• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did these kids die?

Curious George

Veteran Member
Then that's really the problem, isn't it. There are folks out there that are ready to blame everyone else for the consequences of their choices in life. Would you drag your kid into a strange neighborhood expecting everyone in the 'hood to open their doors if your child were sick?
You really think that is comparable?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
have not one scrap of evidence (other than anecdotal or wishful thinking) that the kids
... died from their trip or poor decision making by the parents but must presume so because it's more fitting to the narrative built by the low humanity, sociopathic RW talking points.

Curious George

Veteran Member
You get enough people doing anything and some will die.

Take enough people into custody, some will die. Don't take any of them into custody, some will die.

As such, it is hard to assume anything in general regarding whether person X would/wouldn't have died in other circumstances. In these specific cases I have no idea who, if anyone, is to blame as I don't have enough information.
Do you think you would be going out on a limb to say it was not the "democrats?" And do you think that Trump's blaming the democrats was appropriate?

Last edited:

Curious George

Veteran Member
If you want the honest answer , the answer is , there is lots of children who die in the world each day , especially of the flu . This is a political ploy to try to direct the blame at Trump when this is not the case .
He is not responsible for this , this happens anyway in the world , any time any place . Fact , sorry .
Trump blaming the democrats is a political ploy to blame Trump?

Have you been drinking?

Curious George

Veteran Member
You take my acceptance of the tactlessness to be dismissal.

I can assure you that the behavior is stored away and utilized on the next election cycle. I find that much more practical than slamming a president on a religious forum. *shrugs*
Political discourse is a long standing tradition in the U.S.

Not sure this thread was really a slam. Moreso a continuation of the discussion our president started.

Curious George

Veteran Member
I also notice that several elderly collectors in the antique
engine community have died since Trump assumed office.
Coincidence? I think not!
No, probably a coincidence. But if Trump blamed that on democrats, would you write an Ironic post insinuating that everyone blames Trump for everything?

Curious George

Veteran Member
I find it very telling that the words Trump was wrong and he should have handled it better are so hard for some people to enunciate.

Last edited:

tytlyf

Not Religious
You are speculating, you have not one scrap of evidence (other than anecdotal or wishful thinking) that the kids would have died in their countries of origin. However, there was definitely a greater danger of dragging your 7 year old through a couple of backwards countries in hopes of getting a handout at our border. If you are so concerned, why not start a movement to bring all children at risk into our protection. Maybe we should start with Chicago...
The murder rates are some of the highest in the world. That's common sense. I like your talking point "immigrants want free stuff." Is that what the millions of illegal canadians want in the country too?
Ah Chicago, the tired RW talking point. Always blaming progressive cities that are wealthier than you.
No one wants open borders, learn to think for yourself. The borders are currently secure and only getting more secure by the year.
Nice try.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Of course it isn't based on nothing. It is still derangement.

We had ODS too. Not all of it was based on fiction.

As a patriot, would you favour open borders?
Rail lines to speed the process, boats shuttling to
all continents?
Derangement? Give us 1 example of where TDS is wrongly placed. I can give you a lot of ODS examples based on fiction.
Democrats aren't in favor of open borders, neither are republicans. Guess which party benefits from cheap labor? Same party won't touch the illegal immigration problem due to corporate policies.

tytlyf

Not Religious
There are kids in Chicago that probably face a greater threat of thug death than most of the kids at our border.
Nope. The murder rate in these Central American countries are 5x higher than Chicago. Then you can add poverty, hunger and malnutrition on top of the violence. In a lot of these countries we're responsible for the destabilization.

Hey boy, you just like criminal Thugs like Donald J Trump.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
... died from their trip or poor decision making by the parents.

-dehydration
- low quality food and no refrigeration
-poor hygiene
- unsanitary living conditions
-open air sewage along the way
-living in close quarters with many others
-sleeping rough with inadequate or no shelter
-long periods of constant movement

Who is most responsible for those realities and do you believe that any of these were a contributing factor in the health of the children and adults that arrived?

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
-dehydration
- low quality food and no refrigeration
-poor hygiene
- unsanitary living conditions
-open air sewage along the way
-living in close quarters with many others
-sleeping rough with inadequate or no shelter
-long periods of constant movement

Who is most responsible for those realities and do you believe that any of these were a contributing factor in the health of the children and adults that arrived?
Detainment in poor, crowded facilities where disease spreads easily.
Lack of quality care due to underfunding and apathy.
Excessive length of detainment causing people to get sick long after they arrive.
A particularly virulant strain of influenza which has killed more people in America (citizens and non-citizens alike) than in previous years

Corrupt governments, organized crime networks, the war on drugs creating a continued revenue stream for them, and a growing us vs them national identity.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
No, probably a coincidence. But if Trump blamed that on democrats, would you write an Ironic post insinuating that everyone blames Trump for everything?
I don't think my post used irony....it was more sarcasm.
And I my post did mock those who blame Trump for everything.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Detainment in poor, crowded facilities where disease spreads easily.
Lack of quality care due to underfunding and apathy.
Excessive length of detainment causing people to get sick long after they arrive.

You are deflecting and refusing to answer my original questions, this was expected.

As far as your post:
-How did they get there?
-Do you think the sheer volume of people over extended the resources?
- Do you think the volume of immigrants which overextended the resources have anything to do with extended wait times to be fully vetted?