• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Trump want to keep those files IYO.

wellwisher

So you agree that Trump shouldn't have stored them in a basement closet at Mar-A-Lago, right?

I thought former Presidents had Secret Service protection which is a type of top level security. Mar-A-Lago also had it own security and secret hiding places. Trump bought that place from a wealthy starlet from days gone by.

The real reason Biden and the Swamp raided Mar-A-Lago was that Trump was thought to have classified intel that exposed Biden and Russian Collusion Delusion and the roles of top level Democrats in on that illegal Coup. These people have yet to be punished and they felt if they could destroy his evidence, they could continue to escape justice.

The problem is Trump had some moles of this own and led them into a trap. Now the FBI is in the news and Trump has been able to tie them up in Court, while still having the smoking gun in a safe place. The obvious break in tradition and the injustice of the FBI, only targeting Trump and not Hunter Biden is making people turn on the government crooks.

If you recall the Keystone Coup; Russian collusion delusion, always seemed to be ahead via the Fake News and propaganda, but they never could pin down Trump, since his legal teams were always two steps ahead of the Keystone Lawyers of Big Brother. This latest attempt is just another Road Runner and Wile-E-Coyote cartoon; meep meep. It is almost October and the midterms are about to come and the hammer is about to fall on the real criminals who will need to get even more desperate. Wile-E-Coyote has bought a new device from Acme Scam company but once again over shoots.

cliff.0.0.jpg

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
The real reason Biden and the Swamp raided Mar-A-Lago was that Trump was thought to have classified intel that exposed Biden and Russian Collusion Delusion and the roles of top level Democrats in on that illegal Coup. These people have yet to be punished and they felt if they could destroy his evidence, they could continue to escape justice.
Wow.

I imagine that there could be live video of Trump murdering toddlers and you'd probably claim it was Biden wearing an elaborate costume. Or that the toddlers were Antifa.

When are you going to admit that Trump was a dishonest crook? When are you going to be able to admit that the vast majority of his allegations against his political opponents are just pure lies? What's it going to take?

Let's make a bet. I bet that, five years from now, Trump will still not have released this alleged evidence and that there will continue to be absolutely zero actual reason to believe such evidence exists. Just like every other allegation Trump has ever made.

Last edited:

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I thought former Presidents had Secret Service protection which is a type of top level security. Mar-A-Lago also had it own security and secret hiding places. Trump bought that place from a wealthy starlet from days gone by.

The problem is Trump had some moles of this own and led them into a trap. Now the FBI is in the news and Trump has been able to tie them up in Court, while still having the smoking gun in a safe place. The obvious break in tradition and the injustice of the FBI, only targeting Trump and not Hunter Biden is making people turn on the government crooks.

If you recall the Keystone Coup; Russian collusion delusion, always seemed to be ahead via the Fake News and propaganda, but they never could pin down Trump, since his legal teams were always two steps ahead of the Keystone Lawyers of Big Brother. This latest attempt is just another Road Runner and Wile-E-Coyote cartoon; meep meep. It is almost October and the midterms are about to come and the hammer is about to fall on the real criminals who will need to get even more desperate. Wile-E-Coyote has bought a new device from Acme Scam company but once again over shoots.

cliff.0.0.jpg

You thought wrong,a secure place isn’t in his desk in his office where according to one of his lawyers many frequented.

And documents he had no right to and said he didn’t have,his defence gets more desperate as he is showing with the Qanon malarkey and indicating violence if he’s convicted.

Proudly sporting his Qanon badge,scary stuff.

upload_2022-9-20_12-41-41.png

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I thought former Presidents had Secret Service protection which is a type of top level security. Mar-A-Lago also had it own security and secret hiding places.
Utter nonsense. It is not the job of the secret service to protect classified documents. It is their job to protect the physical safety of the former president. If someone comes in there with a gun they will stop them. But if someone comes in with a camera they will let them right through.

Think about that. How many people come into Mar a Lago on a regular basis with a camera? Probably approaching 100%. How many foreign nationals visit Mar a Lago? How many spies just walk right in?

Mar a Lago is not a SCIF. There was a SCIF at Mar a Lago when Trump was president, but not since he left office. Let me explain what a SCIF is. It is a sensitive compartmentalized information facility. No one is allowed in with a phone, camera, or any recording device. National security knows exactly who enters a SCIF and when.

Does that sound like Mar a Lago? A vacation resort club with people constantly walking in and out, with cameras, with suitcases, foreign nationals, Chinese spies!

No, Mar a Lago is not a secure facility. To say otherwise is just a desperate attempt to make something up to deny the obvious reality. Trump broke the law when he took those documents, when he kept those documents, when he lied about having those documents, when he attempted to conceal those documents. And he will be indicted some time after the mid terms.

