• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do believe Quran is word of God?

InvestigateTruth

You don't need to prove here Quran is the Word of God in this thread. So, no worries!

But, I am interested to know, from those who believe in the Quran, why do you believe in it? What do you see in it, that makes you believe it is from God?

Why dont you think these verses or Surrahs are works of human, that claim to be from God?

So the debate here is, if your reasoning is logical and fair, or it is just that you wish to believe it, or keep it, because you inherited this belief from your forefathers.

You don't need to prove here Quran is the Word of God in this thread. So, no worries!

But, I am interested to know, from those who believe in the Quran, why do you believe in it? What do you see in it, that makes you believe it is from God?

Why dont you think these verses or Surrahs are works of human, that claim to be from God?

So the debate here is, if your reasoning is logical and fair, or it is just that you wish to believe it, or keep it, because you inherited this belief from your forefathers.
I believe in the Qur'an because in comparison to other works from the time and place and really the whole world and history up to that point, it really seems to stand apart in its style and even its claims. It also stands apart from things which came after it.

If anything, it an amazing work of "science fiction" written in a "first person" "mockumentary" type style where it pretends to be God speaking to Muhammed or whatever, not usually how things were written.

Furthermore, it talks about weird things all at once, and does so while rhyming and in a rhythmic style that makes it seem like a song or poetry, all the while its content is of a different nature, and it manages even to be rather humorous.

Its an anomaly of a text, and one can easily visit my "Great Library" on this website and access numerous religious texts and scriptures to see how vast the difference is compared to recitation of the Qur'an (by Mishary) with translation in English of the Rhyming and musical Arabic verses.

No one in the past was really expected to be so creative and bold as to pretend to be an alien and write an entire book as an alien and create a movement that ended up conquering much of the known world and its wealth, based largely around this scripture that pretty convincingly pretends to be a rather callous non-human intelligence communicating to people that it looks down upon in just the right sort of way, not too over the top with hatred like the Bible verses, and not too loving either which would both smell a lot more like human invention.

A sham so sophisticated is simply not expected to come out from Arabia or wherever at the time, and one can compare it to the writing which came even hundreds of years after it which still have a completely different tone and style, and seems utterly human in comparison.

So, the writer or reciter of and author of the Qur'an makes the claim that the verses of the Recitation (which is what the Qur'an means, or "The Lecture") are not from a human being or human source, but a non-human extra-terrestrial source, and does so pretty darn convincingly, discussing things in a strange fashion which was not typical at all for any scripture or religious writings of the time nor really very deeply consistent with how one might imagine a person of the time might be expected to a think that a God should speak.

So, its creativity is quite literally "out of this world" for its literary style and its performance of this "Alien" character for the entire length of the book.

The only proper way to read it is as it was intended to be read, as the words of an extra-terrestrial non-human being. If one does not read it in this this way, they are missing out on a major aspect of the performance, as it was never intended to be read or understood as the words of an actual human being of any sort, but a non-human intelligence that was from before the Earth was formed or mankind was brought up and dealing with the particular message from this intelligence to short-lived creatures which are its creation and entirely unlike itself.

If you read it like that, its a whole other experience:
www.islamawakened.com/quran has the whole Qur'an in numerous translations for every verse. If one finds a preferable translation, there are websites that provide the Qur'an in easier to read formats or free pdf files, and people can also order free copies of the Qur'an or otherwise pay for certain translations (and I recommend that people also play with reading and reciting or at least noticing the Transliteration and maybe hearing Mishary on Youtube recite the Qur'an by searching for "Mishary Qur'an recitation with english translation" or something).

I also recommend that people drop their bias and prejudice, and actually compare the writing and style and translations and content choices to other scriptures, many of which they can find here at my thread on this website:
THE GREAT LIBRARY OF (COMPARITIVE) RELIGIOUS SCRIPTURES! 1 verse at a time!

One can see then, that the claims made by the Qur'an differ greatly than the other scriptures regarding the actual content itself, and the style also differs, as the Qur'an in Arabic is a rhyming and rhythmic text which while sounding like a song or poetry is full of all sorts of topics that songs or poetry don't usually cover, and in a way that is very unusual in the history of literature up until that time and even afterwards.

