• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do I only see this in Islam?

I read the first post and sighed....SIGH.

Almost every religion I have come across, in particular the three major monotheistic faiths, preach the idea of peace and mercy more often than violence and retribution, yet it is only Muslims, as a people, and Islam, as a religious which gets branded with the actions of the few, even if those actions need to be corroborated.

In fact, if you look at Islamic history, it is filled with more instances of forgiveness, cultural and religious freedoms than any other social history across human existence. David Wosserstein went so far as to say that the Jewish faith would not exist today without Islam. Jonathan Freedland got into trouble with extremist Jews for stating that the holocaust would be unlikely if Muslims ruled Europe in the 1940s.

It is not so difficult to research history in the modern world with access to so much in such a short span of time. I would ask you to actually do that and not post nonsense.