• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Do Certain Christians Prefer Trinitarian Beliefs Over Non-Trinitarian?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Wednesday 2-8-23 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Shavat 16 5783 50th. Winter Day.................

Often a person is raised in a religious belief system, so when the clergy professes a triune god it is accepted.
To me, I find one needs to do research for oneself.
I found Psalms 90:2 says God is from everlasting.... ( No beginning )
Whereas, John wrote at Revelation 3:14 that pre-human heavenly Jesus had a heavenly beginning.
Thus, John wrote at John 1 that pre-human heavenly Jesus was " IN" the beginning. Not 'before' the beginning.
So, only God was 'before' the beginning of anything else.
Even the resurrected ascended-to-heaven Jesus still thinks he has a God over him as per Revelation 3:12

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
That is not quite right. The idea of the Trinity goes right back to St John's Gospel. "In the beginning was the Word....and the Word was God....and the Word was made flesh........ "

John wrote Revelation before he wrote his gospel account.
At Revelation 3:14 B John places pre-human heavenly Jesus as the beginning by God.
Psalms 90:2 informs God had No beginning.
John 1 did Not write ' before' the beginning, but rather pre-human heavenly Jesus was "IN" the beginning Not before.
Originally, as we know, the Bible was Not written in King James English.
King James added the letter "a" at Act of the Apostles 28:6 B, but omitted the "a" at John 1
Plus, both words Lord and God are titles.
There are two (2) LORD/Lords mentioned at Psalms 110 KJV
One LORD is in ALL Upper-Case letters which stands for LORD God (Tetragrammaton)
The other Lord, in some lower-case letters stands for Lord Jesus ( No Tetragrammaton applied )

cataway

Wednesday 2-8-23 4th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Shavat 16 5783 50th. Winter Day

Honestly, we must contend to the end, but why do we prefer a certain belief?

Love, Walter
its really very simple, people have been lied to .they cant believe they have been lied to by people that should not be lying.

muhammad_isa

its really very simple, people have been lied to .they cant believe they have been lied to by people that should not be lying.
I think that it is more complex than that.
Beliefs can become engrained in us, and we have a tribal nature.

Almighty God is aware of those who are sincere, regardless of religious persuasion.
He does what He wills, when He wills.

None amongst us are pure, or knows all.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
@Kenny................You might be surprised, but Hinduism also has a kind of Trinity aspect in it. Trinity seems to be a Spiritual thing. Of course in India it's not only about Jesus, though Jesus is not excluded. So, there are differences, and also similarities.........................

I'm Not surprised because when we trace mankind's religious family tree it goes way back to ancient Babylon.
When those ancient people migrated away from ancient Babylon they took with them their religious concepts and ideas and spread them world wide into a greater religious Babylon or Babylon the Great.
This is why we see similar or overlapping religious ideas taught throughout the religious world.
Especially when un-faithful Jews began mixing with non-Jews then Babylonian ideas also spread.
So, it should be No surprise to find a kind of triad or trinity being taught in today's world.
That does Not make the Trinity as a biblical source but a source outside of Scripture.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
its really very simple, people have been lied to. they can't believe they have been lied to by people that should not be lying.
Especially since people think they can trust their clergy.
When it's political parties safeguarding their own interests by getting clergy to back their war interests.
Getting clergy to use the pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their sons on the Altar of War as if that is the same thing as the Altar of God. Clergy religionizing war by putting responsibly on God for their side of the victory.

Some people even think M.D. after a doctor's name stands for Medical Deity.

cataway

Almighty God is aware of those who are sincere, regardless of religious persuasion.
He does what He wills, when He wills.

None amongst us are pure, or knows all.
with that in mind comes the call "
4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. 5 For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. 6 Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. 7 To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ 8 That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong". (Rev 18 ) there is a need to recognize the nonchalant attitude that you can do what ever you want and it will be acceptable to God

PearlSeeker

Early Christians believed Jesus was Logos that existed before the world was created... It's evident already in the earliest Christian writings (Paul's letters).

From this belief evolved the Trinity doctrine.

wellwisher

If you look at the Bible, we have God the Father in the Old Testament. We have God the Son in the New Testament. Jesus also promised the Holy Spirit or Spirit of Truth after he left. This is also a different aspect of God; multicore. The trinity is about these three different expressions of God and worship, with any one, two or three valid ways to serve.

The Old Testament is about law. The New Testament is about love; love God and Love your neighbor summarizes the law. While the future Testament of the Holy Spirit is about faith; Joan of Arch. Joan followed he faith to lead her cultures armies into battle. Then she accepted the double cross; She was sold as a witch who is burned to death.

The analogy in going into the city to shop. You take any one of the three main roads to the center, and still reach the same final spot. Some may prefer I95, while others like I90, and still others prefer to use Route 1. We all can still meet at noon for lunch. This flexibility was a strength for Christianity, since it allows for choices, that best suits your nature, so all can still meet in the same place.

The problem is some people, who are better at one way, often assume this is the best for all. The Trinity understands there are three basic types of relgious people, and provided a way for all to serve within their type. If you can accept the Trinity your brothers and sister in faith, multiply, since you do not judge by just one expression of God.