• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians and Muslims hate the Jews?

tarasan

I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.

wait as a christian i have to hate Jews?

dammit and here I was giving them love and respect im glad youve set me striaght..

Ordeet

A great article by a true Moderate Muslim from Syria. This could apply to some Christians too.

Every Muslim Should Become a Jew for One Day | Farid Ghadry

...12,125% more than people hate Muslims if the ratio of number of Muslims as compared to Jews is taken into account as well as the “Hate Index” of each. An index that the unsuccessful, jealous of Jewish accomplishments, keep pushing up.

In spite of the terror we Muslims inflict daily on others and on each other, Jews are hated more than we could ever be.

Israel attacked Hamas only after Hamas launched thousands of rockets. But Hamas attacked the PLO in Gaza for no reason. Yet, the Jews are hated, and the Muslims, inflicting pain unto each other, escape accountability. Israel established a blockade to weaken its extremist nemesis, yet, the Jews are hated for defending their borders when we Muslims own 97% of the lands. Lands where Jews lived and roamed thousands of years ago and where remnants of Synagogues are found today in several Arab countries, including Syria, Yemen, Oman, Iraq, Egypt, Lebanon, and as far as Morocco.

We, Muslims, should be lucky the Jews only want Jerusalem.

This Gaza flotilla incident, prepared for in Syria and Iran, and executed by Erdogan, is nothing but a form of hazing conditioned by Assad and Ahmadinajead to join their fraternity of resistance. What all three wanted is to unearth the ugly face of discrimination and hate against the Jewish people to further their goals of terror.

If you really want to know how arrogant the world has become, just try to be a Jew for one day.

Furthermore, we Muslims should designate one day a year where we all become Jews to understand what it feels like to be hated so much. Shame on us.

.lava

Veteran Member
I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.

i don't hate Jewish people. btw Prophets could not hate anyone

Ordeet not all Muslims or Christians hate Jews. You know what I find funny though? You're not even a Jew, this doesn't concern you, so why bring it up?

So since you're Male you shouldn't be concerned about anything having to do with women right? Even though they're fellow human beings?

Anyways I can't answer your question as to why some Muslims and Christians dislike Jews, but I know that not all of them feel that way. In fact most don't.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
A great article by a true Moderate Muslim from Syria. This could apply to some Christians too.

Yeah great article, its really funny.

...12,125% more than people hate Muslims if the ratio of number of Muslims as compared to Jews is taken into account as well as the “Hate Index” of each. An index that the unsuccessful, jealous of Jewish accomplishments, keep pushing up.

In spite of the terror we Muslims inflict daily on others and on each other, Jews are hated more than we could ever be.

I guess the guy who wrote this, isn't really aware of how things are for many muslims around the world. He should spend more of his time watching what is happening to other muslims, instead wasting his time in this exaggeration of the terrors that "we" inflict on others and our selves.

Israel attacked Hamas only after Hamas launched thousands of rockets. But Hamas attacked the PLO in Gaza for no reason. Yet, the Jews are hated, and the Muslims, inflicting pain unto each other, escape accountability. Israel established a blockade to weaken its extremist nemesis, yet, the Jews are hated for defending their borders when we Muslims own 97% of the lands. Lands where Jews lived and roamed thousands of years ago and where remnants of Synagogues are found today in several Arab countries, including Syria, Yemen, Oman, Iraq, Egypt, Lebanon, and as far as Morocco.

We, Muslims, should be lucky the Jews only want Jerusalem.

This Gaza flotilla incident, prepared for in Syria and Iran, and executed by Erdogan, is nothing but a form of hazing conditioned by Assad and Ahmadinajead to join their fraternity of resistance. What all three wanted is to unearth the ugly face of discrimination and hate against the Jewish people to further their goals of terror.

This is the funniest part.

If you really want to know how arrogant the world has become, just try to be a Jew for one day.

Well, muslims don't need to, they already had their taste.

Shame on us.

Why??