Last edited:

Wandering Monk

cliff.0.0.jpg

I used to have access to classified documents when I was in the US Army in the 80's. They are kept is special, approved safes or containers. Classified documents are not supposed to be left out unattended. Even when locked up, security checks are made on the safe periodically throughout the day.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member

cliff.0.0.jpg
Was there an answer someone in there?

Oh, I see it. You don't care what Trump does. Because ... other people do stuff you don't like too. That makes sense. I guess all criminals should just get off scot-free because, well, other people commit crimes too (maybe).

Do you Trump supporters not see how beyond hypocritical you are on this? Look how you had to tap-dance all over the place to avoid answering my fairly simple question.

Need I remind you, this was the post I was responding to:

Many someone needs to explain to you that such documents are not to be left vulnerable and exposed in the first place and summarily put securely away when not being read.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The real reason Biden and the Swamp raided Mar-A-Lago
False, as Biden wasn't told about the search until after the feds had already went in. Protocol has it that there's to be a wall-of-separation between the DoJ and the presidents

This latest attempt is just another Road Runner and Wile-E-Coyote cartoon; meep meep.
So, you honestly think this is all so funny, eh? Sorry if I feel that this threat is much more serious than just your entertainment.

Ponder This

with classified markings.

Could this be any clearer?

I am starting to feel like if someone shoved your nose in the evidence you still wouldn't see it.

Yes, it could be clearer. That's the problem. It's a broad category; it doesn't specify. You also didn't specify, adding weight to my point.

For example, because the warrant doesn't specify what it is looking for, the FBI took Trump's passports, which are a government document that was within the broad, non-specific categories of stuff they were seizing.

If you don't know that, this would explain your questions that indicate you not knowing really much about this.

Of course... and you can't specify what either, which is one reason why you didn't.

No, it wasn't.

Investigators from the Justice Department and the FBI visited Mar-a-Lago in the Spring.

Yes, it did specify what they were looking for, plus there were two earlier requests that went unfulfilled.

The warrant gave broad categories of documents; it did not specify any document(s).

False, as search warrants are not issued like candy at a parade.

Warrants from secret FISA courts aren't "issued like candy at a parade" either.

Garland and his staff, and he has a stellar reputation.

Garland stated he had a role in it. Certainly he is among those responsible.

Destroyed in whose eyes? Fox News? Trump supporters?

Overall trust in the FBI has gone down. What portion of the people has lost the most trust? Probably Republicans.

To sum up, speculation about why Trump had documents really does depend on what documents he supposedly had. Saying the documents had classification markings or saying that they were created during the time he held the office of the Presidency doesn't contribute enough to that conversation.

F1fan

Veteran Member
The documents belong to the USA. If Trump stole your car and stored it in his garage guarded by secret service, it's still not his car to keep. It's a crime, and the law has authority to get a warrant and recover your car. That he says your car was safe in his garage is irrelevant, it isn't his car.

Talk about delusion. Absurd.

metis

To sum up, speculation about why Trump had documents really does depend on what documents he supposedly had. Saying the documents had classification markings or saying that they were created during the time he held the office of the Presidency doesn't contribute enough to that conversation.
To sum up, you clearly are unwilling to accept the reality of what is happening in this regard and are just grasping at straws no matter how absurd they may be. Yesterday was a bad day for Trump, and it's going to likely get worse for him than better. He's long been known as a con man with no Judeo-Christian/humanistic sense of decency with his self-centeredness, so the chickens are now coming home to roost.

Last edited:

Ponder This

You are being absurd.

If you could say what the documents were, then you would. If they were nuclear codes, then you would say they were nuclear codes. If they were specifications for stealth planes, then you would say they are specifications for stealth planes. You could do any of that without revealing any information that you shouldn't reveal (such as what the nuclear codes actually are or what the specifications for the stealth planes actually are).

Don't insist that I speculate about why Trump has documents if you can't meet the most basic requirement. And for your own sake don't resort to appeal to ridicule.

To sum up, you clearly are unwilling to accept the reality of what is happening in this regard and are just grasping at straws no matter how absurd they may be. Yesterday was a bad day for Trump, and it's going to likely get worse for him than better. He's long been known as a con man with no Judeo-Christian/humanistic sense of decency with his self-centeredness, so the chickens are now coming home to roost.

If you could say what the documents were (i.e. present the reality of what is happening), then you wouldn't feel the need to deflect to saying Trump is a self-centered conman. Oh, he had a "bad day" yesterday. :rolleyes:

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If you could say what the documents were, then you would. If they were nuclear codes, then you would say they were nuclear codes. If they were specifications for stealth planes, then you would say they are specifications for stealth planes. You could do any of that without revealing any information that you shouldn't reveal (such as what the nuclear codes actually are or what the specifications for the stealth planes actually are).
They were government document. It was illegal for Trump to have them in his possession.

