• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses falsify the Bible?

Of course not all so-called religions have God behind them. Only the true religions were revealed by God. Any other so-called religions are false.

It does not matter what Muslims believe, it only matters what Muhammad revealed in the Qur'an. It was a mistake Muslims made in interpreting the Qur'an that led them to believe that Jesus was not crucified.

By 'get to God' I meant that people could know God before Jesus came to earth. People could also go to heaven before Jesus came to earth. There were other Messengers of God such as Moses before Jesus appeared and people got to God and went to heaven if they followed those Messengers.
Sorry, have to disagree with you, if there is a god then I believe it is Yahweh and the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.
You think differently and that is what 'free will' is all about but one of us is wrong.
Perhaps you ought to do some research on impartial websites about Muhammad I did and he is not someone I would want to 'follow'.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I have to disagree with you on this one. From my experience with my nephew, who was raised as a JW and then became a Mormon for a time (poor kid) the Mormons were pretty odd. As an example, my nephew was living with a Mormon foster family when his grandfather died. They actively tried to prevent him from attending his grandfather's memorial service because his grandfather was not of the "right religion."

They also tried to prevent him from visiting us even though we lived only a short distance away because we were not Mormons.

Granted, when my nephew decided to leave the Mormons, they did not shun him, but that's about the best I can say for them.

Also, a number of years ago when I was posting on a JW forum, several ex-Mormons came over to the forum, and we all began comparing notes, as it were. There were more similarities between the two groups than there were differences.
About all I can say is that your nephew's experience was VERY atypical.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sorry, have to disagree with you, if there is a god then I believe it is Yahweh and the only way to salvation is through Jesus Christ.
You think differently and that is what 'free will' is all about but one of us is wrong.
Perhaps you ought to do some research on impartial websites about Muhammad I did and he is not someone I would want to 'follow'.
One of us has to be wrong, because we both cannot be right.

Jesus was "the only way" to the Father during His Dispensation, but His Dispensation has ended......
The Dispensation of Muhammad has also ended....
We are now living in the Dispensation of Baha'u'llah, who was the Return of Christ and the Messiah.

Salvation is now conferred by Baha'u'llah.

“Blessed is the man that hath acknowledged his belief in God and in His signs, and recognized that “He shall not be asked of His doings.” Such a recognition hath been made by God the ornament of every belief, and its very foundation. Upon it must depend the acceptance of every goodly deed………. Such is the teaching which God bestoweth on you, a teaching that will deliver you from all manner of doubt and perplexity, and enable you to attain unto salvation in both this world and in the next. He, verily, is the Ever-Forgiving, the Most Bountiful.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, pp. 86-87

Everlasting life is now conferred by Baha'u'llah.

“The Book of God is wide open, and His Word is summoning mankind unto Him. No more than a mere handful, however, hath been found willing to cleave to His Cause, or to become the instruments for its promotion. These few have been endued with the Divine Elixir that can, alone, transmute into purest gold the dross of the world, and have been empowered to administer the infallible remedy for all the ills that afflict the children of men. No man can obtain everlasting life, unless he embraceth the truth of this inestimable, this wondrous, and sublime Revelation.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 183

RedhorseWoman

About all I can say is that your nephew's experience was VERY atypical.

Perhaps, but what happened to him certainly has colored my opinion of Mormons...and that opinion is not very good. Oh, I almost forgot about one other thing that happened while he lived with this Mormon family. My father had given my nephew a deck of playing cards, which my nephew cherished simply because they had belonged to his grandfather.

One day while he was at school, the mother found that deck of cards in my nephew's room and, because she deemed these playing cards to be "sinful" and "of the Devil," she threw them out and then lambasted my nephew for bringing such "evil" things into her home.

Sounds pretty cultlike to me. And this family wasn't what you would consider to be "fringe" members of the local Mormon church. They were very well respected in the church. Is this type of action typical?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Perhaps, but what happened to him certainly has colored my opinion of Mormons...and that opinion is not very good. Oh, I almost forgot about one other thing that happened while he lived with this Mormon family. My father had given my nephew a deck of playing cards, which my nephew cherished simply because they had belonged to his grandfather.

One day while he was at school, the mother found that deck of cards in my nephew's room and, because she deemed these playing cards to be "sinful" and "of the Devil," she threw them out and then lambasted my nephew for bringing such "evil" things into her home.

Sounds pretty cultlike to me. And this family wasn't what you would consider to be "fringe" members of the local Mormon church. They were very well respected in the church. Is this type of action typical?
In all honesty, it's not at all typical. It's quite the opposite. It sounds as if this family was really pretty fanatical, even if they were well-respected by the members of their congregation. I've been a Mormon all my life, and even among the most conservative Mormons I've known, this takes the cake. We knew a family when I was raising my kids who wouldn't let their kids play Nintendo; they somehow thought it would corrupt their minds or something. My husband and I thought that was pretty weird. It's unfortunate that one bad experience can leave such a lasting negative impact on people. I'm genuinely sorry this happened to your nephew, but I can assure you that he could have lived with any one of thousands of other Mormon families and had an entirely different experience.