• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do believe Quran is word of God?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You don't need to prove here Quran is the Word of God in this thread. So, no worries!

But, I am interested to know, from those who believe in the Quran, why do you believe in it? What do you see in it, that makes you believe it is from God?

Why dont you think these verses or Surrahs are works of human, that claim to be from God?

So the debate here is, if your reasoning is logical and fair, or it is just that you wish to believe it, or keep it, because you inherited this belief from your forefathers.
Each one who read a Holy scripture be it Quran, Bible or other texts will have their own understanding of the texts being truth or not. And even if many people see the Quran as true teaching from God, many who read it will think it is just wrong, evil or false.
So discussion will seldom lead to a result everyone can see as right. Religious practices is a personal practice, if others disbelieve so be it.

InvestigateTruth

Each one who read a Holy scripture be it Quran, Bible or other texts will have their own understanding of the texts being truth or not. And even if many people see the Quran as true teaching from God, many who read it will think it is just wrong, evil or false.
So discussion will seldom lead to a result everyone can see as right. Religious practices is a personal practice, if others disbelieve so be it.
Yes, so the question is for those who believe in it, why do they? What do they see in it that makes them believe in it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The question is what do you see in the Quranic teachings that you believe it to be truth?

Can you please give some examples how you were changed fully better when seeing truth in Quran
That I am the one who have do do all the changes to become a better human being, God gave the teaching but i am the one doing what is asked of me.
God dont change me to the better, through the teaching my effort is.

That is what the Qur'an says, to focus inward, and not critique others

InvestigateTruth

That I am the one who have do do all the changes to become a better human being, God gave the teaching but i am the one doing what is asked of me.

Ok, would you be able to quote some verses from Quran that says such things you posted?

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Me, no I haven't.
One may like to read it. It is not a voluminous Book/Recitation and gives reasons and arguments and is with systems like it should be, if one understands it correctly. Right friend, please?
After all it is authored by G-d and is direct Converse of G-d with Muhammad the Messenger and through him the whole of humanity as it reasonably claims. Right friend, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Conscious thoughts said:

Ok, would you be able to quote some verses from Quran that says such things you posted?
Our friend @Conscious thoughts did not remember to quote verses of Quran. I want to help him in this connection. Self-purification is one of the primary goal of the believer:

[29:6] مَنۡ کَانَ یَرۡجُوۡا لِقَآءَ اللّٰہِ فَاِنَّ اَجَلَ اللّٰہِ لَاٰتٍ ؕ وَ ہُوَ السَّمِیۡعُ الۡعَلِیۡمُ ﴿۶﴾
Whoso hopes to meet Allah, let him be prepared for it, for Allah’s appointed time is certainly coming. And He is the All-Hearing, the All-knowing.
[29:7] وَ مَنۡ جَاہَدَ فَاِنَّمَا یُجَاہِدُ لِنَفۡسِہٖ ؕ اِنَّ اللّٰہَ لَغَنِیٌّ عَنِ الۡعٰلَمِیۡنَ ﴿۷﴾
And whoso strives, strives only for his own soul; verily Allah is Independent of all creatures.
[29:8] وَ الَّذِیۡنَ اٰمَنُوۡا وَ عَمِلُوا الصّٰلِحٰتِ لَنُکَفِّرَنَّ عَنۡہُمۡ سَیِّاٰتِہِمۡ وَ لَنَجۡزِیَنَّہُمۡ اَحۡسَنَ الَّذِیۡ کَانُوۡا یَعۡمَلُوۡنَ ﴿۸﴾
And as to those who believe and do good works, We shall surely remove from them their evils, and We shall surely give them the best reward of their works.
OOO
Right, please?

Regards

(5:35:9) wajāhidū and strive hard اتَّقُوا اللَّهَ وَابْتَغُوا إِلَيْهِ الْوَسِيلَةَ وَجَاهِدُوا فِي سَبِيلِهِ
(22:78:1) wajāhidū And strive وَجَاهِدُوا فِي اللَّهِ حَقَّ جِهَادِهِ
(25:52:4) wajāhid'hum and strive (against) them فَلَا تُطِعِ الْكَافِرِينَ وَجَاهِدْهُمْ بِهِ جِهَادًا كَبِيرًا
(29:6:4) yujāhidu he strives وَمَنْ جَاهَدَ فَإِنَّمَا يُجَاهِدُ لِنَفْسِهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَغَنِيٌّ عَنِ الْعَالَمِينَ
(29:8:6) jāhadāka they both strive against you وَإِنْ جَاهَدَاكَ لِتُشْرِكَ بِي مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِ عِلْمٌ فَلَا تُطِعْهُمَا
(29:69:2) jāhadū strive وَالَّذِينَ جَاهَدُوا فِينَا لَنَهْدِيَنَّهُمْ سُبُلَنَا

syo

One may like to read it. It is not a voluminous Book/Recitation and gives reasons and arguments and is with systems like it should be, if one understands it correctly. Right friend, please?
After all it is authored by G-d and is direct Converse of G-d with Muhammad the Messenger and through him the whole of humanity as it reasonably claims. Right friend, please?

Regards
I've read a few chapters and they were truly the word of God. I have not read till the end. I read a paragraph and I need time to understand it. But so far, the chapters I read were truly God's. They speak the truth.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You don't need to prove here Quran is the Word of God in this thread. So, no worries!

But, I am interested to know, from those who believe in the Quran, why do you believe in it? What do you see in it, that makes you believe it is from God?

Why dont you think these verses or Surrahs are works of human, that claim to be from God?

So the debate here is, if your reasoning is logical and fair, or it is just that you wish to believe it, or keep it, because you inherited this belief from your forefathers.

I believe as a person knowing God well and how He speaks that He is recognizable as the author of the Qu'ran. Also while reading the text the Holy Spirit did not deny the text but helped solve the apparent contradictions with the Bible.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I believe as a person knowing God well and how He speaks that He is recognizable as the author of the Qu'ran. Also while reading the text the Holy Spirit did not deny the text but helped solve the apparent contradictions with the Bible.
A great answer :)