• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians and Muslims hate the Jews?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
If some Muslims do hate Jews it's Zionism's fault. Islam and Judaism always co-existed peacefully in the Middle East when Christian Europe persecuted our fathers

fallingblood

Agnostic Theist
If some Muslims do hate Jews it's Zionism's fault. Islam and Judaism always co-existed peacefully in the Middle East when Christian Europe persecuted our fathers
Have you taken any history classes? From what you're saying, one would get the idea that Europe was Christian and actively attacked the peaceful Jews and Muslims in the Middle East. That Jews and Muslims never had problems with each other, and it wasn't up until recently that this Zionist conspiracy started a massive war. Almost as if Zionism controls both Muslims and Jews.

rosends

Zionism is an excuse. When there was no (political) Zionism, there was still plenty of hatred and persecution. Deicide, resistance of assimilation, rejection of theology...there has always been a non-reason to hate.

rusra02

Premium Member
I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.
I think it is for the same reason whites hate blacks and vice versa, why Tutsi hate Hutu and Shiite hate Sunni. "The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Whoever does not practice righteousness does not originate with God, nor does the one who does not love his brother. For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother." (1 John 3:10-12)

gnostic

The Lost One
Muslims and Christians do not hate Jews because they are like them religion , but who the bad is hated whatever his religion
Judaism is not just a religion, deniro.

Being a "Jew", is also ethnic and tribal identity that was established by tradition of their ancestry to a line of 3 patriarchs - Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - as well to the twelve tribes of original Israel as established by their core part of their religious scripture - the Torah.

There is a "religion" aspect that is tied to being a "Jew" but there are also familia and tribal element to being a "Jew", therefore there are socio-political aspect to being a "Jew".

meaning that Jews don't have to be religious to be Jewish. they can be Jewish because they can trace their Jewish an retry to the tribe of Judah. you can be an atheist or secular and still be a Jew.

Last edited:

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
Judaism is not just a religion, deniro.

Being a "Jew", is also ethnic and tribal identity that was established by tradition of their ancestry to a line of 3 patriarchs - Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - as well to the twelve tribes of original Israel as established by their core part of their religious scripture - the Torah.

There is a "religion" aspect that is tied to being a "Jew" but there are also familia and tribal element to being a "Jew", therefore there are socio-political aspect to being a "Jew".

meaning that Jews don't have to be religious to be Jewish. they can be Jewish because they can trace their Jewish an retry to the tribe of Judah. you can be an atheist or secular and still be a Jew.

Responding to a post submitted 5 years ago, by a poster who has not been seen on the forum in the five years since the post first appeared, is unlikely to engender conversation with the poster. That said, your effort to enlighten is duly noted.

gnostic

The Lost One
Responding to a post submitted 5 years ago, by a poster who has not been seen on the forum in the five years since the post first appeared, is unlikely to engender conversation with the poster. That said, your effort to enlighten is duly noted.

I didn't realise how old that post was, until now. I didn't look at the date, so I also didn't know it was old thread was too. :oops:

SpeaksForTheTrees

I'm free from all prejudice I hate everyone equally.
I've heard lots of bad stories about all those groups of followers an witnessed also their atrocities in my time .Best to leave the haters to their own primitive rational and their false gods .

ether-ore

I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.

At least speaking for myself (and for those I know) any good Christian does not and will not hate Jews. I recognize that when God made His covenant with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, to the effect that through them and their posterity would all the nations of the world be blessed. That that meant that all that the world would ever know about God and how He deals with His children would come through the children of Israel; and that includes the New Testament, Christ Himself and all His Apostles being Jewish and descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob (which remains within that covenant). All our blessings come through the house of Israel. Does one hate the source of their blessings? Does one bite the hand that feeds them? I think not.

As a Christian, I may believe that individual Jews are rejecting the source of their own blessings, but they are in the hands of God, and it is not for any Christian to hate those whom God has claimed as His own. As for Islam... I can only grieve for those who think God (Allah) approves of hate. Judgment and justice belong to God, not to jihadists.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe I have worked for Jews so there are those who are not so honest or nice.

I believe deicide is a false accusation. It wasn't Jews in general but those in a leadrship position. THe problem comes when a Jew feels he can justify the crucifixion because Jesus was just a man.

I think most of the persecution of Jews comes from the fact that we figure Jews are under God's judgement and we don't want to be too close when that judgement falls on them. We don't want to be collateral damage.

I believe it also may be possible that some think they ought to wreak God's judgement but that is a false concept since God usually preserves this for Himself.