• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did Trump want to keep those files IYO.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I appreciate your honesty in admitting that you have no clue what's in the documents. I also have documents you aren't allowed to see. Feel free to make up reasons why I have them.

Oh and btw way you are not plain old mr Trump so I doubt your documents would endanger your countries security unless they’re oathkeepers docs.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
I appreciate your honesty in admitting that you have no clue what's in the documents. I also have documents you aren't allowed to see. Feel free to make up reasons why I have them.
If you had hundreds of classified top secret documents in your home it would be incumbent on you to provide a reason.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When Trump tried to give them a blanket declassification that caused a bit of a clamor with the press. If they are declassified then anyone can demand to see them. Luckily no one else took Trump's claims seriously. They are still classified.
For giving away military positions and secrets like he did I don't see why's not facing serious penalties for that. Trump informing those such as Putin of pending military operations, how is he not branded a traitor and serious threat to national security?
And now he's holding onto classified stuff and keeping person items stored with them, with some folders that are empty.
But, no matter what the Trumpeters are tethered to him and support him no matter what. Such as, they're bringing up Hillary. Which isn't even understandable because the circumstances are not at all similar. She kept a private server that was secured and was found, repeatedly and again and again and again and again, that though it was irresponsible it didn't break the law. Be kept boxes of stuff, kept his personal stuff with it, and was so open about it he managed to make Kid Rock of all people uncomfortable.
That is not at all comparable.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
What does it matter what your reasons are? Ive handled documents I can't keep or disclose, and for legal reasons (and so protected not even subpoena can get more than a very small amd limited part of the documents). Very few people know the contents of a classified document and for legal reasons.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Soooo....nobody noticed this buffoon walking out of the White House carrying these boxes?
Trump just told people what to take and they took it. Who knows where he was keeping the files and documents while President. He may have had files in his personal living quarters. From what I understood he liked to take those with him over night at least. A worker that does not know any better points to an unmarked file cabinet and says "Take that too" and they will do so.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What does it matter what your reasons are? Ive handled documents I can't keep or disclose, and for legal reasons (and so protected not even subpoena can get more than a very small amd limited part of the documents). Very few people know the contents of a classified document and for legal reasons.
So you are saying you would not reveal that information to say a world famous musician just to show off?

What is crazy about this is that Kid Rock had more sense about those documents than Trump had.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So you are saying you would not reveal that information to say a world famous musician just to show off?

What is crazy about this is that Kid Rock had more sense about those documents than Trump had.
Yeah, I read that and thought it's a crazy, mad world when one Detroit's more bold musicians became uncomfortable with stuff Trump was doing. That's like Eminem getting uncomfortable over course language or Madonna being shy about sex.

Wandering Monk

It’s a question that many have pondered,Trump hasn’t said why either,he had a chance to return them a call it an oversight but he hid them intentionally so what in your opinion was his thinking?.

Trump, August 9: The FBI planted those classified documents

Trump, August 11: Hey, you know what, I declassified those planted documents.

Trump, August 24: Those planted documents belong to me.

Trump, August 29: I demand a new election immediately.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Trump, August 9: The FBI planted those classified documents

Trump, August 11: Hey, you know what, I declassified those planted documents.

Trump, August 24: Those planted documents belong to me.

Trump, August 29: I demand a new election immediately.

They just need to let him talk,every time he says incredibly self damning stupid things.

Ponder This

The Judge Eileen Cannon unsealed a list of the inventory,you know what the worst of them were?,the empty ones!,Judge Cannon is either way over her head or this is a precursor for not granting a ‘special master’ or she is just a puppet.

If you had hundreds of classified top secret documents in your home it would be incumbent on you to provide a reason.

The thread is about "Why did Trump want to keep those files IYO."

In the spirit of the thread, I will speculate about the three empty classified folders.
The first folder: Nuclear Defence Codes that he sold to Russia in preparation for Putin's planned nuclear war with the U.S. Sold! :p
The second folder: stealth probe specifications that he sold to China. Sold! :p
The third folder: had two things...
internal polling data for his "planned" 2024 Presidential run and details for his failed Jan 6 plan to take over the country. Shredded, burned, and flushed down one of Mar-a-Lago's many toilets. :p

How am I doing? But maybe @Shadow Wolf is right... what does it matter what his reasons are?

IMO, it matters what the documents are about. It's the most basic question! Simply saying they had a label like "Top Secret" isn't good enough. They all might as well be empty folders with glorified names (insert inventory list here). We can imagine he had them for numerous imagined reasons because you can imagine almost any content! The warrant and the inventory have placed the FBI and the DOJ into deep legal troubles.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
The thread is about "Why did Trump want to keep those files IYO."

In the spirit of the thread, I will speculate about the three empty classified folders.
The first folder: Nuclear Defence Codes that he sold to Russia in preparation for Putin's planned nuclear war with the U.S. Sold! :p
The second folder: stealth probe specifications that he sold to China. Sold! :p
The third folder: had two things...
internal polling data for his "planned" 2024 Presidential run and details for his failed Jan 6 plan to take over the country. Shredded, burned, and flushed down one of Mar-a-Lago's many toilets. :p

How am I doing? But maybe @Shadow Wolf is right... what does it matter what his reasons are?

IMO, it matters what the documents are about. It's the most basic question! Simply saying they had a label like "Top Secret" isn't good enough. They all might as well be empty folders with glorified names (insert inventory list here). We can imagine he had them for numerous imagined reasons because you can imagine almost any content! The warrant and the inventory have placed the FBI and the DOJ into deep legal troubles.

I thought you were doing ok until the last paragraph,it doesn’t matter what is in them whether declassified or not,he had no right to have them end of story

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
They all might as well be empty folders with glorified names (insert inventory list here)
Some of those empty boxes marked as such are now found in Trump's restaurant/bar in NYC on display, and they are empty. So, where did the contests go is the next serious question?

Point is that Trump had no legal right whatsoever to remove these documents and keep them after he was no longer president, thus no song & dance can change that. And he and his lawyers lied when they said they had turned all of them in.

And I wonder how it is that so many of his supporters and also him chanted "Lock her up!", and now so many are defending him?

Ponder This

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I thought you were doing ok until the last paragraph,it doesn’t matter what is in them whether declassified or not,he had no right to have them end of story

Neither the content nor the classification mattered? I did not expect you to take that position. Why do you think Trump "had no right to have them end of story"?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Neither the content nor the classification mattered? I did not expect you to take that position. Why do you think Trump "had no right to have them end of story"?
1. They don’t belong to him. Did your mommy never tell you it is not nice to take things that don’t belong to you?

2. They are classified. Whatever is, or was, in them is something the government has determined should be handled carefully.

3. There was a subpoena, he as required by law to return any documents that has classified markings.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The Judge Eileen Cannon unsealed a list of the inventory,you know what the worst of them were?,the empty ones!,Judge Cannon is either way over her head or this is a precursor for not granting a ‘special master’ or she is just a puppet.

She’s a puppet for sure,I wonder what she was promised,the warning signs were in the very beginning when she said she had “intent” to allow a special master straight away,surely the DOJ must appeal.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
She’s a puppet for sure,I wonder what she was promised,the warning signs were in the very beginning when she said she had “intent” to allow a special master straight away,surely the DOJ must appeal.
And her statement that the DoJ must stop the investigation is clearly based on her pro-Trump bias and not how investigations are handled. As one constitutional professor said this morning, in all his years of study he has never seen a judge do this before.