• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Christians Eat Pork?

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
it isn't what goes into a man that makes them unclean but what comes from the heart. so ma'at weighs the heart on the scale against her feather.

If the man is dead from bad meat there wont be much coming out of his mouth to base this on. Just saying.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
If the man is dead from bad meat there wont be much coming out of his mouth to base this on. Just saying.

evil doesn't have to come from one part of the body. its center is the heart. it's outlet can be other than just a mouth. if its auditory, it will come from the mouth. if its more than physical abuse it will come from something other than a verbal assault.

i realize islamic fundamentalists worry about such inane things but jesus didn't. otherwise he would have made a point of it. now he might have been a vegetarian; which would mean he didn't eat any animal based foods.

if siddhartha gautama died from it, it isn't a problem for buddhists either. people focus on things that don't have anything to do with what is really going on inside them. maybe to ignore the fact that what they're doing is really insignificant?

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
evil doesn't have to come from one part of the body. its center is the heart. it's outlet can be other than just a mouth. if its auditory, it will come from the mouth. if its more than physical abuse it will come from something greater than a verbal assault.

Gotcha!

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

stoning people isn't an act of love, of god. it goes against god. acts of violence are not allahu akbar. those who live in islamic houses should not cry peace and then throw stones.

And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.”

Last edited:

Neb

I am curious as to why Christians eat pork? It has been named unclean in numerous verses.
There are a lot of things Christians don't do because the bible says not to so why is this an exception?
If you are a Christian and dont eat pork I dont mean to offend or speak for an entire religion but where I live I pass BBQ pork places that have a cross in their logo so its not even thought about it. Off topic but didnt the Buddha die from some pork?
Regardless, wouldn't it just be better if we didn't eat it? I know how delicious bacon is but is it worth it?

View attachment 25116
Don't let the food that came from God become your master. "What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy"

AC 10:12 and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air.
AC 10:13 A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!”
AC 10:14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.”
AC 10:15 Again a voice came to him a second time, “ What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.”

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
stoning people isn't an act of love, of god. it goes against god. acts of violence are not allahu akbar. those who live in islamic houses should not cry peace and then throw stones.

And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.”

Wow this is off topic. No need to bash my religion. There are extremist and downfalls in every religion.

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
I don't think Islam has anything to do with God either.
It's just what the violent followers of a 7th century warlord found convenient to canonize as Scripture and then enforce as law.
Tom

You have the right to your opinion. :)

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
Don't let the food that came from God become your master. "What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy"

AC 10:12 and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air.
AC 10:13 A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!”
AC 10:14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.”
AC 10:15 Again a voice came to him a second time, “ What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.”

Thanks!

Many Christians eat pork because they like it. Personally I love sausages, pork chops, pork ribs, pork roast, ham, and baked pork legs, in a sauce made with red wine, with pearl onions, capers, olives and bell peppers. If you want the the fundamental/literalist approach I will give it to you. Literally, Jesus never said anything about dietary laws, he never said "thou shalt not eat pork" and there is no registry in the Xtian scripture that he did. Instead, there is a verse where he said "it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person”. Xtians do not follow kashrut because they are not Jewish and do not have to. Many Xtians work on Sunday, eat shellfish, mix the tissue in their garments and most of Xtian women are not put in quarantine when they have PMS or are menstruating, neither are they stoned to death for adultry.

Now i am gonna have pork chops for lunch !

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
...neither are they stoned to death for adultry.
I am not sure that happens in Judaism, either. The Torah requires interpretation, and so the law against murder seems to countervene this happening somehow. I recall an object lesson in Genesis about it, where Judah is about to stone Tamar and then finds out he has been in the wrong. This probably has to do with it, the fact that an error in judgment can be made leading to a false execution.

AdamRaja

Islamic Philosopher
Many Christians eat pork because they like it. Personally I love sausages, pork chops, pork ribs, pork roast, ham, and baked pork legs, in a sauce made with red wine, with pearl onions, capers, olives and bell peppers. If you want the the fundamental/literalist approach I will give it to you. Literally, Jesus never said anything about dietary laws, he never said "thou shalt not eat pork" and there is no registry in the Xtian scripture that he did. Instead, there is a verse where he said "it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person”. Xtians do not follow kashrut because they are not Jewish and do not have to. Many Xtians work on Sunday, eat shellfish, mix the tissue in their garments and most of Xtian women are not put in quarantine when they have PMS or are menstruating, neither are they stoned to death for adultry.

Now i am gonna have pork chops for lunch !

enjoy!

I am not sure that happens in Judaism, either. The Torah requires interpretation, and so the law against murder seems to countervene this happening somehow. I recall an object lesson in Genesis about it, where Judah is about to stone Tamar and then finds out he has been in the wrong. This probably has to do with it, the fact that an error in judgment can be made leading to a false execution.
It doesn't happen...anymore, in Jesus' time it did and was part of Jewish law., according to the gospels' narrative Jesus saved an adulterous woman from being stoned to death. That's why I wrote about the "fundamentalist/literalist" approach