CMJE-Hisham

Some great discussion going on here. Muslims and Jewish people have had a long relationship that is extremely complex. Today the focus appears to be on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict but that is only a small region in the world. There are millions of Muslims and Jewish people that live in the US today. More Should be done to find a common ground amongst these people. I don't know if you heard but a recently elected mayor in New Jersey is Muslim and he appointed a Jewish man to be his deputy. Great news for the interfaith community.

Marsh

Muslims don't hate Jews

Who said we did?

We worship the same God, and all Jewish prophets mentioned in the Qur'an are highly respected and loved by Muslims

Do you know that we mention the name of Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him, in all our five daily prayers, like we mention Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him?
Ayaan Hirsi Ali writes in her autobiography, Infidel, that when she was a student attending school in Saudi Arabia she and the other students were taught hatred of Jews. She believes this was a common practice throughout the country.

My understanding is that in the late 19th century Jews were tolerated quite well in Palestine. There was little persecution. However, dislike of Jews increased with the growth of Zionism. This is my impression from reading the book One Palestine Complete.

I believe hatred of Jews, by Muslims, throughout the Middle East is now commonplace and can be traced back to the establishment of Israel. I do not believe that this hatred is an integral part of Islam, but is a consequence of the current political situation in that part of the world.

It would be reasonable to state that not all Muslims hate Jews.

Beaudreaux

It's the way they procreate by laying Jew eggs. Also, their horns are off putting...

Marsh

The Jews killed Christ according to ancient mythology, that would explain why some Christians hate Jews.
Yes. That's probably why Mel Gibson is such an anti-Semite. Or maybe he learned from his father. At least that is what I heard.

Beaudreaux

The Jews killed Christ according to ancient mythology, that would explain why some Christians hate Jews.
This is what drives me nuts about Christians who hate Jews because "they killed Christ." Isn't Christ's death kind of central to your entire religion??? If they didn't kill Christ, there would be no resurrection, no atonement, no new covenant. DIdn't Jesus come to earth specifically to die on the cross? You should be thanking the Jews for getting him nailed to a tree!

no-body

I really wish people would give Gibson a break.

Eh, have you seen the latest controversies with him? The man might be a good actor and director but he is racist. I don't know if it has anything to do with religion, but he is a hick.

Marsh

That brings up another point. It's a good motivator to suggest that you are one of God's chosen people, it makes you feel good about yourself, but how does this make one think about others, those not chosen by God?
I suppose it depends how seriously one take the claim that you are among God's chosen people; Jews, Christians, and Muslims all make this claim, do they not?

dogsgod said:
Could this be why some Jews refer to Muslims as dogs and have no qualms about taking their land?
Of course one might argue that the land of Palestine was originally Jewish and was taken by Muslims through conquest.

It has been my observation that calling someone a dog is a common insult in the Middle East. I didn't know Jews were fond of using it, but I have heard that it is a popular insult among Muslims

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Eh, have you seen the latest controversies with him? The man might be a good actor and director but he is racist. I don't know if it has anything to do with religion, but he is a hick.
I'm more concerned about violent attacks against Jews in Europe by Muslims who are venting their anger of Israel and Jews. Gibson at least gave us Apocalypto.

Marsh

Not really. Where did you get that impression?

That Jews, Christians, and Muslims all think they are the chosen people? Deduction, I guess. Islam sees Mohamed at the newest and final prophet. You don't think there is going to be another prophet do you? I am just assuming that you think God prefers all people to be Muslim, and if this is the case then Muslims must be his chosen people. Hence, Muslims must see themselves as the new chosen people.

Do you think that in God's view Jews, Christians and Muslim all understand the truth equally? If God shows any preference for Muslims then in my books that make Muslims the most recent chosen people. How do you see it?

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
That Jews, Christians, and Muslims all think they are the chosen people? Deduction, I guess. Islam sees Mohamed at the newest and final prophet. You don't think there is going to be another prophet do you? I am just assuming that you think God prefers all people to be Muslim, and if this is the case then Muslims must be his chosen people. Hence, Muslims must see themselves as the new chosen people.