If one doesn't understand the Qur'an as "at the very least" a book that is "trying to pretend to be" an imitation of a extra-terrestrial or pre-terrestrial non-human intelligence, they are definitely reading it wrong.

It says it is authored by a non-human and is to be read as a book that is at least pretending to be authored by a non-human, which may have been authored by a non-human, and according to real and true Muslims was indeed authored by a non-human. It should be the opinion of those who do not believe that it was authored by a non-human, that it at least is very clearly pretending to be such and so for the fullest experience of reading it or listening to it as it was intended to be read, it should be acknowledged that it is supposed to be read as a non-human intelligence communicating with Muhammed and mankind.

Friend @DagonVarunaMitraApolloZan

Did one read Quran from cover to cover, please?
If yes, in what language, the text in Arabic language or its translation by whom, please?

Regards

I've read the entire Qur'an in English. I don't understand Arabic, but I look into the Arabic and study the words, and have had the entire Qur'an read to me in Arabic repeatedly since childhood, as well as English.

I have read the complete translations of Pickthall, Yusuf Ali, Shakir, and probably others, they can all be accessed here at www.islamawakened.com/quran but at home it was Pickthall that was mostly read to me and which I read, Yusuf Ali was the translation used in my transliterated Qur'an which had a transliteration of the Arabic in Roman Text, and Shakir I encountered on a website that used to have the three translations together of Pickthall, Yusuf Ali, Shakir, which I used a lot online, until I discovered this www.islamawakened.com/quran which has the most translations and resources all together for every verse and exposed me to a lot of translations I had never even heard of, and when I quote the Qur'an I mix and match these or change words from one or the other to make them say what I prefer in the way I prefer. For the Bible, I like a similar website with numerous translations and resources put together called Bible Hub or www.biblehub.cc or something.

I believe all religous text are on because they are religous, and there is no such thing as conflicting or competing religions in all truism.

Have you compared them carefully though?

The Qur'an is one of the few that actually seems to make the claim that it is the word of God from God, whereas the other scriptures or things considered scripture don't actually seem to make such a claim usually and have a different style as well.

MonkeyFire

The Qur'an is one of the few that actually seems to make the claim that it is the word of God from God, whereas the other scriptures or things considered scripture don't actually seem to make such a claim usually and have a different style as well.

How does faith work? It's kind of funny that the so called bible would leave out the metaphysics (mechanics) of faith. Faith in truth and hope are distinct feelings of happiness and life, like a intuitive conviction.

FAITH itself of can't know its own ending. When FAITH knows it is the ending.

Last edited:

Skywalker

I believe in the Qur'an because in comparison to other works from the time and place and really the whole world and history up to that point, it really seems to stand apart in its style and even its claims. It also stands apart from things which came after it.

If anything, it an amazing work of "science fiction" written in a "first person" "mockumentary" type style where it pretends to be God speaking to Muhammed or whatever, not usually how things were written.

Furthermore, it talks about weird things all at once, and does so while rhyming and in a rhythmic style that makes it seem like a song or poetry, all the while its content is of a different nature, and it manages even to be rather humorous.

Its an anomaly of a text, and one can easily visit my "Great Library" on this website and access numerous religious texts and scriptures to see how vast the difference is compared to recitation of the Qur'an (by Mishary) with translation in English of the Rhyming and musical Arabic verses.

No one in the past was really expected to be so creative and bold as to pretend to be an alien and write an entire book as an alien and create a movement that ended up conquering much of the known world and its wealth, based largely around this scripture that pretty convincingly pretends to be a rather callous non-human intelligence communicating to people that it looks down upon in just the right sort of way, not too over the top with hatred like the Bible verses, and not too loving either which would both smell a lot more like human invention.

A sham so sophisticated is simply not expected to come out from Arabia or wherever at the time, and one can compare it to the writing which came even hundreds of years after it which still have a completely different tone and style, and seems utterly human in comparison.

So, the writer or reciter of and author of the Qur'an makes the claim that the verses of the Recitation (which is what the Qur'an means, or "The Lecture") are not from a human being or human source, but a non-human extra-terrestrial source, and does so pretty darn convincingly, discussing things in a strange fashion which was not typical at all for any scripture or religious writings of the time nor really very deeply consistent with how one might imagine a person of the time might be expected to a think that a God should speak.

