• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do humans believe so many things that are not true?

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
On the need to believe as a starting point of truth...

This, my confused friend, moreso speaks to the veracity of human nature than the validity of individual interpretations (which are always parts of a whole). It more reflects the need to believe in something as the motivation behind a life of truth, whether that be the belief in atheism or the knowledge of God. Only a life of truth leads one to God. As we are products of our conditioning and genetics, conditioning and genetics almost always leads one to truth, unless you're evil or atheist.
I have no idea what you are trying to communicate. The last two sentences seem more like deepities than "truth."

Ostronomos

I did not communicate very clearly. I apologize.

I meant to say that the need to believe CAN lead one to seek truth, and once found, belief becomes knowledge. Such as the knowledge of God for instance.