• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians and Muslims hate the Jews?

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Not Jewish, but I have a lot of Jewish friends. I think it's a topic for discussion, because, the Jews haven't really harmed anyone over the course of their history.

I just never understood why Christians and Muslims can't seem to get along with Jews despite the fact that they seem to want to worship the same god as the Jews and essentially incorporated Judaism into their own religions (i.e. Christianity being a "Roman" version of Judaism, and Islam being an "Arab" version of Christianity and Judaism).

Well unfortunately ordeet Jews and Muslims always got along good until Zionism. Muslim countries treated us better then Christian Europe ever did. As for "Jews haven't really harmed anyone in their history". That was so until recently with the establishment of Israel. Some Jews do harm and kill wrongfully, but not all of us. Some of us still know Zionism is un-Jewish, and will forever be. When Herzel the father of Zionism presented this idea of a Jewish state, almost all the Rabbis of his time condemned the idea.

True Torah Jews Against Zionism

Rainbow Mage

Ordeet, you'll notice that 'Kemetic Orthodox' isn't Judaism either, so don't let him discourage you.

So what? Just because I don't follow Judaism doesn't make me not a Jew. I have Jewish ethnicity, and you can't change that

Rakhel

Well unfortunately ordeet Jews and Muslims always got along good until Zionism. Muslim countries treated us better then Christian Europe ever did. As for "Jews haven't really harmed anyone in their history". That was so until recently with the establishment of Israel. Some Jews do harm and kill wrongfully, but not all of us. Some of us still know Zionism is un-Jewish, and will forever be. When Herzel the father of Zionism presented this idea of a Jewish state, almost all the Rabbis of his time condemned the idea.

True Torah Jews Against Zionism

You would bring self hating Jews into the mix, wouldn't you. They are about as racist as it comes. Self superiority because they claim to be "true" Jews. They don't like anyone but themselves.

Rainbow Mage

Zardoz if you want to believe that, sigh. Whatever it takes to help you sleep at night. You can go on my ignore list from now on. Btw, if we need to contest who's Jewish, I have a Jewish mother and father. What do you have? Your title says Messianic. That's Christian, not Jewish

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Just ignore Judaism discussions. It's not your faith.

Edit: Love your edit. Not the first time you attack me like this, is it? LOL

Last edited:

Rainbow Mage

Since when does being a Jew have anything to do with Judaism? Judaism is a religion. Jews are a people, and some of us just happen to suscribe to Judaism, and some don't

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
The ones who don't usually don't keep poking their nose back in, trying to stir up trouble.

Rainbow Mage

Zardoz how is it stirring trouble to be against the state of Israel, or to say I think Moses wasn't a good guy? I don't believe he was, that's honesty. Plus, Zionism was condemned by most of the Rabbis in Herzel's time, so were the Rabbis stirring trouble? You need to lay off of me. Go on with Zionism and stop riding me. I am a Jew who doesn't support Zionism. Enough said

Rainbow Mage

I am addressing the OP, and that is my answer. Muslims for the most part don't hate Jews and never hated us until Zionism and the state of Israel. It is Zionism's fault they hate Jews. In the Middle Ages when the Crusaders came looking for Jews at Muslim households, Muslims lied to save the lives of Jews.

Last edited:

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
I am addressing the OP, and that is my answer.

That's not what you told the OP...

... You know what I find funny though? You're not even a Jew, this doesn't concern you, so why bring it up?

...You basically told him he should shut up because he's not a Jew.

...Muslims for the most part don't hate Jews and never hated us until Zionism and the state of Israel. It is Zionism's fault they hate Jews. In the Middle Ages when the Crusaders came looking for Jews at Muslim households, Muslims lied to save the lives of Jews.

Every Jew knows this, especially Sephardic Jews, and it also occurred in North Africa during the war, too. However, it's a little more complex than you make it out to be.

arimoff

That's not what you told the OP...

...You basically told him he should shut up because he's not a Jew.

Every Jew knows this, especially Sephardic Jews, and it also occurred in North Africa during the war, too. However, it's a little more complex than you make it out to be.

Brother ignore him, its not worth it, time will come he will realize when our number will be called again by those who he defends they wont care what he thinks of Palestine or that he is so called kemetic, they will call his number to.
nazis didn't care neither as long as your blood is Jewish.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
As far as the Christians are concerned, I think it started somehow like this:

1.) First there was no church and no theology, but only small groups of likeminded people.
Some of them came from the Jewish tradition, some from the Roman tradition.

2.) Then some people started to construct some theological framework and the questions arose if or not & how far the Jewish traditions (circumscision, rules reagrding food, Sabbat,...) should be followed, since Jesus had been a Jew.
Those who had no Jewish background of course did not care much about Jewish traditions, and I think it was Paul who insisted that those did not have to adopt them.

3.) In the first centuries Christians were a minority having to get along with the Roman authorities.
Therefore perhaps there is a tendency to play down the role of the Romans (Pontius Pilate) in the trial & conviction of Jesus and to give grather attention to the Jews (Caiaphas).

4.) In the Middle Ages Christianity was the dominant religion.
Work life was organized in form of guilds, everyone who wanted to work - for example - as a joiner had to be member of the joiners-guild.
Guilds did not accept non-Christians as members, so Jews could not get jobs - the only profession open to Jews was moneylender.
As moneylenders they drew hate from those who already had difficulties to survive at all, most people were very poor.
Those who had more than enough were clever enough to use the prejudice of the poor mass and directed their hate towards the Jews, away from themselfes.

Once a group is segregated from society-mainstream it is only to easy to make those people responsible for everything that's going wrong.
And prejustice is easy to propagate but hard to get rid of.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I've never understood why certain Christians hate Jews- after all, Jesus Himself was a Jew and so were all the Apostles and Paul, too. I have Jewish ancestry myself on my mother's side.

Cypress

Dragon Mom
I've never understood why certain Christians hate Jews- after all, Jesus Himself was a Jew and so were all the Apostles and Paul, too.
And that's exactly the problem, when Christianity was becoming an independent religion they wanted to get rid of all that was Jewish.