• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians defend the horrendously brutal and genocidal God of the Old Testament?

You mean, "Why not let the Japanesse continue their processes like unto the rape of Nanking continue for years, the killing of babies, the torturing of innocent, the destruction of many innocent people?"

You see, if you were God, I would call you cruel, uncaring, unjust and all the other adjectives that have been used.

The problem with analogies like these is that they ignore that god is not limited in his powers and options when dealing with a situation. In the tower of babel story humans were doing something he didn't like so he separated them to put a stop to it, no killing required. Yet, throughout the rest of the bible he's killing innocents left, right and center.
Since the god of the bible can clearly resolve issues without killing but chooses to kill people anyway, he is evil. Simple logic, the only thing keeping people from understanding this is their WILLFULL IGNORANCE.

@1213

Of course, as long as you don't include the countless people who, when doctors have said they were dead, saw what was happening from above their body.

That nonsense has been debunked numerous times. A doctor once tested these out of body claims by arranging a message in floor tiles that could only be clearly seen if you were hovering on the ceiling looking down. Know how many people claiming out of body experiences saw and knew the message? None.

Nope he demands Netflix and chocolate milkshakes. I see your point making up stuff is great fun!

*yawn* I get the feeling you are a child who should be watching cartoons or doing his homework now instead of wasting an adults time on an internet forum. I could be wrong but I don't think so. I have yet to see you produce one rational and intelligent argument. Just a 12-13 year old that thinks its funny to troll people online. Not a big deal though. There is this feature on this forum where you can put people on an ignore list and not have to see anymore of their pointless posts.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
No, I'm going to criticize child killers. There is no justification for that, especially for a supposed all-powerful god that could have resolved the situation without killing the kids.

It would be better that the Old Testament God himself had a millstone around his neck and cast into the sea then hurt one of the little ones.

With things like this I'm really convinced that the Old Testament and New Testament really has nothing to do with each other. We're talkin two completely different God's here.

The Old Testament and New Testament contradict each other so badly you can't help but notice it.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
*yawn* I get the feeling you are a child who should be watching cartoons or doing his homework now instead of wasting an adults time on an internet forum. I could be wrong but I don't think so. I have yet to see you produce one rational and intelligent argument. Just a 12-13 year old that thinks its funny to troll people online. Not a big deal though. There is this feature on this forum where you can put people on an ignore list and not have to see anymore of their pointless posts.

Bye Felicia,

The same could be said for you. Opinion is not a valid citation or argument. ;)

Toodles

james dixon

Premium Member
All the land Israel took was in wars they didn't start. So, I feel sympathy for Israel and sorry for the Palestinians. It's a mess.

If telling yourself this helps you sleep at night then continue lying to yourself.

Having said that; by your silence you are condoning the IDF murder of innocent children. In a court of law, those who condone an unlawful act are just as guilty as the ones who carried out that act.

I make this post with no malice intended or implied.
May you and yours have a great day and beyond
:)-

james dixon

Premium Member
They were never exterminated, even though the Bible alleges that. A fatal flaw to the theology. God obviously failed in his attempt at genocide.

You have misread the scripture. The verses you are referring to are in future tense. As in "Thy will" or You shall". Those events have not occurred yet; but they will. In fact you may live to see it.

in my view

74x12

No, it is not an opinion. Jesus taught that people go to a fiery hell where they are conscious and feel pain. I understand that as a believer you want to IGNORE things that are in YOUR scriptures in plain English because it refutes the god you WANT to exist. However, the god described by the OT and NT is a vengeful, violent, and sadistic god. Since I don't have reading comprehension issues or a bias, I have no need to twist what's in the bible to mean what it clearly doesn't say.
God has a right to judge. God is described as a great King in the heavens. Everything does His will except on earth and maybe a few other places because of a satanic conspiracy that will be stopped eventually. God is fair because He gives fair warning. Fair warning is a principle of justice. The double slot experiment proves that our every decision creates our reality. It's all up to us who we identify as and if we want to be Light and not darkness that's up to us. If we consider ourselves as those going to such a place; then maybe we won't even try. We don't have to identify as darkness even if we're bad we can become better. If we want to go somewhere better then identify as light so that we'll be encouraged to be children of light. It's called faith. God is a rewarder of those who seek Him. God made it easier for us because He offers "grace". This means even if we deserve death we can get out of it through God's mercy and change our ways. God knows our situation because the adversary has destroyed this world through upending basically every good thing God has made. Changing our ways is what it's all about. This overcomes the satanic conspiracy and brings the plans of the wicked one to nothing. Satan wants us all to end up in the fire that was originally prepared for him and his angels.

