• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Trump want to keep those files IYO.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It’s a question that many have pondered,Trump hasn’t said why either,he had a chance to return them a call it an oversight but he hid them intentionally so what in your opinion was his thinking?.
Given his intelligence and maturity levels and general lack of ethics, I have to assume that he mostly just enjoyed the thrill of the abuse of power and saw them (correctly) as a promise of eventual controversy and spotlight.

But it is also possible that he meant to sell their content.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Given his intelligence and maturity levels and general lack of ethics, I have to assume that he mostly just enjoyed the thrill of the abuse of power and saw them (correctly) as a promise of eventual controversy and spotlight.

But it is also possible that he meant to sell their content.

He is very childish and I wouldn’t even be shocked if he meant to sell them,I worry more about the make up of his supporters,if they mirror him lookout America.

Ponder This

But Trump is?,his residences are the only ones in America where you wipe your feet on the way out,he’s in sooo much **** and he knows it,he deals with it by threatening unrest but even if indicted said he would still run for POTUS,incredulous that there are people who think he’s the dogs bollocks,shocking really.

The last word goes to the orange peril:

LoL, Major Garret with the last word, eh? Talking it up like Trump would be the cause of unrest when the FBI and DOJ flaunt the law? If people were to protest, they would be protesting the actions of the FBI and the DOJ.

Actually, they didn't mess up, but one would never know this is they just listen to Trump and/or watch Fox. Is was all "by the book", plus there were two previous opportunities for Trump & Co to turn everything back in and they didn't.

Turn what in, I'd still like to know - and not some wild speculation.
Mar-a-Lago was already searched. Subpoenas were already complied with.
Moreover, the warrant is available to the public to read. They didn't specify what they were looking for. It's a general search for documents in broad categories. The FBI and the DOJ will never hear the end of this, because the 4th amendment is supposed to prevent exactly this sort of behavior. That's why their woes aren't going to disappear. Anyone can read the warrant and no one can say what documents they were looking for. This thread exists asking people to speculate on the documents: no one knows what the FBI and DOJ went looking for.

Do you extend this to Trump as well?

Of course, it would be inappropriate to punish Trump without discovering a crime.
We need to know fully who in the FBI and DOJ was responsible for the search warrant.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
the warrant is available to the public to read. They didn't specify what they were looking for. It's a general search for documents in broad categories.
The warrant specified government documents with classified markings. They found government documents with classified markings.

Could this be any clearer?

I am starting to feel like if someone shoved your nose in the evidence you still wouldn't see it.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Not to your enemies and allies it’s not,nuclear capabilities of other powers is Uber important,what’s even worse is the empty file covers,was there files in them and if there were what were they,where are they now,this is so serious.
I often wonder why it's marked TOP SECRET on them in the biggest letters possible? As if to intice one to just take a peek inside?

It would be just as effective to label them War and Peace. Nobody but the most well informed would bother to open it.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I often wonder why it's marked TOP SECRET on them in the biggest letters possible? As if to intice one to just take a peek inside?

It would be just as effective to label them War and Peace. Nobody but the most well informed would bother to open it.
I thought that this was already explained to you. There will be times when someone without a security clearance of that order will be in the same room. Now your average citizen would not know this, but when it say "Top Secret" it means that if you had a government job and a moderate security clearance you might not have the clearance to read that. You would know as a person without a high enough security clearance to not read those documents even "by accident".

Those labels are there to protect the people that do not have the clearance to read them. They are not there to keep the documents safe.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I thought that this was already explained to you. There will be times when someone without a security clearance of that order will be in the same room. Now your average citizen would not know this, but when it say "Top Secret" it means that if you had a government job and a moderate security clearance you might not have the clearance to read that. You would know as a person to not read those documents even "by accident".

Those labels are there to protect the people that do not have the clearance to read them. They are not there to keep the documents safe.
Many someone needs to explain to you that such documents are not to be left vulnerable and exposed in the first place and summarily put securely away when not being read.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
If it was that sensitive, then maybe lock it up in a safe and not allow it to leave the grounds?
Maybe they thought the President of the United States would have some allegiance to the United States. That someone elected to that office would not be a complete sociopathic imbecile. Maybe the security systems in place gave some leeway to the Commander in Chief and assumed that at least he wouldn't fill up a couple dozen boxed of secret files and sneak them out of the White House.

Maybe they just assumed this wouldn't happen because no sane individual would actually vote for a lunatic to be President.

But I am sure they will tighten up things in the future. From this point on there will be a NSA agent holding a gun to the Presidents head everytime he (or she) looks at classified documents.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Turn what in, I'd still like to know -
If you don't know that, this would explain your questions that indicate you not knowing really much about this.

Mar-a-Lago was already searched.
No, it wasn't.

Moreover, the warrant is available to the public to read. They didn't specify what they were looking for
Yes, it did specify what they were looking for, plus there were two earlier requests that went unfulfilled.

The FBI and the DOJ will never hear the end of this, because the 4th amendment is supposed to prevent exactly this sort of behavior.
False, as search warrants are not issued like candy at a parade.

We need to know fully who in the FBI and DOJ was responsible for the search warrant.
Garland and his staff, and he has a stellar reputation.

Maybe start watching and reading news from a variety of sources because you really don't know what you're talking about on this. Fox is a terrible source as it was created by Murdock to be partisan as he publicly stated.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
LoL, Major Garret with the last word, eh? Talking it up like Trump would be the cause of unrest when the FBI and DOJ flaunt the law? If people were to protest, they would be protesting the actions of the FBI and the DOJ.

Turn what in, I'd still like to know - and not some wild speculation.
Mar-a-Lago was already searched. Subpoenas were already complied with.
Moreover, the warrant is available to the public to read. They didn't specify what they were looking for. It's a general search for documents in broad categories. The FBI and the DOJ will never hear the end of this, because the 4th amendment is supposed to prevent exactly this sort of behavior. That's why their woes aren't going to disappear. Anyone can read the warrant and no one can say what documents they were looking for. This thread exists asking people to speculate on the documents: no one knows what the FBI and DOJ went looking for.

Of course, it would be inappropriate to punish Trump without discovering a crime.
We need to know fully who in the FBI and DOJ was responsible for the search warrant.[/QUOTE

I can only see this as MAGA mania,you could sit next to a Gorilla and call it a Giraffe but it’s still a Gorilla ;-)

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The (redacted) warrant and item list are available to the public and the litigation is ongoing. I grant that you don't hold the same opinion about the seriousness of it. But trust in DOJ and FBI has been destroyed and that trust will not return with their continued efforts to obstruct transparency. The DOJ and the FBI are not above the law.
Destroyed in whose eyes? Fox News? Trump supporters?