• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Christians and Muslims hate the Jews?

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
The Aussie mind does not generally delve deep.

PS Peacewise you don't live down the SE near Mt Gambier do you.
I used to do a fair bit of diving in the caves there, and in the West near Eucla

Cheers

Last edited:

Kerr

You guys did. Well maybe you don't say "we hate Jews" but you guys sure act like it. I mean when you folks go around carrying signs that say "God Bless Hitler", or when a Muslim president denies the Holocaust - I'd say that's pretty hateful right there.
Muslims are individuals. Some are like that. Some are not. Don´t generalize them all because of what some individuals do.

Peacewise

The Aussie mind does not generally delve deep.

PS Peacewise you don't live down the SE near Mt Gambier do you.
I used to do a fair bit of diving in the caves there, and in the West near Eucla

Cheers

nope, adelaide hills.

Smoke

Done here.
Christians and Muslims -- the more aggressive of them -- consider the very existence of the Jews a slap in the face. Christianity and Islam are both loosely based on Judaism, both worship the Jewish god, both imagine their own religion to have superseded Judaism. How dare the Jews continue to exist as a separate religion, without accepting Jesus as Lord or Muhammad as prophet?

rusra02

Premium Member
I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.

The hatred manifest by many against Jews is just part of the picture. Hatred is endemic in this world. Religious hatred, racial hatred, class hatred, cultural hatred, tribal, political hatred, the list goes on and on. Every group of people are hated, and hate in return. The hatred thus manifest in most of the major religions is evidence they are not from God. Rather, they manifest the murderous spirit of the Devil.
“The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. Everyone who hates his brother is a manslayer, and you know that no manslayer has everlasting life remaining in him. If anyone makes the statement: ‘I love God,’ and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brother also.”—1 John 3:10, 15; 4:20, 21.

xkatz

I don't believe religion can be the only reason behind it though.

It isn't all due to religion. Certain political factors, such as the Israeli-Palestinian crisis contribute to antisemitism and in the media Jewish people are sometimes portrayed in a negative way.

Last edited:

beenie

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
i don't hate any entire group of people.
i may despise their actions, but i also despise actions of many "Muslims" on this earth too.

despise the act, not the people.

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews? I for one have a lot of Jewish friends, and I find Jewish people to be the most kind, honest, and friendly people on earth.

Its not Jews fault that Jesus or Mohammed started spreading their own own religions.

So why are Jews being targetted? Jews never forced their religion upon anyone. They've never gone on crusades to kill all those who didn't convert as Christians and Muslims do, and for most of the history of the world, they kept to themselves and didn't really bother anyone. Yet they've been persecuted, tortured, and maligned. The Christians accuse them of deicide and the Muslims call them pigs and dogs. Any reason for that?

And let's have a nice, honest, and open debate, not the "we respect the Jews" or "people of the book" rhetoric that makes you shy away from the topic as oppose to dealing with it.

Christians do not hate Jews, at least virtually all the Christians I know don't hate any Jews. (I do not count White Supremacists in the count, as I have an opinion of them I won't repeat here.)

Ordeet

Ordeet not all Muslims or Christians hate Jews. You know what I find funny though? You're not even a Jew, this doesn't concern you, so why bring it up?

Not Jewish, but I have a lot of Jewish friends. I think it's a topic for discussion, because, the Jews haven't really harmed anyone over the course of their history.

I just never understood why Christians and Muslims can't seem to get along with Jews despite the fact that they seem to want to worship the same god as the Jews and essentially incorporated Judaism into their own religions (i.e. Christianity being a "Roman" version of Judaism, and Islam being an "Arab" version of Christianity and Judaism).

deniro

Muslims and Christians do not hate Jews because they are like them religion , but who the bad is hated whatever his religion

301ouncer

I hope this isn't too controversial, but this has always bothered me: why do people hate the Jews?.

What did I tell you . Do you believe me now?

This is the biggest aim and objectives of secularisim as this poster is titled.

To pitch religious communities against each other and end up at each others throats while secularisim walks in between safe and sound for all to see how wonderfull this satanical system is.

the most decieving system has ever devised for mankind.

the most intolerant system has ever devised for mankind.

xkatz

To pitch religious communities against each other and end up at each others throats while secularisim walks in between safe and sound for all to see how wonderfull this satanical system is.

Stick to the topic :facepalm:

Hyperborean

Cultural Conservative
For the entire span of known history Jews have always been hated by someone or another The Babylonians, the Egyptians, the Greeks, and the Romans, all of whom were polytheistic did not like the Jews, and even the atheistic Russians hated the Jews.

To say that the conflicts between Jews and Christians and Jews and Muslims are unique phenomena, or that Christians and Muslims are totally responsible for "disliking" Jews would seem a bit misleading.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Not Jewish, but I have a lot of Jewish friends. I think it's a topic for discussion, because, the Jews haven't really harmed anyone over the course of their history...

Don't worry about that poster, Ordeet, you'll notice that 'Kemetic Orthodox' isn't Judaism either, so don't let him discourage you. If your post was Jew-bashing, you can be sure he'd be in the 'amen chorus'. Antisemitism goes beyond Christians and Moslems.

Others: Antisemitism is from way before Zionism, the egg came long before the chicken, so please stop using that as an excuse.

Even here on RF... I feel it.

GabrielWithoutWings

For the entire span of known history Jews have always been hated by someone or another The Babylonians, the Egyptians, the Greeks, and the Romans, all of whom were polytheistic did not like the Jews, and even the atheistic Russians hated the Jews.

To say that the conflicts between Jews and Christians and Jews and Muslims are unique phenomena, or that Christians and Muslims are totally responsible for "disliking" Jews would seem a bit misleading.

This has nothing to do with the OP.

GabrielWithoutWings

Really 301. Just listening to your tripe makes me want to go out and actually make a militant secular organization whose goal is to convert St Peter's basilica into a frat house and paint the Qabah to look like a six-sided die.

:rolleyes:

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Don't worry about that poster, Ordeet, you'll notice that 'Kemetic Orthodox' isn't Judaism either, so don't let him discourage you. If your post was Jew-bashing, you can be sure he'd be in the 'amen chorus'. Antisemitism goes beyond Christians and Moslems.

Others: Antisemitism is from way before Zionism, the egg came long before the chicken, so please stop using that as an excuse.

Even here on RF... I feel it.

Zardoz you have some nerve. I would not be in the amen corner over "Jew-bashing". Why would I bash Jews? I am a Jew! If it's "Zionism" you're talking about bashing, yes I am ever in the "amen corner" on that. Zionism is evil- amen!