• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do men rape?

Earthling

David Henson
I think its the power, dominance and the thrill of breaking a taboo they get when they rape someone. Acts like these are very base and animalistic, and unlikely to go away. Similar to arsonists.

If rape is more about power than sex, and I think it is, think of all the other ways it is employed in "civilized" societies.

"Poets, priests and politicians
Have words to thank for their positions
Words that scream for your submission
And no one's jamming their transmission
'Cos when their eloquence escapes you
Their logic ties you up and rapes you" - The Police

Last edited:

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I mean...I am really incapable of understanding why some men would do such a thing..not only because it's a horrible act...but also because of its pointlessness.
Especially in the 21st centuries, where promiscuity killed romance.

From a psychological standpoint...is there a reason why some men decide to do it?

To exert their will/power/dominance over another human/animal/corpse. It's also used to humiliate someone. That's why heterosexual men will rape other men, you see. It has little to do with sexual orientation and more about the exertion of power and the thrill it brings.

Women rape as well, mind you. I just read somewhere (Vice I think) that a woman is more likely to be raped by another woman on college campuses than by a man these days.

Last edited by a moderator: