• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why Didn't God Leave Huge Quantities of Secular Evidence For Jesus?

SeekingAllTruth

No, the "suffering servant" was not about Jesus. It was about Israel. And no, Jesus was almost certainly not born in Bethlehem. Why would he have been born there?
Because Matthew wanted him to come from the same city as David--Jesus will inherit David's throne--and Matthew saw the Micah 5:2 verse mention Bethlehem-Ephrate and most important, the part "Out of you will come a ruler..." and that just rang Matthew's chimes. He immediately worked it into the nativity part of his story as you said. Then because all heroes of dying rising god myths have to be threatened by an evil ruler and flee into a foreign land, Matthew fishes around in the OT and comes upon Jeremiah 31:15 and Hosea 11:1

“A voice is heard in Ramah,
mourning and great weeping,
Rachel weeping for her children
and refusing to be comforted,
because they are no more.”

And

“When Israel was a child, I loved him,
and out of Egypt I called my son.

and voila! We have Herod the evil king and the slaughter of the innocents trying to kill Jesus and Jesus fleeing to Egypt and then going back to Nazareth. Doesn't matter to Matthew that none of this has anything to do with Jesus or a Messiah. All Matthew was interested in doing was trying to con his readers by hook or crook into believing Jesus was the Messiah prophesied in the OT .

SeekingAllTruth

There isn't evidence that they wove their storyline into the prophecies. Those who say that believe in other interpretations of the Old Testament, which don't have any more proof. Jewish Christian - Wikipedia
I said before there isn't any evidence that's what the gospel writers did. We don't have a smoking gun. But it just common sense that that's what we see happening. We have no evidence the OT scriptures prophesy Jesus either. It's just what Christians have been taught. Chicken or egg, remember?

Skywalker

I said before there isn't any evidence that's what the gospel writers did. We don't have a smoking gun. But it just common sense that that's what we see happening. We have no evidence the OT scriptures prophesy Jesus either. It's just what Christians have been taught. Chicken or egg, remember?

There isn't evidence that Christians wove their story line into the prophecies because they have just as much proof as the other interpretations. Jesus was a rational teacher and had no signs of mental illness. Jewish Christian - Wikipedia

Most of Jesus's teachings were intelligible and acceptable in terms of Second Temple Judaism; what set Christians apart from Jews was their faith in Christ as the resurrected messiah.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There isn't evidence that Christians wove their story line into the prophecies because they have just as much proof as the other interpretations. Jesus was a rational teacher and had no signs of mental illness. Jewish Christian - Wikipedia
There isn't evidence that Christians wove their story line into the prophecies if you ignore all of the evidence that says that they did so. Followed by a non sequitur. Why?

Skywalker

Because Matthew wanted him to come from the same city as David--Jesus will inherit David's throne--and Matthew saw the Micah 5:2 verse mention Bethlehem-Ephrate and most important, the part "Out of you will come a ruler..." and that just rang Matthew's chimes. He immediately worked it into the nativity part of his story as you said. Then because all heroes of dying rising god myths have to be threatened by an evil ruler and flee into a foreign land, Matthew fishes around in the OT and comes upon Jeremiah 31:15 and Hosea 11:1

“A voice is heard in Ramah,
mourning and great weeping,
Rachel weeping for her children
and refusing to be comforted,
because they are no more.”

And

“When Israel was a child, I loved him,
and out of Egypt I called my son.

and voila! We have Herod the evil king and the slaughter of the innocents trying to kill Jesus and Jesus fleeing to Egypt and then going back to Nazareth. Doesn't matter to Matthew that none of this has anything to do with Jesus or a Messiah. All Matthew was interested in doing was trying to con his readers by hook or crook into believing Jesus was the Messiah prophesied in the OT .

