you want to explore here?

Fallen Prophet

I mean mate, who in the world loves when someone poo's? When it comes to their baby, parents tend to feel a special relief every time the baby poos. I cant remember the study I read this in but it was a long time ago.

A baby's poo speaks a lot. It not only smells, and looks disgusting, but also shows the health of the baby. So careful inspection (by that I dont mean poking with a spoon) will reveal a lot of things a parent needs to know about a baby's health issues. So is it that parents know this and that's why they feel what they feel or is it like a natural, instilled knowing. Instinct???

Where did that come from? What chemicals run through humans who know this, and feel this? Whats up with human beings?
God

firedragon

Veteran Member
I think you need to cite the report you are thinking of. It does not sound right to me. I suspect something is being taken out of context, or exaggerated.

You are right. I should cite the report. Will try, since there is no authenticity without giving reference to it. I can just say with confidence that "no", it is not exaggerated, but not verbatim. ;)

But it is true that the colour and consistency of faeces can tell someone a fair amount about the digestive health of a person. So for a baby, who can't communicate in words, the parents will focus on whatever signals they can to assess how the baby is doing. Also, having a child - or even caring for another adult - does make one get over the yuckiness of bodily functions to some extent. Any nurse will tell you that. But "love" it? Nah. Sounds like ballocks.

I think you misunderstood the post. Or maybe my articulation is not good enough. When I say love, I dont mean the poo. I mean the occurrence.

As @Kooky asks, why have you posted this in Religious Debates? What is the point of religious debate you want to explore here?

Very good. Please do complain to the Admins.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Newborns can easily become constipated. Parents are relieved to know their child is not.

I have very recent experience with this (like in the last week).

exchemist

Veteran Member
You are right. I should cite the report. Will try, since there is no authenticity without giving reference to it. I can just say with confidence that "no", it is not exaggerated, but not verbatim. ;)

I think you misunderstood the post. Or maybe my articulation is not good enough. When I say love, I dont mean the poo. I mean the occurrence.

Very good. Please do complain to the Admins.
So you have no religious point to discuss? I see.