1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Why did the world reject the Messiah when He Did come?

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Tony Bristow-Stagg, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Desert Snake

Desert Snake ️️️️️️️️️️

Ratings:
    +1,692
    Religion:
    Jhvh Elohim
    Those are contextual and linguistic matters, and God, as a name without specification, cannot be compared necessarily, to other language usage》》inference to who is meant.

2. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,970
    Religion:
    Sanathana Dharma [The Eternal Religion]
    The way I used God was not "random garbage" as you called it

3. Desert Snake

Desert Snake ️️️️️️️️️️

Ratings:
    +1,692
    Religion:
    Jhvh Elohim
    As 'linguistic yet not religious' language parallel, in order to avoid obfuscation, we would therefore use the specific linguistic correlate, [there are again, a 'certain amount' of these correlates, and they defer to the original language.

As a matter of religious belief, thusly, the name might infer another reference, however we would not use the name 'G-d', in an scholarly discussion, where that wouldn't be clear.

4. Desert Snake

Desert Snake ️️️️️️️️️️

Ratings:
    +1,692
    Religion:
    Jhvh Elohim
    It was 'incorrect' in both context of argument, and non-obfuscatory use of the name and word, G-d.

That is why I explained that the English name for my god, is God, and further, that is the name that I generally use to refer to my god, in English.

5. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Tony Bristow-Stagg Immersion in the Ocean of God's Word
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Our wet season starts with storms in October, but we need a couple of weeks of 40+, so we do not look forward to that :) It is January when we expect the wet!

Regards Tony

6. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,970
    Religion:
    I never use(d) the word G-d

It was 'incorrect' in your opinion at best

It is correct in my opinion

We talk about God, remember!
    Meaning faith, belief. So not a fact.
    Religion stuff, especially the word "God" is subjective.

7. Desert Snake

Desert Snake ️️️️️️️️️️

Ratings:
    +1,692
    Religion:
    Jhvh Elohim
    G-d is a way of writing God. Same name.

No, it actually isn't subjective, when used in a vague context, it's just vague.

8. Desert Snake

Desert Snake ️️️️️️️️️️

Ratings:
    +1,692
    Religion:
    Jhvh Elohim
    I already explained that the name is 'literal specific'. You just don't realize that, because you use the word in 'only descriptive' manner [with no description.

9. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,970
    Religion:
    I agree to disagree on this one

10. Desert Snake

Desert Snake ️️️️️️️️️️

Ratings:
    +1,692
    Religion:
    Jhvh Elohim
    Yes of course. That means that your discussions in a theistic context are going to generally vague, or even meaningless.

#110 Desert Snake, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2019
  11. stvdv

stvdv Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,970
    Religion:
    You misunderstood what I meant.

I don't have this click with Krishna as others have, He never comes to me in visions or dreams. What to do? I usually don't think about Krishna except once a year maybe (as yesterday in my reply; now since on RF I'm reminded sometimes when on Hindu DIR)

So definitely this is not a thought in my mind:
    " 'everything goes to Krishna', perhaps, mixed up with 'every deity is Krishna'."

And I don't believe every religion is the same. Some do have similar aspects in them as far as I have seen

And Prabupada is not my favorite to read, so thanks for your advice, but I stick to my Master.

12. Shad

Shad Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +4,003
    Religion:
    Theological noncognitivist
    You still have no proved anything about Bab's knowledge or that he contributed a single thing beyond vague religious babble. You are just merely making another assertion to back an assertion.

Prove God. Prove God sends messengers. You seem to forgot that part. Instead you just asserted your religious view without evidence.

You only demonstrated you have no standard nor evidence to support your religious assertions.

13. Shaul

Shaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,242
    Religion:
    Judaism
    The wording of scripture is clear. The foretold events such as world peace and gathering of the tribes of Israel back to the Promised land happen simultaneously with the coming of the moshiach. The moshiach can’t come and then these events happen gradually after he has come. These events did not happen yet. Jesus isn’t the moshiach.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  14. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    I see that most people see that Scripture is clear, to their own way of understanding. I see that is why when G_d sends His Messengers and that is why they are rejected, we are to proud to let go of our perceived knowledge.

They show us what the Word means, but we have made up our own mind and neglect our part of G_d's covenant and we persecute those sent from G_d to guide us unto all truth.

I see history has proved we have repeated this mistake.

Regards Tony

15. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    A good metephor is that 'the proof is in the pudding'.

Thing is, Im not here to make anybody eat it, or even to try some, but that metephor will tell a person why they may not see the proof.

It is ones own choice to partake of the pudding, or ones choice to demand where the proof of the pudding is.

Regards Tony

16. Riders

Riders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,649
    Religion:
    Unitarian Universalism,Pagan,Zen
    So we're talking both Jesus and Bahaula .Your religion says they are the same.I accept Jesus as a Prophet not the Godman taught by Christianity.

I have not read any Ba"hai literature as of yet but I am sure there is some truth in it.I am universal in my thinking too so saying both prophets we're the same makes sense to me.But I'm not a member of your religion.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Tony Bristow-Stagg

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,411
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Good to hear from you riders. Faith is a personal journey and all we can do is share what we have found in our lives.

This post is to explore the topic of the Messiah. Before my comments, what have you found about the Biblical promises that peace will come and Gods name will be one?

I have found in my search that God has sent many Prophets, I see that is the way God has chosen to speak to us all.

As such I see we can find God in all the Messages given by all of Gods Prophets. I also see they all, in one way or another, have promised a day when we will become one people and live in peace. I see this is that time and peace will come. I have found the Messiah has brought that day.

Regards Tony

18. paarsurrey

paarsurrey Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +2,011
    "Baha'u'llah as the Messiah"

Did Bahaullah himself claim in a straightforward and unequivocal manner to be the Jewish Messiah. If yes, please, quote from the Kitab-i-Iqan or the Book of Certitude- a core book of his thought, please.

Regards

• Like Like x 1
  19. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,549
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    I believe it’s happening now. The Jews were officially allowed to return to Israel when the Edict Of Toleration was signed in March 21st 1844 and since then Israel has become a state. Other signs are things like the spread of interfaith and multiculturalism and world consultation between nations.

Edict of Toleration 1844 - Wikipedia

I’m referring to Baha’u’llah not Jesus.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Vinayaka

Vinayaka devotee
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +14,137
    Religion:
    Saivite Hindu
    How is it possible to reject something you've never heard of?