That is all you need to know to understand that this was a crime.

metis

If you could say what the documents were (i.e. present the reality of what is happening), then you wouldn't feel the need to deflect to saying Trump is a self-centered conman. Oh, he had a "bad day" yesterday. :rolleyes:
In general, we know what many of the documents were with their various categories of classification even if we don't know specifically what they were about. Saying that Trump is a "self-centered conman" is not deflecting but is a reality that many millions of people well know because of his previous and more recent conduct.

Garland has not yet released what he by now knows, but we do know with certainty that Trump violated federal law by taking these classified documents as if they were his. They're not.

We also know from the southern district of NY that Trump cheated on his taxes and estimates of wealth, and we also well know that Trump faces probable indictment in Georgia when he asked the SoS there to "find 11,780 votes" so that would win the state. Add that to Trump's record of admitted sexual assault ("I can grope women by the *****"").

So, what is it that enamors you to him? Or is he just entertaining to you? Do you admire him because you act like him? Is party politics more important than country? What?

Ponder This

In general, we know what many of the documents were with their various categories of classification even if we don't know specifically what they were about.

You don't know what they were. If you knew you would say when I challenge you on it.

Garland has not yet released what he by now knows, but we do know with certainty that Trump violated federal law by taking these classified documents as if they were his. They're not.

How do you know "with certainty"? You don't know.

We also know from the southern district of NY that Trump cheated on his taxes and estimates of wealth, and we also well know that Trump faces probable indictment in Georgia when he asked the SoS there to "find 11,780 votes" so that would win the state. Add that to Trump's record of admitted sexual assault ("I can grope women by the *****"").

So, what is it that enamors you to him? Or is he just entertaining to you? Do you admire him because you act like him? Is party politics more important than country? What?

And now more deflection to things that have nothing to do with the documents or the raid on Mar-a-Lago, but are, of course, accusations consistent with the Get Trump agenda. Letitia James ran on and is running again on the platform of getting Trump at any cost. Innocent until proven guilty? -not according to Letitia.

They were government document. It was illegal for Trump to have them in his possession.

That is all you need to know to understand that this was a crime.

*ahem* Passports are government documents *ahem*. The FBI did not have a good reason to take them. At the risk of sounding like a broken record: it seems that more knowledge is required. The DOJ and FBI are acting exactly like they are trying to manufacture a crime for a political opponent: unnecessary secrecy, broad search and seizure, and sketchy leaks to press without any substance. When they act in such a fashion, even if they miraculously discover a crime, they destroy their own case through the blatant demonstration of their own mal intent.

When a debate starts to repeat the same talking points over and over again. It usually means everything worth saying has been said. My response to the thread topic is that speculation without substance does more harm than good.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
*ahem* Passports are government documents *ahem*. The FBI did not have a good reason to take them. At the risk of sounding like a broken record: it seems that more knowledge is required. The DOJ and FBI are acting exactly like they are trying to manufacture a crime for a political opponent: unnecessary secrecy, broad search and seizure, and sketchy leaks to press without any substance. When they act in such a fashion, even if they miraculously discover a crime, they destroy their own case through the blatant demonstration of their own mal intent.
Yes, the passports were taken, the passports were returned. I don't know why you think that matters. This is not an uncommon occurrence when documents are co-mingled. They also took newspaper clippings and magazines because they were in the same boxes as classified documents. It might take weeks or months to go through all this stuff.

But that does not change the fact that they found government classified documents that Trump was not allowed to have. That is a crime, a serious crime, one that Trump as not even denied. And Trump will be indicted for this crime.

You want more information about what was taken, here you go.

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/expanded-mar-a-lago-inventory/ddd2634e93cbc431/full.pdf

What the F.B.I. Seized From Mar-a-Lago, Illustrated

I don't see how it would be possible to give more information than this without exposing the very classified information that they are trying to stop from being exposed.

And I don't understand why you need more information than this, and I certainly don't understand why you think the passports change anything.

metis

You don't know what they were. If you knew you would say when I challenge you on it.

How do you know "with certainty"? You don't know.

And now more deflection to things that have nothing to do with the documents or the raid on Mar-a-Lago, but are, of course, accusations consistent with the Get Trump agenda. Letitia James ran on and is running again on the platform of getting Trump at any cost. Innocent until proven guilty? -not according to Letitia.

When a debate starts to repeat the same talking points over and over again. It usually means everything worth saying has been said. My response to the thread topic is that speculation without substance does more harm than good.
If you have truly been paying attention and using multiple news sources, you would know in general what Trump & Co have been doing that's contrary to our constitutional law and Judeo-Christian/humanistic morals. If you get your "news" from Fox and/or Breitbart, you simply will not know, as they are propaganda sources hell-bent on defending Trump and his cronies.

Again, read and/or watch multiple news sources, including what the January 6th Committee has uncovered.