• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do believers love God?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As for proof of after life, it's both in our guilt and feeling good about actions (depending), it's done in a way such that it has potential to take full form. We know our actions take form in our souls, but that we are hidden from even our own view, and actions have not taken full reality either by God's grace or justice (the latter would punishment through them).

We know God is reducing our evil deeds and covering and doing his best for us to defeat them.

People who don't witness their actions with respect to their final end, don't see God and have forgotten themselves, and have forgotten the way to be sure of God which is to know only he knows our actions and judges them and reveals them to us in slight degrees depending on our perception through the Imam of our time.

The light is living, morality is not conceptual, it's real living light guidance. Quran confirms the light and is light, but there is light within souls, and it warns when actions will take full reality.

The proper way evil actions will take on full form, is seen, and feared and guilt and shame warns of it. If we lost shame, then we lost our vision to see all this.

It's only people without shame that really deny hell.

KWED

Scratching head, scratching knee
Those appointed with authority are the Imams who are chosen by God. Not just anyone. They are named in Scriptures or Hadithes.
No one is "chosen by god" after Muhammad. He has ended his communication with us. It is referring to those appointed by Muhammad

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:
The Verse: "Obey Allah and Obey the Apostle and those of you (Muslims) who are in authority." (4.59) was revealed in connection with `Abdullah bin Hudhafa bin Qais bin `Adi' when the Prophet (ﷺ) appointed him as the commander of a Sariyya (army detachment).

"Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said: Whoever obeys me, obeys Allah, and whoever disobeys me, disobeys Allah. Whoever obeys my commander, obeys me, and whoever disobeys my commander, disobeys me."

KWED

This discussion would require quoting Quran and Hadith. I supposed would be suitable for another thread, with a subject like this: "does Islam allow establishment of a Religious Government by ordinary people?"
Start such a thread then. I'll see you there...

KWED

I do and it flew past you as usual.
You claimed that ISIS are "Not True Muslims" because you disagree with their interpretations and actions.
They would say the same about you, thus completely negating your point.
Please try and keep up.

(Interestingly, they would be able to defend their position by quoting scripture far easier than you can, as we have seen. They claim Allah and Muhammad meant what they said, you claim they didn't - or that no one but you knows what the Quran actually means :tearsofjoy:)

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You claimed that ISIS are "Not True Muslims" because you disagree with their interpretations and actions.
They would say the same about you, thus completely negating your point.
Please try and keep up.

(Interestingly, they would be able to defend their position by quoting scripture far easier than you can, as we have seen. They claim Allah and Muhammad meant what they said, you claim they didn't - or that no one but you knows what the Quran actually means :tearsofjoy:)

I didn't say that, I said their Islam is created by Obama. Maybe who knows, to you, he properly understands Islam better then me.

Their more linked to Obama interpretation then that of Mohammad (s), after all, the training and funding for them all started with Obama and he made sure they were "moderate" in understanding which to him, included them wanting to fight Hezbollah (after all that was the main purpose of them).

They're Muslims similar to how those who killed Imam Hussain (a) are Muslims and those bought out by money of Imam Hassan (a) and sought to kill him, are Muslims.

Muslim doesn't mean much in the context you use, of course, in the context of truly submitting to God, you can't prove they are that and probably know they aren't.

Last edited:

KWED

I didn't say that, I said their Islam is created by Obama. Maybe who knows, to you, he properly understands Islam better then me.
WTF are you on about? ISIS get their Islam straight from the Quran, sunnah and classical tafsir - unmodified by modernist revisionism. They don't care that the world has moved on and now finds things like slavery, torture, using captives for sex, executing prisoners, etc, abhorrent. They simply point to scripture and say "If it was ok by Allah and Muhammad, it's ok by us".

As brother @muhammad_isa keeps telling us, whatever gods says is ok, is ok. It is not our place to question it, especially not by using today's morality.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
WTF are you on about? ISIS get their Islam straight from the Quran, sunnah and classical tafsir - unmodified by modernist revisionism. They don't care that the world has moved on and now finds things like slavery, torture, using captives for sex, executing prisoners, etc, abhorrent. They simply point to scripture and say "If it was ok by Allah and Muhammad, it's ok by us".

As brother @muhammad_isa keeps telling us, whatever gods says is ok, is ok. It is not our place to question it, especially not by using today's morality.

Yeah same how British Wahabi funded Islam got their interpretation from Quran and Sunnah. Quran and Sunnah as taught by Western imperialist Agendas.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
1. What is "British Wahabi funded Islam", and what do they get wrong?

:tearsofjoy:

Saudi Arabia was established through them. And they teach for example that God has limbs like face, hands, feet, tongue, fingers, literally (not metaphorically).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
So you would rather there was no afterlife?
I have mixed feelings about the afterlife. I guess I would rather there is one but every time I think about being there and living forever I cringe in spite of the promises of my religion (see below).
So why do you believe there is one?
Mainly because of what my religion teaches, and there is other evidence.

“O My servants! Sorrow not if, in these days and on this earthly plane, things contrary to your wishes have been ordained and manifested by God, for days of blissful joy, of heavenly delight, are assuredly in store for you. Worlds, holy and spiritually glorious, will be unveiled to your eyes. You are destined by Him, in this world and hereafter, to partake of their benefits, to share in their joys, and to obtain a portion of their sustaining grace. To each and every one of them you will, no doubt, attain.”
Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 329

None of those apply to your belief in the existence of an afterlife.
One of them does apply.

Definition of know

2a: to be aware of the truth or factuality of : be convinced or certain of
Definition of KNOW