• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Americans Hate Democracy?

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm sorry for that. It seems to me that poor drug addicts are easier to spot than a rich ones. It's a shame. My advice to everyone is stop using drugs. They benefit no one. Stop committing crimes, and you will be blessed.

Especially when that's all anyone is looking for.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Yes, and that's what I'll keep looking for until I see that it is no longer true.

Why? Why just look for poor people using drugs? People of all incomes use drugs.

All I have seen from you is finger pointing. This "look at them, look what they do isn't it horrible" type of attitude. Never bothering to realize that it isn't "just them", nor it is "all of them" or "only them". You won't listen, you don't pay attention, you don't seem to want to. Your stance, your ideas, come off as very racist and so do you. I feel bad for you that you live with that mindset. You are truly limited, but only by yourself.

Sonofason

Why? Why just look for poor people using drugs? People of all incomes use drugs.

All I have seen from you is finger pointing. This "look at them, look what they do isn't it horrible" type of attitude. Never bothering to realize that it isn't "just them", nor it is "all of them" or "only them". You won't listen, you don't pay attention, you don't seem to want to. Your stance, your ideas, come off as very racist and so do you. I feel bad for you that you live with that mindset. You are truly limited, but only by yourself.

Yeah, but the rich ones can afford to buy more.

Draka

Wonder Woman
Obviously not. Because, we should all know, I guess, that a poor person shouldn't suffer from stress, depression or addiction like a richer person does. Even given the fact that they have the extra burden of poorness upon them to deal with. Nope, just suck it up and deal with it you damn poor people. Who the hell do you think you are? I mean, we all know that poor people who even dare to smoke a joint must then immediately run out and hold up a 7-11 to afford that joint. It's just what poor people do. Oh, that and be black of course.

gnomon

We don't have much left of it, so I think it must be fair to conclude we hate it. Why is that?
Because we are not a democracy.

I get tired of explaining this.

I really wish people would study up on the concept of what a democracy is as opposed to a representative republic. Looking at the numerous so called "democracies" established in South America as well as the original democracy, and very corrupt democracy, established in South Korea post WWII and how the U.S. was able to expand, adapt and develop as a Republic would perhaps lead people to stop asking such questions.

Equating democracy with freedom is a foolish notion. It has nothing to with any true political discussion. It has nothing to do with history. Even Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Napolean, Montisquieu understood the difference between a free Republic and the dangers of a Democracy.

Get it! Understand it! Ask the right questions.

The so called U.S. democracy, even with all our current failings, stands light years ahead of other democracies in the world because.......we are not a Democracy!

Good god. All of you trying to adapt the philosophical concept can fellate yourselves. Because you are not contributing to the discussion. Only adding fuel to a dismal pyre.

Edit: I'm back. And I absolutely despise the new layout of vbulletin if this is what this still is. A pox on you all!

Seriously....wtf. This will take some getting used to. Anyway............whatever.

Last edited:

Sonofason

Obviously not. Because, we should all know, I guess, that a poor person shouldn't suffer from stress, depression or addiction like a richer person does. Even given the fact that they have the extra burden of poorness upon them to deal with. Nope, just suck it up and deal with it you damn poor people. Who the hell do you think you are? I mean, we all know that poor people who even dare to smoke a joint must then immediately run out and hold up a 7-11 to afford that joint. It's just what poor people do. Oh, that and be black of course.
Depravity may indeed be a motivating factor, a cause if you will, to commit sins and crimes; however, it is not a valid excuse. It is not a justification. It is the depraved continuing in depravity.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm glad we are not a Democracy, can you imagine 51% of the people enslaving the other49%?
Imagine it?
I think I'm witnessing it becoming reality.

It makes me feel the way this guy looks....
3939.jpg

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
What?

I live in America, we are a Republic and not a Democracy. I like a Republic with States Rights, local control, over a Democracy.

I like a republic too....but this focus on states rights is ill-place IMO...The policies that affect the average person stem directly from the state. State governments can be some of the most suppressive and oppressive governments over the people. The federal government doesn't get a pass either but thinking that states are any better is a bit naive...

Last edited:

Levite

Higher and Higher
We don't have much left of it, so I think it must be fair to conclude we hate it. Why is that?

We're short-sighted. We're under-educated. We have consistently handed power over to corporations-- usually the very corporations that work to keep us in debt slavery for low wages, insufficient social benefits, and crumbling infrastructure.

We have, for the most part, been bought off with bread and circuses-- usually more circuses than bread.

We don't hate democracy: we're not educated and comprehending enough to hate democracy. We have allowed America to devolve into an oligarchy of the plutocrats and corporations because it was the path of least resistance, and we were too busy watching "reality TV" and letting FOX News send us into tizzies over the gay agenda (apparently wanting peaceful domestic lives free of abuse is "an agenda") or the Mexicans coming to ruin our economy (maybe by picking too much fruit or mowing too many of our lawns??) or them A-rab terrorists a-comin' to git us and take our freedom.

It's just sad, is what it is. To think this is the country founded on people who read Thomas Paine and The Federalist Papers....

Alas, how the mighty have fallen.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
I like a republic too....but this focus on states rights is ill-place IMO...The policies that affect the average person stem directly from the state. State governments can be some of the most suppressive and oppressive governments over the people. The federal government doesn't get a pass either but thinking that states are any better is a bit naive...
All good points, but you can move to another state more to your liking.

The reason I support State Rights is because I don't want a "One size fits all" country. People are different and having different places with different rules can accommodate those differences.