So, its creativity is quite literally "out of this world" for its literary style and its performance of this "Alien" character for the entire length of the book.

The only proper way to read it is as it was intended to be read, as the words of an extra-terrestrial non-human being. If one does not read it in this this way, they are missing out on a major aspect of the performance, as it was never intended to be read or understood as the words of an actual human being of any sort, but a non-human intelligence that was from before the Earth was formed or mankind was brought up and dealing with the particular message from this intelligence to short-lived creatures which are its creation and entirely unlike itself.

If you read it like that, its a whole other experience:
www.islamawakened.com/quran has the whole Qur'an in numerous translations for every verse. If one finds a preferable translation, there are websites that provide the Qur'an in easier to read formats or free pdf files, and people can also order free copies of the Qur'an or otherwise pay for certain translations (and I recommend that people also play with reading and reciting or at least noticing the Transliteration and maybe hearing Mishary on Youtube recite the Qur'an by searching for "Mishary Qur'an recitation with english translation" or something).

I also recommend that people drop their bias and prejudice, and actually compare the writing and style and translations and content choices to other scriptures, many of which they can find here at my thread on this website:
THE GREAT LIBRARY OF (COMPARITIVE) RELIGIOUS SCRIPTURES! 1 verse at a time!

One can see then, that the claims made by the Qur'an differ greatly than the other scriptures regarding the actual content itself, and the style also differs, as the Qur'an in Arabic is a rhyming and rhythmic text which while sounding like a song or poetry is full of all sorts of topics that songs or poetry don't usually cover, and in a way that is very unusual in the history of literature up until that time and even afterwards.

If one doesn't understand the Qur'an as "at the very least" a book that is "trying to pretend to be" an imitation of a extra-terrestrial or pre-terrestrial non-human intelligence, they are definitely reading it wrong.

It says it is authored by a non-human and is to be read as a book that is at least pretending to be authored by a non-human, which may have been authored by a non-human, and according to real and true Muslims was indeed authored by a non-human. It should be the opinion of those who do not believe that it was authored by a non-human, that it at least is very clearly pretending to be such and so for the fullest experience of reading it or listening to it as it was intended to be read, it should be acknowledged that it is supposed to be read as a non-human intelligence communicating with Muhammed and mankind.

I don't believe the Koran because the stories of Jesus are taken from the infancy gospel of Thomas.

InvestigateTruth

I don't believe the Koran because the stories of Jesus are taken from the infancy gospel of Thomas.
Can you give some examples?

Show some examples from The gospel of Thomas, and some verses of Quran, which are the same or similar.
I am interested to see this

InvestigateTruth

That is just the mode of revelation .
God spoke directly to Moses, that is why Torah, is written in a way to demonstrate the conversation between God and Moses, and then, Moses to His people.
But that is essentially making claim to be from God. When you see what God said to Moses, it is claiming that is what God told to Moses. Quran, is written mostly as if an angel brings message from God to Muhammad.
As regards to Jesus, He is the Word of God. Meaning, whatever Jesus Himself said, is the Word of God.
Jesus is called the Word in Quran. God spoke directly to Moses, confirmed in the Quran.

InvestigateTruth

Both the Quran and the infancy gospel of Thomas talking about Jesus making clay birds alive.
Yes, this is referenced in Wikipedia.

Infancy Gospel of Thomas - Wikipedia

What do you think @firedragon about this?

There is another gospel, different from the 4 gospels. It is called infancy gospel of Thomas.

It has a story, which is also in the Quran.

@Skywalker says, Quran copied from this gospel a story about Jesus making clay birds alive.
Makes sense to you, doesn't it. I mean, if we go by historical methods, where else Muhammad got this from?

InvestigateTruth

Both the Quran and the infancy gospel of Thomas talking about Jesus making clay birds alive.
Yes, but Muhammad did not study infant Gospel of Thomas. The only way He knew those details was through His own innate knowledge, which was the knowledge of God. So, we now know, there are at least some truth in the infant gospel of Thomas.

Skywalker

Yes, but Muhammad did not study infant Gospel of Thomas. The only way He knew those details was through His own innate knowledge, which was the knowledge of God. So, we now know, there are at least some truth in the infant gospel of Thomas.

Do you think that there is truth in the injil?