• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the world reject the Messiah when He Did come?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Bahaullah did not claim to be the Messiah of Jews, in his core book Kitab-i-Iqan.

Regards

Depends how you look at it

"Old English Messias : via late Latin and Greek from Hebrew māšīaḥ ‘anointed’.

Thus Christ in English means, "'Messiah "Anointed One'". Messiah - Wikipedia

MORE RELATED WORDS FOR MESSIAH;

King of Kings.
Lamb of God.
Lord of Lords.
Messiah.
Prince of Peace.
Lord.

Thus a few passages from the book you quote;

"...To resume: Our purpose in setting forth these truths hath been to demonstrate the sovereignty of Him Who is the King of kings...." Baha'u'llah : The Kitab-i-Iqan

"...What!an the lowly dust compare with Him Who is the Lord of Lords?..." Baha'u'llah : The Kitab-i-Iqan

"...Thou hast witnessed how these companions have, through the wonders of the grace of the Lord of Lords, hoisted the standards of sublime renunciation upon the inaccessible heights of glory...." Baha'u'llah : The Kitab-i-Iqan

"...Content with transient dust, these people have turned their face unto it, and cast behind their backs Him Who is the Lord of Lords...." Baha'u'llah : The Kitab-i-Iqan

"...That seeker must at all times put his trust in God, must renounce the peoples of the earth, detach himself from the world of dust, and cleave unto Him Who is the Lord of Lords...." Baha'u'llah : The Kitab-i-Iqan

"....With both his inner and his outer ear he will hear from its dust the hymns of glory and praise ascending unto the Lord of Lords, and with his inner eye will he discover the mysteries of "return" and "revival."..." Baha'u'llah : The Kitab-i-Iqan

Thus each Messenger from God, is a Messiah (Anointed One). Likewise Muhammad.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Can you please explain why you believe that?

I see that the scriptures tell us we are made in Gods Image.

The Baha'i Writings take it further and give us an idea of what that means.

It is said we are created at the end of darkness and the beginning of light. The light is the potential in us that we can release fully with faith and good deeds.

Thus we are born into this world and the path is then open for us to find and release the light that is within all of us. We can also choose not to, but the potential is part of who we are. It is our own selves that has the power of choice that can release the light.

Regards Tony

Jos

I see that the scriptures tell us we are made in Gods Image.
What exactly does being made in God's image entail?

It is said we are created at the end of darkness and the beginning of light. The light is the potential in us that we can release fully with faith and good deeds.

Thus we are born into this world and the path is then open for us to find and release the light that is within all of us. We can also choose not to, but the potential is part of who we are. It is our own selves that has the power of choice that can release the light.
That's interesting but it still doesn't show that humans would be good at realizing spiritual or religious truth from spiritual or religious falsehood.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What exactly does being made in God's image entail?
That's interesting but it still doesn't show that humans would be good at realizing spiritual or religious truth from spiritual or religious falsehood.

I see the image of God in this creation is Gods Manifestations, such as Noah, Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammed, the Bab and Baha'u'llah.

They are our potential within, as I see we are created from them. We can only find that potential from a connection with them.

Jesus Christ tells us it is being born again into the Holy Spirit by Faith.

Regards Tony

Jos

I see the image of God in this creation is Gods Manifestations, such as Noah, Abraham, Krishna, Moses, Zoroaster, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammed, the Bab and Baha'u'llah.
Well historians aren't even sure that a couple even existed ie. Moses and Noah and how do you know they're Gods manifestations. Other people of other religions would disagree that some of those people are manifestations of God so you have just as much proof as they do

They are our potential within, as I see we are created from them. We can only find that potential from a connection with them.
How do you know we were created from them? You probably can't demonstrate that.

Also, animals display moral tendencies similar to what humans display, does that mean that they're made in the image of God as well? And once again you still haven't demonstrated that humans are good at differentiating spiritual or religious truth from spiritual or religious falsehood while I can give you ample evidence to show that they aren't good at it.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well historians aren't even sure that a couple even existed ie. Moses and Noah and how do you know they're Gods manifestations. Other people of other religions would disagree that some of those people are manifestations of God so you have just as much proof as they do

How do you know we were created from them? You probably can't demonstrate that.

Also, animals display moral tendencies similar to what humans display, does that mean that they're made in the image of God as well? And once again you still haven't demonstrated that humans are good at differentiating spiritual or religious truth from spiritual or religious falsehood while I can give you ample evidence to show that they aren't good at it.

I see one has the choice to find the evidence as to prove it for and unto one's own self.

There are some good talks about soul, mind and spirit by Abdul'bha you can look at.

All the best in your search.