74x12

If telling yourself this helps you sleep at night then continue lying to yourself.

Having said that; by your silence you are condoning the IDF murder of innocent children. In a court of law, those who condone an unlawful act are just as guilty as the ones who carried out that act.

I make this post with no malice intended or implied.
May you and yours have a great day and beyond
By all means speak up about what you see as injustice. How about every other issue going on in the world? Do you speak for the Christians being persecuted daily around the world in Muslim countries, India, in NK or China? You probably don't even know about that do you? How many oppressed people do you speak up for? I'm not condemning you for anything, but it is you who say that by silence I condone the IDF. The point is there are so many unbelievable human rights issues world wide; how can you make everything about a little tiny country divided between Israelis and Palestinians? It doesn't make sense. That being said I agree that the Palestinians have been oppressed and have some legitimate complaints. Yet, I'm not going to blanketly condemn all Israelis or be unfair to Israelis. It's a complicated situation over there and all over the world.

Faithofchristian

No, I'm going to criticize child killers. There is no justification for that, especially for a supposed all-powerful god that could have resolved the situation without killing the kids.

All your doing is showing your ignorance, of not knowing who those men,women, children are.
They are not human beings as we are. They are of the falling ones, That seduced those women back in Genesis 6:1-4.

Which came to be known as the Nephilim Giant's, Which came to be cannibals, eating humans.
But in your case, God was wrong for killing them off, But should haved let them continue killing humans, men,women, children for food.
But you complain about God killing children.
But yet you say nothing about the Nephilim Giant's killing children for their food source.

Maybe that's because in your ignorance, of not knowing why God actually had those Nephilim Giant's killed off.
Maybe if you had any knowledge and understanding about the old testament.

But no you would rather complain, about things that you have no idea about.

But you as well as others who complain about God killing off those Nephilim Giant's, you'll have your chance, When the falling ones come back again, to seduce women again, which will produce the Nephilim Giant's again, Which are cannibals, eating humans.

But like I said, you have no idea about what the old testament confirm's. Why God had the seed line of the falling ones destroyed.

Faithofchristian

So by all means, explain exactly how God could haved done it differently, without the killing of kids. Especially knowing when those kids got older, That would turn out just like their parents, Nephilim Giant's, eating humans for their food source.
Have you any idea exactly how tall those Nephilim Giant's we're.
If you were to take a kid between the ages of
3 to 5 years old and stand them next to someone who is 7 to 9 foot tall, that would give you an example how tall those Nephilim Giant's were standing next to a full grown man and woman. Not to mention that they also had super human strength to top it off with.

That have some scientist saying that it might have been these Nephilim Giant's that could haved built the pyramids of Egypt. Seeing how tall they were and had super human strength.
That just one or two of them, could haved lifted those big stones of the pyramids of Egypt in their place.
Just a thought to think about?

Last edited:

Faithofchristian

What is the question?

"Why do Christians defend the horrendously brutal and genocidal God of the Old Testament?"

I gave you the answer based on my belief that is in the bible.

Name calling according to Merriam-Webster: the use of offensive names especially to win an argument or to induce rejection or condemnation (as of a person or project) without objective consideration of the facts.

But anyway do you agree that death is God’s will?

Maybe before you go complaining about God in the old testament, Why God had those certain beings killed.

