• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do I keep going to xian churches then do nothing?

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I'm afraid I drop in much too late for the show, so I'll just stick to saying a few words about attempting to deconvert Christians at this point. One of the keys to doubt is questions. Questions, questions, questions. However, to be able to make these meanful you have to get the people you talk to trust you. Otherwise they'll just shut down to you and never really consider what you ask/tell them. In my experience however it's never going to work if you're angry about their beliefs, hate them or harbor any negative feelings towards their faith. It will almost certainly show, and you'll just end up in an argument with them.

Read some books on the subject, like Karen Armstrong's A History of God. When you know the history of their faith better than they do, you can apply that knowledge to point out things they'd never have thought about on themselves. Most likely they won't have answers to your questions, and that could make them doubt. It's worked for me very well, although I haven't come across any fundamentalists for some time now. I don't see any point in wasting my time on them.

On the subject overall. I think your biggest strenght is to remain calm. It takes a really long time to get to that point, I know that myself, but when you get there, you can do whatever you want and remain untouched by anything that tries to cross you. The Darkness is with you and lets you control whatever touches you, but it can just as well break loose inside you and hurt you, if you aren't able to be at ease with your life.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Sorry I missed all the fun, but I'm going to chime in here. First off you obviously find LaVeyan philosophy to your liking. "When in another man's lair, show respect or do not go there." Good rule to live by. If you are in church and people start something, do what you want. However, to go there with intent of causing a stir is highly disrespectful. The LHP is not about disrespect. Rejection, adversarial though, evolution... Yes. But not disrespect.

As for not telling everyone you're a satanist: I agree. It is your business, not theirs. If you just throw such information out there, where is the power to it? Occult means hidden, amd Satanism is an occult path. You say you're theistic but come off highly LaVeyan... Young LaVeyan. Make your bond with Satan, honor him, be empowered by him. But your path, Will, and Self are nobody's business unless they ask.

Premium Member
It will get me to a point to where I get so mad at all the people who stabbed me in the back and hurt me so bad with all the terrible and life-altering betrayals and wrongs...

...that i'll start placing curses on them, one by one.

I'll start hexing them all until finally the forces of darkness have caused a terrible accident for all of them. Destruction magic, yay!

Off the top of my head I can think of 3 or 4 people that would great targets for that.

But I know, I need to get off this kind of thinking. If I get carried away with it all I might one day decide to hex someone that I might later regret placing a curse on.

in other news

I will now be attending the Church a bit' over a mile from my house on a regular basis. I know two familes there that I knew up in the fundy church in my old town. They left because the new pastor has no 'depth' and preaches very simply.

This church I am going to is Baptist. Anyway, I knew both familes for 3-4 years. One of the kids of one of those families knows im a satanist because hes on my facebook. He said he wont tell, which will make this easier.

What I am going to do is go there for social interaction and making friends. Now, when I find exactly who I was supposed to erode the faith of (I kinda' felt like that at one point Satan offered to give me something dear that I have been trying to find if I would do one of two things, this being one of the options), if it wasn't just the Church in general.

I need to be sneaky about it though, only being vague when the time comes to strike for when I need to sow the seeds of doubt. I'll probably find some persons that believe the view "either all the Bible is correct or none of it is", and then when the time is right and they ask I will try to disprove creationism to them.

Even if they do not deconvert to w/e, then they may become liberal Christians and all-together less ignorant people. It's a win-win either way (for me).

And in case anyone is wondering why I would do such a thing, it's my job as a Satanist. Ha-Satan translates into "The Accuser", and so I must accuse. I must test Christians and try to lead them away when possible. This is my duty, for it is what Satan wants me to do; to lead people away from their indoctrinated systems so that they can decide for themselves on an intellectual level what they believe, Christianity or not.

I hope I do not regret letting all my thoughts flow out of my head onto this keyboard.

Also, you do realize LHP tend to be personal life paths, not social hobbies. I mean if your Will dictates infiltration and preaching who am I to speak against it? I just fail to see the meaning of worrying about the spiritual state of brainwashed sheep. For me it is about my personal betterment. But if thy Will is to do it...

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I think more about his methods and motives then what bhe wants that seem to be a key issue.

jasonwill2

I'm afraid I drop in much too late for the show, so I'll just stick to saying a few words about attempting to deconvert Christians at this point. One of the keys to doubt is questions. Questions, questions, questions. However, to be able to make these meanful you have to get the people you talk to trust you. Otherwise they'll just shut down to you and never really consider what you ask/tell them. In my experience however it's never going to work if you're angry about their beliefs, hate them or harbor any negative feelings towards their faith. It will almost certainly show, and you'll just end up in an argument with them.

Read some books on the subject, like Karen Armstrong's A History of God. When you know the history of their faith better than they do, you can apply that knowledge to point out things they'd never have thought about on themselves. Most likely they won't have answers to your questions, and that could make them doubt. It's worked for me very well, although I haven't come across any fundamentalists for some time now. I don't see any point in wasting my time on them.

On the subject overall. I think your biggest strenght is to remain calm. It takes a really long time to get to that point, I know that myself, but when you get there, you can do whatever you want and remain untouched by anything that tries to cross you. The Darkness is with you and lets you control whatever touches you, but it can just as well break loose inside you and hurt you, if you aren't able to be at ease with your life.

Well so far so good on calm at the one Baptist Church I will now be attending regularly.

Sorry I missed all the fun, but I'm going to chime in here. First off you obviously find LaVeyan philosophy to your liking. "When in another man's lair, show respect or do not go there." Good rule to live by. If you are in church and people start something, do what you want. However, to go there with intent of causing a stir is highly disrespectful. The LHP is not about disrespect. Rejection, adversarial though, evolution... Yes. But not disrespect.

As for not telling everyone you're a satanist: I agree. It is your business, not theirs. If you just throw such information out there, where is the power to it? Occult means hidden, amd Satanism is an occult path. You say you're theistic but come off highly LaVeyan... Young LaVeyan. Make your bond with Satan, honor him, be empowered by him. But your path, Will, and Self are nobody's business unless they ask.

HAHAHA! I actually am somewhat LaVeyan, I take a lot from his Satanic Bible. I agree with him on many points as far as lifestyle, but not with the Church's (or at least Gilmore's) stances on economic, political, and social policy.

Though LaVeyan lifestyle (indulgence not abstinence) is not the end for me, but the means to the end. The best way to put it is this excpert from my personal grimoire (specifically one of the chapters of "Unholy Psalms"):

"The Christians invented a lie,
but from it Satanists made a battle cry.

I did more then build upon LaVey's carnality,
I created balanced spiritualities."

keep in mind I retain all rights to those four lines, so if you steal them [as in take credit for it] I will not hesitate to sue you.

Also, as far as inflitration, that is already underway at a Church not too far from my house. However that is not my only or sole reason for going there. A couple of old friends from my fundy days (plus the tiime around 16 when I tried to get back with god) go there now, and have been for a year. I also I want to meet some people just for the social aspect. I only plan to, when the time is right, strike at a few people here and there. Most notably I know the weakness of the youth pastor now from last Sunday night. He said something like "I don't know how it works I just know god did it" when I was showing one of my old friends a picture of the size of the earth compared to a solar flare coming off the sun.

Also, so far I have not been disrespectful in that Church in anyway. The Methodist Church... that may of been different, but I'm not going there ever again anyway.

I think more about his methods and motives then what bhe wants that seem to be a key issue.

That was mostly what I thought too.

@ everyone saying occult = hidden

I hate this idea that an 'occult path' must be hidden. Why hide truth and empowerment? Would it not benefit all of mankind if more and more people followed their own nature in controlled and healthy ways then it would to be limited by the Right Hand Path? I am not an "occultist", I am a adherent to a school of thought. The problem with occult = hidden is exactly why we face the problems of persecution that we do today. It is why people think we are killers, sacrifice animals, ect. I admit after I have thought over it is not a smart idea to keep quite about my beliefs, but only because it is in my best interests.

To put it simply, I am only going to keep my mouth shut about being a Satanist for the same reason a gay man keeps his mouth shut about being gay: persecution and getting through life easier.

A number of "occultists" do not like to be called part of the "occult" because it indicates some secrecy on their part. I am one of those people. The reason I do not think we should be secret is thus:

The ancient pagan religions were "occult" by today's standards, yet they were not secret in the least. They were wide spread, everyone knew of them. These "occult" type of beliefs are the more natural beliefs of man. They existed before Christianity. The only reason our "occult" beliefs became 'hidden/secret' was for our own survival. In other words, the only reason that we became, or should remain 'secret' is to avoid the persecution of the monotheistic Right Hand Path religions.

Or I guess the best way to put it is a closeted gay analogy. Should gay culture remain secret? Rationally, not really. They only were "underground" just as we are "underground" today due to discrimination. Let's not get prideful on being all so secret and all. It makes no sense. That is an easy way to lose, destroy, and severely alter our teachings without protecting the original beliefs. It paves a way for it to easily be re-written by those wanting to profit off of us. I think that we should work towards a social-political goal of breaking down barriers so that our children and children's children of the left hand path do not have to carry this 'secret' with them.

Satanists are born, not made. Just like a homosexual. And like a homosexual, it's hard for me to hide what I am. And like a homosexual, I must remian closeted to avoid discrimination. But just because it is that way today, does not mean it has to be that way tomorrow. Does anyone get what I am saying?

Also... I'm not gay lol.

Last edited:

Infinitum

Possessed Bookworm
I somewhat disagree with the occult having been completely open at some point in history. Witch doctors, shamans, sorcerers and the like have always had secrets from the public that have been transmitted only to a handful of chosen ones. Part of it has been in order to control their tribe/community/whatever, but I belive it's also been partly for their [the society's] own protecton.