Many parallels with dying and rising gods and Jesus are exaggerated. That parallel could be a coincidence. The story of Harry Potter involves Harry being threatened by Voldemort and hidden but that doesn't mean that it's based off of the Bible. Is Jesus a myth? Is Jesus just a copy of the pagan gods of other ancient religions? | GotQuestions.org

If one thing precedes another, some conclude that the first thing must have caused the second. This is the fallacy of the false cause. A rooster may crow before the sunrise every morning, but that does not mean the rooster causes the sun to rise. Even if pre-Christian accounts of mythological gods closely resembled Christ (and they do not), it does not mean they caused the Gospel writers to invent a false Jesus. Making such a claim is akin to saying the TV series Star Trek caused the NASA Space Shuttle program.

Skywalker

There isn't evidence that Christians wove their story line into the prophecies if you ignore all of the evidence that says that they did so. Followed by a non sequitur. Why?

Just because they could have and we don't know doesn't mean they did. That also could mean that they didn't wove the storyline a certain way.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Science by man said angels of God. Man images also in clouds advice said never look back.

Reactive history.

Said God advice tells you so.

Said you will be destroyed as two angels about cross event.

Two seasons on four of cross

Owned naturally in nature.

Sin..origin consuming of energy.

Sin of angel before God sealed earth Satan.

Then God.

Angel God advice scientific theories said do not do sin......man scientist

Which he ignored.

Man ignored God. Did original sin self consuming energy in space womb.

Not holy mother of nature in earth.

You cannot lie about what you told yourself.

Skywalker

What made the Christian beliefs less credible than the Jewish beliefs? Jewish Christian - Wikipedia

Some scholars have argued that the idea of two messiahs, one suffering and the second fulfilling the traditional messianic role, was normative to ancient Judaism, predating Jesus.

That's similar to Christian beliefs about Jesus dying for our sins and coming in the future to bring peace on earth.

SeekingAllTruth

Many parallels with dying and rising gods and Jesus are exaggerated. That parallel could be a coincidence. The story of Harry Potter involves Harry being threatened by Voldemort and hidden but that doesn't mean that it's based off of the Bible. Is Jesus a myth? Is Jesus just a copy of the pagan gods of other ancient religions? | GotQuestions.org
I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to the Bible. If God is in control of the transmission of the narrative He wants us to know, God doesn't allow coincidences. Everything is deliberate because God is not the author of confusion, right?

SeekingAllTruth

He was showing the humanity of Jesus. That doesn't detract from Jesus being fully God and fully human.
If jesus came from a woman's womb he was part human just like Hercules. or Hercules was fully god like Jesus. can't have it both ways, Skywalker unless you're going to do the "Your god is false but my god is true. I don't need proof. I have faith" thing.

Skywalker

I don't believe in coincidences when it comes to the Bible. If God is in control of the transmission of the narrative He wants us to know, God doesn't allow coincidences. Everything is deliberate because God is not the author of confusion, right?

i believe that parallel is a coincidence for the same reason I think the Harry Potter story is not necessarily taken from the story of Christ in the Bible.

Skywalker

If jesus came from a woman's womb he was part human just like Hercules. or Hercules was fully god like Jesus. can't have it both ways, Skywalker unless you're going to do the "Your god is false but my god is true. I don't need proof. I have faith" thing.

Hercules was different from Jesus because Hercules was part God and part human. Jesus was fully God and fully human.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What made the Christian beliefs less credible than the Jewish beliefs? Jewish Christian - Wikipedia

This is a logical fallacy. You used a false dichotomy. Neither needs to be "more believable". They can both be wrong.

That's similar to Christian beliefs about Jesus dying for our sins and coming in the future to bring peace on earth.

That is one strange version of Christianity you are talking about.

SeekingAllTruth

Hercules was different from Jesus because Hercules was part God and part human. Jesus was fully God and fully human.
I repeat; if jesus came from a mortal woman he was part human. If he was impregnated by the holy spirit he was part god. That makes him a demi-god just like hercules. Jupiter impregnated a mortal woman just like god impregnated mary, a mortal woman. They're peas in a pod.