Maybe you should study it out, to find out exactly who those beings were in the old testament first, before you go complaining about something that you have no idea about.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
The problem with analogies like these is that they ignore that god is not limited in his powers and options when dealing with a situation.
Since the god of the bible can clearly resolve issues without killing but chooses to kill people anyway, he is evil. Simple logic, the only thing keeping people from understanding this is their WILLFULL IGNORANCE.
Appaently you have made up your decision and built your case to support your decision while willfully ignoring the rest of the applicable details such as authority and free will.

If God is not limited in His powers, how would you suggest He take care of it, Oh high and wise one?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
That nonsense has been debunked numerous times. A doctor once tested these out of body claims by arranging a message in floor tiles that could only be clearly seen if you were hovering on the ceiling looking down. Know how many people claiming out of body experiences saw and knew the message? None.
No... it hasn't been debunked. But nice try.

Faithofchristian

Appaently you have made up your decision and built your case to support your decision while willfully ignoring the rest of the applicable details such as authority and free will.

If God is not limited in His powers, how would you suggest He take care of it, Oh high and wise one?

There are alot of people who likes to complain and criticize the bible, But have not a single clue, Why certain things are done.

Neb

Maybe before you go complaining about God in the old testament, Why God had those certain beings killed.

Maybe you should study it out, to find out exactly who those beings were in the old testament first, before you go complaining about something that you have no idea about.
What are you saying? It was an OP by nowhere man. You should click the up button to see the discussion between nowhere man and I before you judge me.

God has a right to judge. God is described as a great King in the heavens. Everything does His will except on earth and maybe a few other places because of a satanic conspiracy that will be stopped eventually. God is fair because He gives fair warning. Fair warning is a principle of justice. The double slot experiment proves that our every decision creates our reality. It's all up to us who we identify as and if we want to be Light and not darkness that's up to us. If we consider ourselves as those going to such a place; then maybe we won't even try. We don't have to identify as darkness even if we're bad we can become better. If we want to go somewhere better then identify as light so that we'll be encouraged to be children of light. It's called faith. God is a rewarder of those who seek Him. God made it easier for us because He offers "grace". This means even if we deserve death we can get out of it through God's mercy and change our ways. God knows our situation because the adversary has destroyed this world through upending basically every good thing God has made. Changing our ways is what it's all about. This overcomes the satanic conspiracy and brings the plans of the wicked one to nothing. Satan wants us all to end up in the fire that was originally prepared for him and his angels.

Some obvious problems with your beliefs is that not everyone has heard the bible. So everyone hasn't been given fair warning. Second, psychopaths and sociopaths didn't choose to be the way they are, they were born with differently wired brains than the rest of us, they didn't have a choice. If the bible meshed with what I see and experience in reality I'd be a believer, but it doesn't, so I'm not.

You have misread the scripture. The verses you are referring to are in future tense. As in "Thy will" or You shall". Those events have not occurred yet; but they will. In fact you may live to see it.

in my view

Can one of you provide these verses so I can read them please?

All your doing is showing your ignorance, of not knowing who those men,women, children are.
They are not human beings as we are. They are of the falling ones, That seduced those women back in Genesis 6:1-4.

Which came to be known as the Nephilim Giant's, Which came to be cannibals, eating humans.
But in your case, God was wrong for killing them off, But should haved let them continue killing humans, men,women, children for food.
But you complain about God killing children.
But yet you say nothing about the Nephilim Giant's killing children for their food source.

Maybe that's because in your ignorance, of not knowing why God actually had those Nephilim Giant's killed off.
Maybe if you had any knowledge and understanding about the old testament.

But no you would rather complain, about things that you have no idea about.

But you as well as others who complain about God killing off those Nephilim Giant's, you'll have your chance, When the falling ones come back again, to seduce women again, which will produce the Nephilim Giant's again, Which are cannibals, eating humans.

But like I said, you have no idea about what the old testament confirm's. Why God had the seed line of the falling ones destroyed.

Where did Noah and his family come from if EVERYBODY else where these Nephilim you're talking about? The first born of Egypt were all Nephilim giants? Don't remember seeing anything about that in the bible, or anywhere else for that matter. Second please provide biblical verses about the these giants. Sounds a lot like something crazy Alex Jones would rant about.