I used to be very open about my occult practices. However, the deeper I went into the Dark Arts, the more of a problem it became socially. Oh yes, some simply condemned it and some grew ever more afraid of me, but some tried to follow and ended up hurting themselves pretty badly. There's a lot of talk of the danger of various forms of magic and assuming anyone can or even wants to practice it is IMO counterproductive. Nowadays I still can talk to people about the occult if they want to, but I prefer to keep the "deeper" stuff to myself. Seems it's better for everyone that way, but it sure gets more lonely sometimes.

And now I have to remark that occultism and religion are different when it comes to this. I agree what all of us should be able to openly believe whatever we believe, but part of what we practice is probably best to keep to those who are capable of actually understanding it.

Premium Member
Jason it's not that it's secret as much as it is nobody's business.

Iti oj

Premium Member
Jason do as you will. But remember how your attitude and mindset can effect people and situations

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
If it's in a small town, no, you'll lose a lot of neighbors as friends and you will be frowned upon.

ScottySatan

That's a unique interpretation of the text, I've never heard that one. How do you account for all the disrespectful stuff LaVey and friends said elsewhere?

Premium Member
That's a unique interpretation of the text, I've never heard that one. How do you account for all the disrespectful stuff LaVey and friends said elsewhere?

I am not interpreting anything, those are either LaVey's exact words or a relatively close paraphrase. As for him being a hypocrite, he was also a manipulator, plagiarist, and blatant liar. Yes, some of his philosophy is good, but really you should credit Rand, Nietzsche, Crowley, and the others he stole his ideas from. The whole working for the police and playing the organ in San Francisco is cool, but it is completely fabricated. LaVey was a fraud, he even lied about history and facts such as the Templars worshiped Baphomet as Satan and the Al-Jilwah (spelling?) is a Satanic texts and the Yezidi are devil worshipers.

ScottySatan

The LHP is not about disrespect. Rejection, adversarial though, evolution... Yes. But not disrespect.
quote]

I meant this ^. This is your own interpretation. LaVeyans didn't write this ^. But they did write stuff that approaches the opposite.

As for him being a hypocrite, he was also a manipulator, plagiarist, and blatant liar. Yes, some of his philosophy is good, but really you should credit Rand, Nietzsche, Crowley, and the others he stole his ideas from. The whole working for the police and playing the organ in San Francisco is cool, but it is completely fabricated. LaVey was a fraud, he even lied about history and facts such as the Templars worshiped Baphomet as Satan and the Al-Jilwah (spelling?) is a Satanic texts and the Yezidi are devil worshipers.

This is unimportant. I think you're referring (knowingly or not) to a famous alternative biography of LaVey that's as sensational as his "official" biography. It doesn't matter if it's true or not, because this isn't hero worship. Any truth to that story is just consistent with his own description of how lesser magic is done.

jasonwill2

I am not interpreting anything, those are either LaVey's exact words or a relatively close paraphrase. As for him being a hypocrite, he was also a manipulator, plagiarist, and blatant liar. Yes, some of his philosophy is good, but really you should credit Rand, Nietzsche, Crowley, and the others he stole his ideas from. The whole working for the police and playing the organ in San Francisco is cool, but it is completely fabricated. LaVey was a fraud, he even lied about history and facts such as the Templars worshiped Baphomet as Satan and the Al-Jilwah (spelling?) is a Satanic texts and the Yezidi are devil worshipers.

He never said they worshiped the Yezidi, at least in the Satanic Bible. He said that they obeyed Satan because they thought they should fear him and that God would forgive them anyway.

Also he did have a bibliography until the one edition came around int eh 70's. I do not know why it was removed though. Also Gilmore does credit them with being the strong basis of LaVeyanism.

There's no need, LaVey already did give credit to them, thus he didn't steal them, just added on to them and stressed them even further

Exactly!

jasonwill2

If it's in a small town, no, you'll lose a lot of neighbors as friends and you will be frowned upon.

I live right outside town a couple of miles. "Town" is actually two small cities that for all intents and purposes are one town since they pretty much run into each other. Together, the total population of the two towns is 43,848 according to the 2010 census if I am correct. The town that I can get to easier is 10,000 people, with the other being 30,000 or so.

SO, it's not a "small town" exactly. 40,000 people is easy to get lost in. Besides, I know no one at the Meothodist Church I went to. As for the Baptist Church I am attending, the only people I know there live 10 miles away in a a town where I kinda already do not have a good rep for some misunderstanding back in Highschool. There it would just be seen as another rumor of that crazy kid.

Besides, if I keep up the lie and join the Bapist church, i can fight rumors when my boss asks questions. also its a good way to meet people and develop social skills

Demon:)

I have Christian and Mormon friends and I go to the churches with them and I'm sitting ther like "uggghhh get meeeeee ouutt" most people don't know that I'm a Satanist bc I've tried to explain it to people but they get scared. Oh well. I don't care what everyone thinks because it's my life.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
229620-20forum20late20necromancy20post20thread.jpg~original

Iti oj

Premium Member
I have Christian and Mormon friends and I go to the churches with them and I'm sitting ther like "uggghhh get meeeeee ouutt" most people don't know that I'm a Satanist bc I've tried to explain it to people but they get scared. Oh well. I don't care what everyone thinks because it's my life.
welcome to rf