• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

why did they want to crucify jesus

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
Mark 10:18

And Jesus said to him, `Why me dost thou call good? no one [is] good except One -- God.

I'm good. And who is the alleged son of a carpenter to say otherwise?

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
That's a very good question. And no, it makes no sense. Which is why I don't believe a word of it. Surely a divine superbeing could just say 'You're forgiven' and be done with it.

God could, and has simply said "You're forgiven." The crucifixion is just one means the world has used to attain a higher moral and informational standard, through empathy.

Matthew 9
They were bringing to him a paralytic, laid upon a couch, and Jesus having seen their faith, said to the paralytic, `Be of good courage, child, your sins have been forgiven you.' So, certain of the scribes said within themselves, `This one does speak evil.' And Jesus, having known their thoughts, said, `Why think you evil in your hearts? For which is easier-- To say, The sins have been forgiven to you; or to say, Rise, and walk?

Sabour

Of course; what we do has consequence. But, God precedes creation; His will is our consequence. We are the consequences of His will. God is not the consequence of our will; we did not create God. So if a young child jumps from the 100th floor balcony, and dies, you should remember that God is the one determining when, where, how, and why-- not the child.

Any man may die for the sins of family and friends. God is anointing humanity, individually and as a whole. Martin Luther King preached, marched, was jailed, and died for the sins of the United States, not very long ago. His words and deeds are still living because of Allah's will. Dr. King is not God, but His will is manifest in him. Martin Luther King was a good man, was he not?

I suggest you take the Jesus test

You really need it.

outhouse

Atheistically
I suggest you take the Jesus test

You really need it.

You have done nothing but avoid the realty of your own question asked inthe OP.

If your here just to trash someone elses religion different from your own, its best you stop, it is frowned upon.

Your version of Jesus is just a representation of how the movement evolved in a different community hundreds of years after the fact, with only the christian text as your only source for your own books you claim as actual events.

You have no business avoiding your own question, or attacking christians from an outside position looking in.

Sabour

You have done nothing but avoid the realty of your own question asked inthe OP.

If your here just to trash someone elses religion different from your own, its best you stop, it is frowned upon.

Your version of Jesus is just a representation of how the movement evolved in a different community hundreds of years after the fact, with only the christian text as your only source for your own books you claim as actual events.

You have no business avoiding your own question, or attacking christians from an outside position looking in.

I suggest you track down the conversation before you come up with conclusions.

Sabour

fantôme profane;3797990 said:
The problem is that in many cases you could pick the opposite answer, and find a passage from a different book in the bible to support it. That is the problem with "proof-texting"

This is because the bible is not fully the Word of God. It has many human added texts.

outhouse

Atheistically
This is because the bible is not fully the Word of God. It has many human added texts.

your proving my point you denied a few sentences ago :facepalm:

who do you think you are to denounce someones whole religious text????? :facepalm:

What is we tell you we think your book was copied and your authors used the NT to create your books, before he married a child???

Sabour

The only conclusion needed is you giving christians a test by a muslim.

How kind of you.

Friend, this was not directed to you, I told you if you want to know why I posted it track down the conversation, if you don't than act like you didn't see it.

I answer things addressed to me and I don't walk around with a blind eye pretending I didn't see things.

This was essential for me to answer sleepy. It was only addressed to him.

Sabour

your proving my point you denied a few sentences ago :facepalm:

who do you think you are to denounce someones whole religious text????? :facepalm:

What is we tell you we think your book was copied and your authors used the NT to create your books, before he married a child???

Before I answer these, are you interested in the answers?

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Friend, this was not directed to you, I told you if you want to know why I posted it track down the conversation, if you don't than act like you didn't see it.

I answer things addressed to me and I don't walk around with a blind eye pretending I didn't see things.

This was essential for me to answer sleepy. It was only addressed to him.
Open forum my friend.

outhouse

Atheistically

Really?

I told you earlier that Jesus was crucified because he caused a disturbance in the temple.

That is your answer to the OP, you ignored it because THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, is it???????????????

Sabour

Really?

I told you earlier that Jesus was crucified because he caused a disturbance in the temple.

That is your answer to the OP, you ignored it because THAT IS NOT WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT, is it???????????????

You provided an answer without saying why you believed in it, so what is there to address?

Would I say no that is not the reason reread my OP?

From what Ive seen from you, I can predict the answer.

And by what you have posted its not a matter of you providing an answer, its a matter NOW of you defending youself.

Well actually I don't think you can predict my answer. I really doubt it.

I have no desire to defend to myself because no matter how convincing my defense is, if someone is only interested in throwing things and have a predetermined idea that he won't change, than me addressing these will be pointless.

I am not interested in defending myself or Islam if that is the case. I have see enough of members who just want to attack Islam without reading answers. I just want to make sure I don't start answering if you are one of those.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
this thing makes no sense, why God needs Crucifixion of his son for forgiving human beings?

In Christian theology, the wages of sin is death. By Adam's sin, death entered the world. So the only thing that can bring the forgiveness of sin was sacrificial offering like the Jews used to do in the Temple. In Christianity, those sin offerings of animals were just foreshadowing of Jesus' perfect sacrifice on the cross, where He bore the sins of the world and died in our place.

Catechism of the Catholic Church - Jesus Died Crucified

On another level, the crucifixion and suffering of Christ is an example of perfect selfless love. It's an example of how God loves us. He loves us so much as to die for us in a horrendous way.

Last edited: