• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do homosexuals and transgenders force religious people to accept them?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I get responses because I'm the lone Evangelical perspective in a forum dominated by pagans. If it wasn't for me the entire thread would just be pagans telling each other how smart they are

Still missed my actual quote, here: The Christian God, is not a "provider". He is a cruel, mean, and vindictive War-God, from Israelite Polytheism. Moses made a covenant with his War-God (Yahweh), that his "people" would only serve Him, as long as he freed them from Egypt. And thus the Beginnings of the Abrahamic faiths were started. Now, if this is not the same "god" then please let me know, and I will discount the OT.

And Yes, I was Christian at one point in time, and it did nothing but cause me pain, and anguish, no matter how hard and how often I "prayed" to be normal.

And I would like to add that I went to Sunday school, I read the bible, and studied the scriptures as much and as often as I could, while practicing.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I get responses because I'm the lone Evangelical perspective in a forum dominated by pagans. If it wasn't for me the entire thread would just be pagans telling each other how smart they are

Sorry, buddy. I think I count one, maybe two pagans in this thread. And on the forum they make up a very small minority.

You are not the only evangelical here either. Most people recognise when their beliefs no longer serve them, but I guess you're one of the special ones who'd rather die than admit the need for change, huh?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I'm not being very charming right now which isn't uncommon when people are confronted by belief systems they find offensive...and the feelings mutual I'm sure

You're language in how you regard and view my religious and sexual views do not offend me. Your PUA attitude that you can get any and all women, as long as you "pry" a little harder, and pul them along a little longer, is all I find combative.

The rest of what you say is mere Christian drivel, most of which get's repeated quite a lot around here to know avail. No, one ever change anthers mind in an argument. *shrug*

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
You're language in how you regard and view my religious and sexual views do not offend me. Your PUA attitude that you can get any and all women, as long as you "pry" a little harder, and pul them along a little longer, is all I find combative.

The rest of what you say is mere Christian drivel, most of which get's repeated quite a lot around here to know avail. No, one ever change anthers mind in an argument. *shrug*

That's putting words in my mouth. I said I was skilled at the art of seduction. I gave away my secret as well. That's what draws a good number women to me. Does it draw everybody? Of course not, but I also don't tend to push hard if a woman isn't responding to me. My technique is akin to throwing a fishing net in the ocean. What comes back comes back. I don't think I can get any and all women if I pry harder. That's just not how the nature of attraction works.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
That's putting words in my mouth. I said I was skilled at the art of seduction. I gave away my secret as well. That's what draws a good number women to me. Does it draw everybody? Of course not, but I also don't tend to push hard if a woman isn't responding to me. My technique is akin to throwing a fishing net in the ocean. What comes back comes back. I don't think I can get any and all women if I pry harder. That's just not how the nature of attraction works.

Like I said, your language shows/expresses otherwise. You have the same attitude that all privileged men hold. Women are secret desirable objects and not partners and lovers. And you are still missing my post, that I have now reposted twice for you.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
And Yes, I was Christian at one point in time, and it did nothing but cause me pain, and anguish, no matter how hard and how often I "prayed" to be normal.

And I would like to add that I went to Sunday school, I read the bible, and studied the scriptures as much and as often as I could, while practicing.
That's what, at least three of us on this thread alone that prayed to god, but god done nothing.
My church acknowledged me as a "super" Christian, they put me high up on a pedestal of what an ideal teenaged Christian should be like, they lined me up to take over as youth pastor after I graduated high school and the then youth pastor moved, they even got a plague with my name on it to acknowledge the level of dedication I had towards my faith and for all the hours of volunteer work I did around the church and for the church. And god couldn't even make it so that I didn't wake up all depressed because I had a dream where I was a woman, feeling very happy, and then waking up to find out it was all just a dream. Out of all the stuff I did for god, and he couldn't even give me that one simple thing.

You are the one who told Draka "do not be so arrogant as to think you could not fall under my spell," as well you stated that women are "naturally drawn" to you. Both of those statements show an incredible amount of arrogance, especially for someone who is adamant about pride being bad. Your words and attitudes have been changing throughout this thread as you get called out for one thing after another.

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Still missed my actual quote, here: The Christian God, is not a "provider". He is a cruel, mean, and vindictive War-God, from Israelite Polytheism. Moses made a covenant with his War-God (Yahweh), that his "people" would only serve Him, as long as he freed them from Egypt. And thus the Beginnings of the Abrahamic faiths were started. Now, if this is not the same "god" then please let me know, and I will discount the OT.

The start of the covenant was with Abraham in Genesis 17 not during the captivity in Egypt. This alone makes me wonder about your knowledge the OT. He's a God that always took care of Israel despite their unfaithfulness. That's the dominating storyline of the OT. You can't point to a time where he forsook his people and that includes disciplining them

-Peacemaker-

.45 Cal
Like I said, your language shows/expresses otherwise. You have the same attitude that all privileged men hold. Women are secret desirable objects and not partners and lovers. And you are still missing my post, that I have now reposted twice for you.

Why can't they be all these things?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
[QUOTE"Shadow Wolf, post: 4083225, member: 2558"]That's what, at least three of us on this thread alone that prayed to god, but god done nothing.[/QUOTE]

Does that include me?

I came to some realisations about Christianity about the same time I realised I was gay. I desperately wanted to be normal. I tried prayer.

Guess what?

Tom

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
The start of the covenant was with Abraham in Genesis 17 not during the captivity in Egypt. This alone makes me wonder about your knowledge the OT. He's a God that always took care of Israel despite their unfaithfulness. That's the dominating storyline of the OT. You can't point to a time where he forsook his people and that includes disciplining them

I'm going off of historicity. The God of the OT (which was written many years after the covenant of Moses), is still about the same War-God (YHWH), that Moses made a pact with to follow the 10 commandments (the basis of Christianity), in order to free his peoples. The earlier stuff in the OT was added later, and puled form other multiple sources, as with most of what is in the Bible. It is a mish-mash of many beliefs views and cultures, because it is a 3000 year old book, written by several thousand different "authors".

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I will say this much, this thread exhibits the failure of the Church to minister to people with same sex attraction

Yes, maybe if I was ministered just a little bit harder. Prayed for a little while longer, I would be able to change my heathen ways.

My prayer wasn't strong enough, so maybe I need your prayer too, since you seem to be the most "devout" and "proper" Christian here.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I will say this much, this thread exhibits the failure of the Church to minister to people with same sex attraction
This is again making extreme assumptions. It seems to suggest nothing of the failures of the Church to minister, but the failures of prayer to make us "normal."

serp777

It's sad when ideas like sexual purity and chastity are simply cast off as "bronze age" ideas. Interestingly the shift toward sexual expression without restraint that we're experiencing actually represents a regression to the pagan ideas that predate Christian and Jewish times
Well you can pursue whatever you'd like but how does this justify denouncing homosexuals? Furthermore not all homosexuals are especially promiscuous and are quite reserved

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
At least 4 now. This thread is 33 pages, so I may have missed even more.
But anyways, the results of "pray the gay away" aren't looking too promising.

Well, maybe God sent us JMCC and Pope Francis.

But it was the APA that saved my life. They made my health insurance company pay a therapist to tell me "Don't kill yourself, being gay isn't as bad as it seems. It is possible to have a good life, even though it won't be the one you learned to expect."

The APA saved me from years of Christian ministry.

Tom