• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Black men always turn to Islam in jail and not Christianity?

Hec.

Oh and you know personally over hundred thousands of black en who are in prison? What about black women? I suspect a little bigotry here.

But while I am at it why don't bring in some huge statistics that you have conveniently left out.

What about the huge amount of white men who join the white rascist version of
Asatru religion Thor is their God and they convert people a lot of white men in prison convert to that.

WHy that?

There is also a small movement in a few prisons to convert to Buddhism and I've seen a few stories about that as well.

Well i am part black from my fathers side of the family so yes i know mostly black people since i grew up in a black "ghetto" area, went to mostly black schools etc so i am familiar with how the "black community" is and overwhelmingly it is turning to Islam, at least in the inner city areas. And yes many black women have converted to Islam also and some i know wear full face covering now.

I also know several black families where converts to Islam like sons and grandsons argue with the elders who are strict Christians. In my friends childhood house the Muslims would have religious debates with the Christians all the time and some of the elders in the family would act surprised that so many young black men in their families and friends were coming out of jail Muslim. To them it was a new and surprising thing.

I have never heard of white men in UK prisons converting people to paganism and new age beliefs. It's just not a thing here so i don't know.

Hec.

There are Buddhist and Hare Krishna converts as this thread suggests. But there are also plenty of African American men converting to Christianity too.

What about African American women I notice the OP left the out.They must be atheist.

I don't know a single black person male or female who is atheist not a single one and all my life i have lived in predominantly black environments and i am also part black myself in my own family and nobody is atheist. All are deeply religious and it's usually Christianity or Islam. Even in US, Can you show me how many rappers or NBA players identify as atheist compared to the ones that identify as Muslim or Christian?

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Hundreds upon hundreds of black men i know of have come out of jail as Muslims. I can only think of 1 off the top of my head who became a born again Christian while locked up.

Even though the Nation of Islam is not seen as being a part of the real Islam, a lot of black men actually find their way to Islam via guys like Farrakhan and previously Malcolm X.

Why are black men turning to Islam in times of turmoil and not Christianity?

I think they turn to Islam more because Christianity is contained within Islam. To accept Islam one must also accept Christ and all the other Prophets. You don’t have to reject Jesus to become a Muslim.

Christians teaching people to reject other religions does not go down as well to the hearer who is told by Muslims instead to accept all and love all.

Exclusivity gives Christians a very bad name especially when they run down other religions. It reeks of lack of tolerance and distasteful prejudice.

Also, Muslims teach to worship God whereas Christians often worship the personality of Jesus and place Him above God or don’t distinguish between the two.

Muslims are very clear that to worship one God only us their foundation but Christians dabble into things like the trinity and there’s so many versions of Christianity, which is the true one? With the very confusing, disjointed and disunited view presented by Christians vs the worship one God only clear teaching of the Muslims it’s obvious that people seek clarity and not just more and more confusion which Christianity has now become.

These are just some of my thoughts but I believe there may be many other reasons. But the main one for me is Muslims teach to accept Jesus but Christians teach to reject Muhammad which to the hearer sounds unreasonable.

Hec.

Incarcerated men of all races are actually converting to a variety of different religions. The whole "black men only convert to Islam" is a stereotype.
It's not a stereotype though, I can show you hundreds of profiles of black men of all age ranges released from prison in the last year alone that came out and immediately changed their name to Arabic and said "love Allah", "Allah is first" and a lot of them do dawah too.

Tazarah

^An example of the sort of thinking mentioned in my post. Lol

I believe in the bible, I believe that Christ is the son of God, and that he died for my sins.

However — it is a known fact that white colonizers changed the image of Jesus to white, changed the gospel, and used their false image of white Jesus to justify the murder, rape, enslavement, genocide, etc., of millions of innocent people on multiple continents.

Tazarah

It's not a stereotype though, I can show you hundreds of profiles of black men of all age ranges released from prison in the last year alone that came out and immediately changed their name to Arabic and said "love Allah", "Allah is first" and a lot of them do dawah too.

Please, show us.

Kirran

Premium Member
How about Morgan Freeman for Pope.

Freeman-God-640x320.jpg

He has played God often enough.

Wouldn't that be a demotion then?

Hec.

Please, show us.
I really do have hundreds of social media profiles of black men who have recently touched down from prison as Muslim that i could show but it would take me a long time to dig them all up as well some of the profiles might be not public to everyone, etc

Here are some quick video examples of the same sort of thing i am referring to here in the UK. All of these guys have spent time in prison either before or around the time of their conversion btw

Here's the same thing in America

Tazarah

I really do have hundreds of social media profiles of black men who have recently touched down from prison as Muslim that i could show but it would take me a long time to dig them all up as well some of the profiles might be not public to everyone, etc

Here are some quick video examples of the same sort of thing i am referring to here in the UK. All of these guys have spent time in prison either before or around the time of their conversion btw

Here's the same thing in America

Riiiight... sure you do.

The only reason I can think of as to why they would convert to muslim is because they most likely grew up in christianity/catholocism while being told to worship a false white Jesus. That, and looking back into world history and seeing all of the evil things that have been done by colonizers who claimed to be “christians”, or acting in the name of Jesus. Colonialism really tarnished the image of christianity, especially for those who were affected by it the most. Black men can be christians, but will still be oppressed by their “christian” oppressors, so what good does it do them? Modern day christianity really is a sham. Almost all of it’s doctrines are man made and do not come from the bible.

Islam, on the other hand, identifies the causes of problems in the world and also provides solutions to the problems, and it provides a structure, or way of living that is in many ways beneficial to those who follow it.

I do not follow Islam, I am a believer of the bible, however, many of the dietary/social laws, etc., are very similar if not the exact same as in the bible. (For example, no eating pork, women covering their heads, no sex before marriage, etc.)

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hundreds upon hundreds of black men i know of have come out of jail as Muslims. I can only think of 1 off the top of my head who became a born again Christian while locked up.

Even though the Nation of Islam is not seen as being a part of the real Islam, a lot of black men actually find their way to Islam via guys like Farrakhan and previously Malcolm X.

Because they are black.

Kirran

Premium Member
Riiiight... sure you do.

The only reason I can think of as to why they would convert to muslim is because they most likely grew up in christianity/catholocism while being told to worship a false white Jesus. That, and looking back into world history and seeing all of the evil things that have been done by colonizers who claimed to be “christians”, or acting in the name of Jesus. Colonialism really tarnished the image of christianity, especially for those who were affected by it the most. Black men can be christians, but will still be oppressed by their “christian” oppressors, so what good does it do them? Modern day christianity really is a sham. Almost all of it’s doctrines are man made and do not come from the bible.

Islam, on the other hand, identifies the causes of problems in the world and also provides solutions to the problems, and it provides a structure, or way of living that is in many ways beneficial to those who follow it.

I do not follow Islam, I am a believer of the bible, however, many of the dietary/social laws, etc., are very similar if not the exact same as in the bible. (For example, no eating pork, women covering their heads, no sex before marriage, etc.)

Which religious or spiritual group is out there that you affiliate yourself with or sympathise with closely, HJ? Just to get a bit of a perspective on where you're coming from :)

Tazarah

Which religious or spiritual group is out there that you affiliate yourself with or sympathise with closely, HJ? Just to get a bit of a perspective on where you're coming from :)

Man created religion, God gave man the bible.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

It is curious--considering that Muslims considered darker-skinned peoples inferior, and went deeper into Africa then white men, to kidnap slaves to place them on boats to the West...

...But the truth is, many, many black men are trusting in Christ in prison. My dad runs a prison ministry, and people of all colors are trusting Christ for salvation while in jail.