• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did these kids die?

PureX

Veteran Member
You said this more eloquently and way more diplomatically then I was going to. Why did these kids die? Because their parents made stupid decisions. Who's to blame? See previous answer.
Do you really think their parents had any viable alternative? Do you really think their parents would have put them in danger if they could have avoided it? Or are you just victim-blaming so you don't have to face your own culpability?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Clearly, the death of these children, the government shutdown, and hurricane Katrina are all Trump's fault. I have also implicated him in the dirty dishes in left in my kitchen sink and starting the rumor of my poor fashion sense.

So its only a rumour started by Trump? I would never have guessed.

Audie

Veteran Member
And it's justified. People must be nuts to think TDS is based on nothing. There's still some true patriots like myself and others that will protect this country from threats, foreign or domestic.

Of course it isn't based on nothing. It is still derangement.

We had ODS too. Not all of it was based on fiction.

As a patriot, would you favour open borders?
Rail lines to speed the process, boats shuttling to
all continents?

Last edited:

BSM1

What? Me worry?
I'll address the RW talking point "these parents are to blame for forcing the kids to walk thousands of miles with the hopes of illegally crossing a border!"

What was the other option? Stay home and get murdered? Traveling as a group allows them to share food and resources.

The parents had 2 options in life:

-Walk thousands of miles to legally immigrate
-Stay home and have a good chance of getting murdered

Which option would you have taken?

You are speculating, you have not one scrap of evidence (other than anecdotal or wishful thinking) that the kids would have died in their countries of origin. However, there was definitely a greater danger of dragging your 7 year old through a couple of backwards countries in hopes of getting a handout at our border. If you are so concerned, why not start a movement to bring all children at risk into our protection. Maybe we should start with Chicago...

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Clearly, the death of these children, the government shutdown, and hurricane Katrina are all Trump's fault. I have also implicated him in the dirty dishes in left in my kitchen sink and starting the rumor of my poor fashion sense.
I also notice that several elderly collectors in the antique
engine community have died since Trump assumed office.
Coincidence? I think not!

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Do you really think their parents had any viable alternative? Do you really think their parents would have put them in danger if they could have avoided it? Or are you just victim-blaming so you don't have to face your own culpability?

Absolutely! You are just seeing the world to further your agenda. As I have stated earlier, other than anecdotal or hearsay, you haven't one viable scrap of evidence that these kids faced certain death in whatever country they came from. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure you know what country the parents were "escaping" from; did you even check? There are kids in Chicago that probably face a greater threat of thug death than most of the kids at our border.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Defense Department. The State Department had nothing to do with it. But the Defense Department is rumored to be looking for ways to weaponize your fashion sense.

Maybe an SSSS Missile (Super Sonic Seer Sucker)?

Redirect Notice

Guatemalan boy who died in US custody had the flu, medical examiner says - CNN

Tragic occurrences. Worse still, because of the circumstances, these deaths by their very nature become political.

Recently, Trump has seemed to give an answer to this OP title question. His answer is democrats. He blames the deaths of children at the border on democrats not giving him his wall money.

Do you agree?

You get enough people doing anything and some will die.

Take enough people into custody, some will die. Don't take any of them into custody, some will die.

As such, it is hard to assume anything in general regarding whether person X would/wouldn't have died in other circumstances. In these specific cases I have no idea who, if anyone, is to blame as I don't have enough information.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To easy: Democrat turf
Correct!
It's similar to how before Trump made border security his
issue, top Democrats spoke of the need for it, eg, Hillary.
And now they make hay by opposing it, & even encouraging
illegal alien status, eg, public benefits, sanctuary cities, no
cooperation with ICE.

james blunt

Redirect Notice

Tragic occurrences. Worse still, because of the circumstances, these deaths by their very nature become political.

Recently, Trump has seemed to give an answer to this OP title question. His answer is democrats. He blames the deaths of children at the border on democrats not giving him his wall money.

Do you agree?

If you want the honest answer , the answer is , there is lots of children who die in the world each day , especially of the flu . This is a political ploy to try to direct the blame at Trump when this is not the case .
He is not responsible for this , this happens anyway in the world , any time any place . Fact , sorry .

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I also notice that several elderly collectors in the antique
engine community have died since Trump assumed office.
Coincidence? I think not!

Keep a keen eye for shifty looking men in smart suites with a bulge under their arm and an I love Trump lapel badge

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Keep a keen eye for shifty looking men in smart suites with a bulge under their arm and an I love Trump lapel badge
And the sunglasses, earpieces, & all the staring in one direction too!
(But I'll avert me eyes from their "bulges".)

Speaking of which....

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
Redirect Notice

Do you agree?
The child was in a hospital when he died, but he received treatment instead of prior inoculation possibly.

Currently the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention already recommends innoculation for travelers to the USA, but this information is in English. Influenza Prevention: Information for Travelers | CDC A Surgeon General warning might be a good next step, and ambassadors from other countries could be asked to make the information known. That might help get the word out to those who want to visit or migrate.