• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians care so much about abortion?

Faithofchristian

As for this Christian, it's the taking of life, but if a woman wants to have abortion, Go get a job and insurance and pay for the abortion, don't tell others that do not go long with abortion to pay for the abortion out of their Tax dollars.
That's my complaint. Why should other people pay for something that they may not go along with.

Let's say, someone else gets a ticket or has to spend time in jail, would that woman be willing to pay those tickets or spend the time in jail for someone else.
Go Figure

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
As for this Christian, it's the taking of life, but if a woman wants to have abortion, Go get a job and insurance and pay for the abortion, don't tell others that do not go long with abortion to pay for the abortion out of their Tax dollars.
That's my complaint. Why should other people pay for something that they may not go along with.

Let's say, someone else gets a ticket or has to spend time in jail, would that woman be willing to pay those tickets or spend the time in jail for someone else.
Go Figure

You have to do better than this. It takes 1-2 minutes to fact-check something like this.

Vice President Pence promised to stop taxpayer-funded abortion — but it's already not allowed

Faithofchristian

You have to do better than this. It takes 1-2 minutes to fact-check something like this.

Vice President Pence promised to stop taxpayer-funded abortion — but it's already not allowed

If to what you say is correct, then how can something be stop, if it does not exist in the first place.
It first has to exist, to be able to stop it.

The abortion already exist,That is why Hillary clinton wanted tax payers to pay for a woman's abortion.
What do think those places of Planned Parenthood is about, they are Clinics of abortion for woman.
There are more African Americans women that goes to these Planned Parenthood for abortions.
Those Planned Parenthood Clinics are genocides against African Americans.

DavidFirth

That seems generally to be the case. There's lots of conservative anti-feticide Christians on this forum. But none in this thread.
Tom

I'm not going to debate it but I do consider abortion to be murder of the unborn child. I would only advocate abortion if the mother's life is at stake.

Faithofchristian

I'm not going to debate it but I do consider abortion to be murder of the unborn child. I would only advocate abortion if the mother's life is at stake.

DavidFirth, I agree with you, but if I may say, As for me, if a woman wants to have abortion, then she should go and get a job and insurance to pay for it. thank you

DavidFirth

Not debating anything here, just trying to understand your perspective.....
If it's "murder", does it become not murder when protecting the mother's life?

Yes, because a choice must be made between the two. If the mother is able, I think she should make the choice and it should be legally binding. If not, the doctor should make the choice based on which one he thinks is most likely to survive.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
No you miss what I said.

I said that if a woman wants to have abortion, then she should go and get a job and insurance and pay for it herself.
I got that fine. You argued your point by appealing to an overall principle: that people shouldn't have to pay for things they disagree with.

Say someone without a car disagrees with paying taxes that go toward the road you drive on. Does that mean that you should be forced to pay the whole cost?

Or your church: your tax-exempt church receives lots of services that it doesn't pay for. This bothers lots of people. Should your church pay for what it uses like everyone else?

Faithofchristian

I got that fine. You argued your point by appealing to an overall principle: that people shouldn't have to pay for things they disagree with.

Say someone without a car disagrees with paying taxes that go toward the road you drive on. Does that mean that you should be forced to pay the whole cost?

Or your church: your tax-exempt church receives lots of services that it doesn't pay for. This bothers lots of people. Should your church pay for what it uses like everyone else?

Let's see, are you saying that you, yourself never walk or go down that road.

First I would have to belong to a church.

First of all churches do pay like everyone else. The churches pay light bills and gas bills for heat.
Pay for the up keep of the building that include taxes.like everyone else.

Kelly of the Phoenix

don't tell others that do not go long with abortion to pay for the abortion out of their Tax dollars.
That's my complaint.
I don't want to pay for any of your meds. And yet, I have to, because that's how insurance works.

As for this Christian, it's the taking of life
So is eating.

Would Jesus?

There are more African Americans women that goes to these Planned Parenthood for abortions.
If all you have around you are Catholic hospitals, you can't get an abortion, because those hospitals decided to ignore what their standards of practice are. Also, killing a fetus doesn't usually kill the mother, the actual citizen with rights. It's genocide if you kill ACTUAL people, not "potential" people.

I said that if a woman wants to have abortion, then she should go and get a job and insurance and pay for it herself.
If she has a job that fires her for reproductive issues (you can even get fired for having a period, apparently), then forgive me if I question this advice as valid.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
If to what you say is correct, then how can something be stop, if it does not exist in the first place.
It doesn't really exist. It's already against regulations to use taxpayer funds to pay for abortion.
What's really going on here is deceitful emotional grandstanding. Politicians and preachers are famous for doing that.
It's also called lying for wealth and power.
Part of the reason I started this thread is to discuss such disinformation. It's rampant amongst the Christians who actually agree with me, that abortion is a moral issue that this country doesn't deal with well at all. But dissembling on the issue just makes things worse. And Christian politicians do a lot of damage using this issue for personal gain.
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
So, we basically agree. My own mother would have died before I was born had she not had surgical abortion.
On the other hand, I would probably have wound up in a hospital dumpster if the irresponsible college kids who conceived me had safe, secret, legal abortion available as an option in 1958.

But I really started this thread asking "Why?" of Scripture based Christians. I know Scripture pretty well, and feticide just isn't in there as an issue. It would be different if Christians were more honest and sensible about it. But it seems more to be used as a moral football for political purposes, using ineffective and destructive methods. The end results of such methods just make things worse.
Tom
PS ~as a small aside, I avoid using the word murder in this context. It's inaccurate, if murder means "deliberate, extralegal, homicide". Because RvW is law. Saying something inaccurate makes it easy to dismiss anything else you say.~

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.

The abortion already exist,That is why Hillary clinton wanted tax payers to pay for a woman's abortion.
What do think those places of Planned Parenthood is about, they are Clinics of abortion for woman.

No.

People, including men, go to these places for a number of things.

Abortions are not a majority, but a small percentage of their services performed annually. Around 350,000 annually.

Around 12-15 percent of patients are African American.

I listen to Rush and his follow-ups too. Don't take his word on too much, if anything.

DavidFirth

So, we basically agree. My own mother would have died before I was born had she not had surgical abortion.
On the other hand, I would probably have wound up in a hospital dumpster if the irresponsible college kids who conceived me had safe, secret, legal abortion available as an option in 1958.

But I really started this thread asking "Why?" of Scripture based Christians. I know Scripture pretty well, and feticide just isn't in there as an issue. It would be different if Christians were more honest and sensible about it. But it seems more to be used as a moral football for political purposes, using ineffective and destructive methods. The end results of such methods just make things worse.
Tom
PS ~as a small aside, I avoid using the word murder in this context. It's inaccurate, if murder means "deliberate, extralegal, homicide". Because RvW is law. Saying something inaccurate makes it easy to dismiss anything else you say.~

I say murder because I feel it is murder under OT law. I consider the fertilized egg to be a human being. Killing that unborn human being is murder, the way I see it. I don't think OT law specifically mentions abortion because it is interpreted as I have interpreted it. I believe God sees an unborn child the same way he sees me or you, as far as being a human is concerned.