• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why do i feel as if i believe in all religions?

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
If im not labled...where should i go to find people like me to discuss??

There is a wide variety of folks with diverse beliefs all over the forum. Just stay out of the blue DIR's (except to ask respectful questions) and you should be fine.

True... the green DIRs are much more liberal in posting rules. The basics are that if you have something meaningful and respectful to contribute, not only ask, it's OK to participate. The green DIRs seem to be the less traditional religions, and more open to various mixing. Seekers DIR is a perfect example.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
I am interested in all religions also, but that certainly doesn't mean I have to cling to any of them and make camp there, the truth is forever flowing, you cannot pack it into a package and believe you have it, when you believe you have it will always slip away.

Some people, like us, who have had varied backgrounds, been interested in philosophy and religion, or are somewhat pliable are more likely to cherry-pick and meld beliefs because we tend to believe in the concept of prisca theologia. We're not locked into one belief system. See post # 2 for my take on it. It's pretty much my credo. http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3555798-post2.html

Dingbat

Some people, like us, who have had varied backgrounds, been interested in philosophy and religion, or are somewhat pliable are more likely to cherry-pick and meld beliefs because we tend to believe in the concept of prisca theologia. We're not locked into one belief system. See post # 2 for my take on it. It's pretty much my credo. http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/3555798-post2.html

Very much fits me as well. It has spurred interest in Neoplatonism and Hermeticism as well.

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Very much fits me as well. It has spurred interest in Neoplatonism and Hermeticism as well.

Ah yes... Hermeticism, an outgrowth of my oft-mentioned prisca theologia. "As above, so below". ;)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Scientists say humans are hardwired to believe in God, so maybe these are related.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
To be fair, there are a lot of pretty universal religious longings and goals.

But I just don't see how one can reasonably believe in "all" religions, even leaving aside that deciding what should be considered a "proper" religion can be a very arbitrary pursuit.

sarek

All religions, or none? Or maybe both answers are true?

There has been much talk of contradictions in this thread. I feel that a contradiction is nothing more than a clue that there is something we have not figured out yet.

During my secular/spiritual days when i was a creature of logic first and foremost I subscribed to Hegelian dialectic:

every thesis has an antithesis which contradiction can be solved by a synthesis(which in itself may become a new thesis)

Not too long ago I began a spiritual search spurred on by Gurdjieff. Lo and behold:

Human logic can only see force and counterforce(dualism). But in actual reality there is a third reconciling force which we can not normally directly perceive. Gurdjieff goes on to say that this reconciling force in itself becomes the active force in a new equation.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There has been much talk of contradictions in this thread. I feel that a contradiction is nothing more than a clue that there is something we have not figured out yet.

Good point. And once we figure it out, it's no longer a contradiction. Unfortunately, I think most people would rather just ignore it that put in the effort to figure it out.