• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why do Abrahamics disagree over so-called prophets and prophesies?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
If you want to know who's stupid, it's the buffoons who run around half naked with no shoes shooting everyone they see on sight.

...Do you really think it's okay to shoot random people? Or are you viewing them as nothing more than primates, living wild on an island just like any other wild animal?
What a disgusting racist outburst. They have the right to defend their land from invaders. Or do you believe in open borders? :rolleyes: They have made it clear that they wish to be left alone. He was warned and knew the risks. He chose to be full of hubris and carry on, regardless. So he got what was coming to him. Do you realize he could've spread diseases they have no immunity to? Those "savages", as you viciously referred to them as, are probably much more content than most in our declining cultures of materialistic zombies. Their way of life was here before ours and it will exist long after ours is gone. They're the smart ones in this scenario.

Cooky

Veteran Member
What a disgusting racist outburst. They have the right to defend their land from invaders. Or do you believe in open borders? :rolleyes: They have made it clear that they wish to be left alone. He was warned and knew the risks. He chose to be full of hubris and carry on, regardless. So he got what was coming to him. Do you realize he could've spread diseases they have no immunity to? Those "savages", as you viciously referred to them as, are probably much more content than most in our declining cultures of materialistic zombies. Their way of life was here before ours and it will exist long after ours is gone. They're the smart ones in this scenario.

How to leave an embarrassing situation GIF:
tenor-5.gif

Cooky

Veteran Member
Yes, you've embarrassed yourself enough here and elsewhere.

Yes, I know I have. That's why I posted the Gif. :oops: I've been a fool. And there's nothing I can do to take it back -so I'll have to carry that guilt with me upon my shoulders.

Have a swell day,
Landon. :oops:

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I know you don't like me.

Who said I disliked you? I just dislike stupid comments one of which you've made.

I wrote that Mohammed taught that Jews had falsified their holy books.

Yes he taught this based on Quranic scripture.

I also wrote nothing of 2018 or the like.

I literally said "modern post Judaic events" that means the traditions after Moses and Christian events after Jesus. Literally the oral traditions that have been altered and the text that have been altered. Now I understand textually scholars disagree but this is up for debate but it is commonly understood that oral traditions have been changed THIS IS WHERE THE DISAGREEMENT BEGINS.

Last edited:

Flankerl

Literally the oral traditions that have been altered and the text that have been altered

Says who?
Some Arab Warlord who got various things wrong of both Judaism and Christianity?
Who included some Midrashim from Jewish travellers and thought they were part of normative Jewish theology?

Now I understand textually scholars disagree but this is up for debate but it is commonly understood that oral traditions have been changed

Up for debate? We have the Qumran scrolls, the gig is up. Mohammed lied.

And no it is not commonly understood. Maybe in Muslim circles, but that's about it.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Because humans are seemingly inherently hubristic and the need to be "right" seems to be at the forefront of religious debate.
Dharmics suffer from this problem too but are perhaps a little more "polite" about it. They will argue till blue in the face who is right, which rituals are best at which time and bicker endlessly about sacred. But the undercurrent of "what is just is" eventually elicits a sort of agreeing to disagree scenario.
The more hardcore subset of both paradigms will still argue long afterwards.
I don't know if I can really say one group does X more than the other. Just because of the sheer number of organisations which aim to be the middlemen/peacekeepers among the religious that continuously spring up.
Though I much prefer their company in all honesty.
A fan is always preferable to a fanatic.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
If you want to know who's stupid, it's the buffoons who run around half naked with no shoes shooting everyone they see on sight.

...Do you really think it's okay to shoot random people? Or are you viewing them as nothing more than primates, living wild on an island just like any other wild animal?
This is a good example of ethnocentric racism. It's exactly this sort of imposition of Western standards of modesty and culture on other peoples that we are trying to protect these people from.

And they weren't shooting random people. They were shooting invaders who were a threat to their way of life.

Cooky

Veteran Member
This is a good example of ethnocentric racism. It's exactly this sort of imposition of Western standards of modesty and culture on other peoples that we are trying to protect these people from.

I do believe that some cultures are inferior, and that others are just plain better.

...And yes, I've noticed that prominant media heads have been calling the missionary an "invader". Obviously I disagree with that. I'm opposed to violence all across the board, regardless of 'who'.

Last edited by a moderator:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I do believe that some cultures are inferior, and that others are just plain better.

...And yes, I've noticed that prominant media heads have been calling the missionary an "invader". Obviously I disagree with that. I'm opposed to violence all across the board, regardless of 'who'.
I don't believe that all cultures are equal. However, I am still opposed in general to people imposing their culture on others who do not wish it. These missionaries were not welcome. They were told they were not welcome. They were warned not to go there. They went anyway. They were idiots who got exactly what was expected. We call this a Darwin Award.

I am not opposed to violence for self defense. Sometimes barbarians come over the hill to kill you, rape your women, enslave your children, and take your land. Colonization is a soft version of this.

Shad

Veteran Member

Ironic isn't it. A small group of primitives on an isolated island can defend their border to the point of murder, and praised for it, yet nation-states are blasted over vetting....

Last edited:

ajay0

It is mainly due to a culture of violence and intolerance, that probably started with the Judaic religion due to the warlike conditions of its past.

Jesus tried to put a stop to it, with his teachings of nonviolence and love, but the past momentum was too much for his efforts. It still toned down the culture and made it more tolerant and nonviolent than in former times.

In India, I would credit Buddha and Mahavira for creating a culture of nonviolence and tolerance to a large extent. Priestly tyranny in Hinduism perpetuated the caste system in India even when it became irrevalent with changing times and conditions, and consequently it has resulted in human rights violations and conflict amongst castes in India at present.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
The term "Abrahamic religions" should be replaced by just "religions". Also, it purposely excludes Zoroastrianism, which has ties to Judaism.

Zoroastrianism is excluded because Abraham is not regarded as a sacred figure in our doctrine. That's the main thing that groups Judaism, Christianity & Islam together; the high position of each respective interpretation of Abraham in each respective religion. There's also the issue of the claims of succession; specifically that Christianity claims to succeed Judaism, that Islam claims to succeed them both and that Judaism flatly rejects this.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Like we just want to be left alone by them.
I find that to be a bit disingenuous since Judaism calls on Jews to be a light to all the nations and the Jewish people are likely the one ethnicity that has most influenced the world, no matter how one may feel about that influence. Your very religion teaches that Jews are not just another people, but are very special and to have a great impact on the world. Well, you have. No, that doesn't excuse how Jews were treated. But you're still here and very powerful at the moment, so I suppose things mostly turned out for the best for your people despite the horrors of the past.

rosends

I find that to be a bit disingenuous since Judaism calls on Jews to be a light to all the nations and the Jewish people are likely the one ethnicity that has most influenced the world, no matter how one may feel about that influence. Your very religion teaches that Jews are not just another people, but are very special and to have a great impact on the world. Well, you have. No, that doesn't excuse how Jews were treated. But you're still here and very powerful at the moment, so I suppose things mostly turned out for the best for your people despite the horrors of the past.
Jews want to be left alone. We aim to serve as a light to the nations simply through how we choose to act within the scope of our practicing our religion. But we do not try to impose ourselves into the lives of others. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Jews want to be left alone. We aim to serve as a light to the nations simply through how we choose to act within the scope of our practicing our religion. But we do not try to impose ourselves into the lives of others. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.
No one should be imposing themselves on others but Jews have had a huge influence on the world. If you mean left alone by not being forced to join another religion, I agree. We all should be left alone in that way. Otherwise, I'm not sure how you mean it.