Do you think that in God's view Jews, Christians and Muslim all understand the truth equally? If God shows any preference for Muslims then in my books that make Muslims the most recent chosen people. How do you see it?

Islam is not ethnic, muslims are not special by who they are.

Islam is god's last religion from our prospective, that doesn't mean muslims are god's chosen people. And anybody can join in.

idea

Question Everything
Muslims don't hate Jews

Who said we did?

We worship the same God, and all Jewish prophets mentioned in the Qur'an are highly respected and loved by Muslims

Do you know that we mention the name of Prophet Abraham, peace be upon him, in all our five daily prayers, like we mention Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him?

I agree, we worship the same God.

The Jewish people are from the house of Judah - only one of the tribes. There were 12 tribes, each with specific blessings. Most who are on the Earth today come from one of these tribes. Abraham was blessed to have children as the stars in the sky and sand on the beach - we are those children.

(Guide to the Scriptures | IIsrael.:The twelve tribes of Israel)
The twelve tribes of Israel: Abraham's grandson Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel, had twelve sons. Their descendants have become known as the twelve tribes of Israel or the children of Israel. These are the twelve tribes: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun (the sons of Jacob and Leah); Dan and Naphtali (the sons of Jacob and Bilhah); Gad and Asher (the sons of Jacob and Zilpah); Joseph and Benjamin (the sons of Jacob and Rachel) (Gen. 29:32—30:24; 35:16–18).

(Book of Mormon | 2 Nephi29:3 - 14)
3 And because my words shall hiss forth—many of the Gentiles shall say: A aBible! A Bible! We have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible.
4 But thus saith the Lord God: O fools, they shall have a aBible; and it shall proceed forth from the bJews, mine ancient covenant people. And what thank they the Jews for the Bible which they receive from them? Yea, what do the Gentiles mean? Do they remember the travails, and the labors, and the pains of the Jews, and their diligence unto me, in bringing forth salvation unto the Gentiles?
5 O ye Gentiles, have ye remembered the Jews, mine ancient covenant people? Nay; but ye have acursed them, and have bhated them, and have not sought to recover them. But behold, I will return all these things upon your own heads; for I the Lord have not forgotten my people.
6 Thou fool, that shall say: A aBible, we have got a Bible, and we need no more Bible. Have ye obtained a Bible save it were by the Jews?
7 Know ye not that there are more nations than one? Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men, and that I remember those who are upon the bisles of the sea; and that I rule in the heavens above and in the cearth beneath; and I bring forth my dword unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?
8 Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word? Know ye not that the atestimony of btwo nations is a cwitness unto you that I am God, that I remember one dnation like unto another? Wherefore, I speak the same words unto one nation like unto another. And when the two enations shall run together the testimony of the two nations shall run together also.
9 And I do this that I may prove unto many that I am the asame yesterday, today, and forever; and that I speak forth my bwords according to mine own pleasure. And because that I have spoken one cword ye need not suppose that I cannot speak another; for my dwork is not yet finished; neither shall it be until the end of man, neither from that time henceforth and forever.
10 Wherefore, because that ye have a Bible ye need not suppose that it contains all my awords; neither bneed ye suppose that I have not caused more to be written.
11 For I command aall men, both in the east and in the west, and in the north, and in the south, and in the islands of the sea, that they shall bwrite the words which I speak unto them; for out of the cbooks which shall be written I will djudge the world, every man according to their works, according to that which is written.
12 For behold, I shall speak unto the aJews and they shall bwrite it; and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall cwrite it; and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; and I shall also speak unto dall nations of the earth and they shall write it.
13 And it shall come to pass that the aJews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the blost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews.
14 And it shall come to pass that my people, which are of the ahouse of Israel, shall be gathered home unto the blands of their possessions; and my word also shall be gathered in cone. And I will show unto them that fight against my word and against my dpeople, who are of the ehouse of Israel, that I am God, and that I fcovenanted with gAbraham that I would remember his hseed iforever.