Regards Tony

Jos

I see one has the choice to find the evidence as to prove it for and unto one's own self.
Yet so many look at the same evidence and come to different conclusions so clearly proving it to oneself isn't that simple. Ever consider that you're the one interpreting the evidence wrongly?

There are some good talks about soul, mind and spirit by Abdul'bha you can look at.
Things like the soul and spirit are unprovable ideas. It can't be proven that such things exist. Why couldn't the brain be responsible for all the functions that spiritual/religious people attribute to a soul? And again why listen to that man when other people have different interpretations of the soul or spirit or whatever other things you believe?

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Did they not recognize Him as earlier prophesied in the Old and the New Testament an in all past scriptures?

Baha'is see that it has happened, but not as people have expected.

Maybe that humanity as a whole will now finally understand as to how a Messenger of God, is always rejected?

This is a rewording of another thread in this topic.

The vision for this thread embraces a wider audience, all of Humanity. We also have the Dates of AD1844 and AH1260 as a starting point.

Regards Tony

Nah......
Bahai has rejected Jesus as a Messiah, I think.
And the manipulated dates are bunkum, methinks.

But I don't think that Jesus was a Messiah, just a man who picked up the Baptist's mission for a time.

Paul and others turned it all in to a method of controlling people with even more threats than the tortured death of crucifixion. Christians who bust rules would burn in tortured hell for eternity. Quite a controlling threat, that.

Shad

Veteran Member
I see that most people see that Scripture is clear, to their own way of understanding. I see that is why when G_d sends His Messengers and that is why they are rejected, we are to proud to let go of our perceived knowledge.

They show us what the Word means, but we have made up our own mind and neglect our part of G_d's covenant and we persecute those sent from G_d to guide us unto all truth.

I see history has proved we have repeated this mistake.

Regards Tony

You still have zero evidence so now you just use phrases to deflect.

Spartan

Paul and others turned it all in to a method of controlling people with even more threats than the tortured death of crucifixion. Christians who bust rules would burn in tortured hell for eternity. Quite a controlling threat, that.

Of course you can believe Hell is a myth, but you have nothing to back up your belief.

Spartan

Do you have proof he'll exists?

Do you have proof Hell doesn't exist? Jesus spoke about it. If he is not raised from the dead don't believe him. But if he is then you should be seriously concerned about your unbelief.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Of course you can believe Hell is a myth, but you have nothing to back up your belief.
Of course you can believe that Hell is true, but you have nothing to back up your belief.

And yiou could drive a bus through Paul's claims of heaven and hell...... and most of the rest of it. What a scam! :)

Spartan

Of course you can believe that Hell is true, but you have nothing to back up your belief.

Sure I do. I have the word of Jesus who was resurrected from the dead. Here's some recommended reading for you in case you're going to try to belch out your sophomoric spiel that the resurrection is a myth.

"The Historical Jesus," by scholar Dr. Gary Habermas;

“The Historical Jesus of the Gospels,” by Dr. Craig Keener

"New Evidence that Demands a Verdict," by former skeptic Josh McDowell;

"Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics," by Dr. Norman Geisler;

"The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel," and

"The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by Dr. Gary Habermas.

“Miracles – The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts,” by Craig S. Keener

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Sure I do. I have the word of Jesus who was resurrected from the dead. Here's some recommended reading for you in case you're going to try to belch out your sophomoric spiel that the resurrection is a myth.

"The Historical Jesus," by scholar Dr. Gary Habermas;

“The Historical Jesus of the Gospels,” by Dr. Craig Keener

"New Evidence that Demands a Verdict," by former skeptic Josh McDowell;

"Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics," by Dr. Norman Geisler;

"The Case for Christ," by Lee Strobel," and

"The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus," by Dr. Gary Habermas.

“Miracles – The Credibility of the New Testament Accounts,” by Craig S. Keener

Huh? None of those titles even mentions Hell.
I don't think that Jesus believed in the kind of hell that you do.
I believe in an historical Jesus, by the way.

And.......... this proves that you do not have faith, just some very strange certitude based up[on what fiolks have told you.

:shrug:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Huh? None of those titles even mentions Hell.
I don't think that Jesus believed in the kind of hell that you do.
I believe in an historical Jesus, by the way.

And.......... this proves that you do not have faith, just some very strange certitude based up[on what fiolks have told you.

:shrug:

I am my own hell/Satan.....I would scare the pants off another Satan, if there was another one and he/she came this way :)

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you have proof Hell doesn't exist? Jesus spoke about it. If he is not raised from the dead don't believe him. But if he is then you should be seriously concerned about your unbelief.

It exists as our own thoughts and choices over the choices God gives us.

I see there is no independent source of evil, it is but lack of good. We can see it in the metaphor that darkness is just lack of light.

Regards Tony