• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do ghosts sometimes take on the form of floating visible orbs?

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
But not a DIR sub forum. :)

Hey, if that's all it takes to have an excuse to be rude towards others beliefs, that's on you.

Ridiculing Other Members in the Paranormal Forum and Others Like It

"Folks, we have noticed that at least a couple new members who participated in our Paranormal Activities forum, have left due to ridicule and mocking posts made towards them by people who do not share the same beliefs as the OP. This is of course, unacceptable and therefore we will be moderating this forum and others like it much more heavily from now on.

Just a reminder that this type of thing is not acceptable anywhere on RF: Discussion forums are not for contradictory views or opinions; They are for discussion and respectful questions from outsiders, only."

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
Why do ghosts sometimes take on the form of floating visible orbs?:):confused:
San Diego-based photographer Claire Johnson doesn’t believe orbs to be visitors from other realms, but does think orbs are more than just dust. “I love finding orbs in my photos — they’re caused by retro-reflection of light on dust particles or mist, but they give the pictures a ghostly-like feel to them,” she tells Bustle. And while she says other photographers often edit them out of photos, she prefers to leave them in. “I like the imperfection, the evidence that we’re surrounded by so much more than what we can see with our own eyes,” she says.

Los Angeles-based photographer Michael Isenberg tells Bustle that orbs are merely specks of dust in the air, caught by the light of a flash. “Besides that, dust pollen, bugs, rain, and snow can be culprits too,” Isenberg says. “Orbs happen when these particles are close enough to lens, so they appear out-of-focus,” hence their otherworldly glow. “Even grime on a smart phone lens can cause ghostly artifacts.”

I agree with these explanations, I don't believe there is anything paranormal going on.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Assuming ghosts are a legitimate phenomenon; I would imagine that as incorporeal entities the more complex their manifestation is the more energy they're required to draw, thus orbs would be among the simplest and easiest forms?

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Orbs have been disputed in the diverse world of paranormal investigation for a long time. Some paranormal investigators believe orbs are real and are an attempted manifestation of a spirit, while other paranormal investigators don't believe orbs are real and can be debunked as dust or a bug. As a paranormal investigator, I tend to lean more towards the sooner than the latter myself.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
**MOD POST**

RULE 10 REMINDER

The Paranormal Activities forum is in a non-debate section of the forum. The purpose of this forum is to discuss paranormal activities, not to refute their existence by way of debate.

Any posts that incite debate or are of a debating nature may be subject to moderation under Rule 10 of the RF Rules.