• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did the world reject the Messiah when He Did come?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I think you've made it clear what you think of the Bible. But why do Baha'is use the prophecies in the Bible? And then interpret them? It only shows that even Baha'is can prove anything they want to prove about the Bible. And ignore the things that don't suit their agenda.
You really don't get it do you?

It is not only the Baha'is who use the Bible to try to prove anything they want to prove and ignore the things that don't suit their agenda. It is mostly the Christians. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But why do Christians use the prophecies in the Bible? And then interpret them?
This is funnier than all get-out. :D

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The bible says they hated Jesus. He was killed, as were the majority of apostles and followers. That is strong hatred. The truths he brought exposed their wickedness to Gods view of things. They did not like it. They hate the truth today as well. Jesus said his followers would be hated. Today as well. Truth is rejected for ear tickling untruths. Most claiming to be servants of Jesus, don't even know what he actually taught. Every time I show them, they reject it. Why?

Thank you for the post.

I see Faith is a very special gift and also in its neglect, it's own punishment. It is all depends upon our choices in Faith and as to what is Truth.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know why I keep asking Tony and the other Baha'is. How does Islam interpret the 2 Witnesses in Revelation? How does Islam interpret the 3 Woes? How does Islam interpret the 1260 days and the 42 months. And, what about the beasts and dragon and the 666? Does any of the Baha'i interpretation make sense or fit in with Islamic interpretations?

Really CG?

I wonder how the Jews see the Christian and Muslim interpretation of the Old Testament.

I wonder how the Christians see the Muslim Interpretation of the New and Old Testament.

Do yo see a pattern there, that reflects you question?

In the end it is up to you how you see them.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Sure there are 1260 lunar years between 622 and 1844. But there is only 1222 solar years. So were the prophecies in lunar or solar years? They claim it was both and see no problem with what they do.

I haven't studied the Daniel prophecy they use to get to 1844, and I haven't read anything from any Christian that tries to refute it. Do you know anything about that one?

I see if you are interested, you need to study and understand how Christians came to 1844.

After that, if you want, you may choose to reflect on 1260.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Not according to the Quran. So you dont follow that book. In that case, dont claim it.

Also, your biggest arguments in the past 3 posts has been

1. Splitting hairs
2. Deaf ears

I would offer History has proved they are strong arguments.

"104 O ye who believe, say not (unto the Prophet): Listen to us" but say "Look upon us," and be ye listeners. For disbelievers is a painful doom." The Qur'an (Pickthall tr) : Sura 2 - The Cow

Christ said it in this way in Matthew 11:15, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!"

I have made the case as clear as I see it. The further information you ask for is to me only a distraction from the simplicity and clarity of the prophecy. It made perfect sense the first time I read it, so I wonder why it would be so unclear after explaining it in detail. I apologize if you are having difficulties, but I will say, I strongly suspect you are not having difficulty with the explanation given.

Regards Tony

JJ50

"104 O ye who believe, say not (unto the Prophet): Listen to us" but say "Look upon us," and be ye listeners. For disbelievers is a painful doom." The Qur'an (Pickthall tr) : Sura 2 - The Cow

Christ said it in this way in Matthew 11:15, "Anyone with ears to hear should listen and understand!"

I have made the case as clear as I see it. The further information you ask for is to me only a distraction from the simplicity and clarity of the prophecy. It made perfect sense the first time I read it, so I wonder why it would be so unclear after explaining it in detail. I apologize if you are having difficulties, but I will say, I strongly suspect you are not having difficulty with the explanation given.

Regards Tony

That is how you see it, but many of us don't see it your way.

kjw47

Thank you for the post.

I see Faith is a very special gift and also in its neglect, it's own punishment. It is all depends upon our choices in Faith and as to what is Truth.

Regards Tony

Yes the major problem, out of all religion claiming to be Gods only one single one on earth is. The rest are false, teaching false things. 99% of all religions claiming to be Christian are misleading those away from entering Gods kingdom. They teach a non existent God.

JJ50

Yes the major problem, out of all religion claiming to be Gods only one single one on earth is. The rest are false, teaching false things. 99% of all religions claiming to be Christian are misleading those away from entering Gods kingdom. They teach a non existent God.
That especially applies to the JW cult, imo.

kjw47

That especially applies to the JW cult, imo.

I have studied both sides, I have studied Jesus over 50 years--0 doubt in all creation, the teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers-0 doubt bud. So then, how is it you think you can speak about Jesus when you don't even know him?

JJ50

I have studied both sides, I have studied Jesus over 50 years--0 doubt in all creation, the teachings of Jesus back the JW teachers-0 doubt bud. So then, how is it you think you can speak about Jesus when you don't even know him?
You don't know the guy either, you just think you do, he died over 2000 years ago!:rolleyes:

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

You believing it, is not evidence.
Claiming to have "studied" it, isn't evidence either.

I could point out all the people that also studied it and became atheist as a result.
Would that convince you in any way? I'm guessing it won't.

firedragon

Veteran Member

Regards Tony

Brother, with all due respect, you have not answered to a single question. Not one. You responded courteously but a response is not an answer.

As for the Quran verse you posted above, its another vague hint. You have done that many a time. And you know the problem with that type of strategy? I can cut and paste the same verse as a hint at you. The same goes to the Bible verse. Do you see? So doing that is a depiction of you yourself and how your mind works.

I can provide you a Quranic verse that is relevant to all of us. Every single person.

49:6 O you who believe, if a Fasiq (disobedient/wicked person) comes to you with any news, then you shall investigate it. Lest you harm a people out of ignorance, then you will become regretful over what you have done.

Investigate everything.

A. Quran says that we are to follow the Milleth Ibrahim or the religion of Abraham.

2:130 And who would abandon the creed of Abram except one who fools himself? We have selected him in this world, and in the Hereafter he is of the righteous.

B. And he calls his peoples religion Islam.

2:131 When his Lord said to him: “Aslim,” he said: “I submit to the Lord of the worlds.”

Thus, the so called "advent" of Islam did not happen with Muhammed (according to the Quran). You should read the Quran and study it before you say that "you believe it". Abraham, his progeny are all following a religion called "Islam". Quran also says that the followers of Jesus were Muslim. If you dont believe it thats fine, but dont say you do, and not.

C. Jesus's followers religion was Islam (According to the Quran)

3:52 So when Jesus felt their rejection, he said: “Who are my supporters to God?” The disciples said: “We are the supporters of God, we believe in God and we bear witness that we have submitted (Muslimoona).”

So dont claim that the advent of Islam happened with Muhammed.

D. If you dont believe in the Quran, dont believe it. Thats not my argument. But you claim to believe in the Quran, and on top of that you make new things which contradict the Quran left, right and center. ACCORDING TO THE QURAN THE ONLY RELIGION IS ISLAM.

3:19 The RELIGION with God is ISLAM, and those who received the Book did not dispute except after the knowledge came to them out of jealousy between them. And whoever rejects the revelations of God, then God is swift in reckoning.

Thus Bottomline is, according to the Quran, Islam did not have an "Advent" and there are no other religions. Again, for a person who does not believe the Quran, it is all nonsense and thats their prerogative, but you claim to believe it, but truthfully you dont, and you contradict it.

).

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I think the major problem, is now and has always been, as to how men have chosen to see what is from God and what is from their own selves.

I personally see no Faith is exempt from this error and as such, where to look for God has become a great confusion of mind and purpose.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
His teachings are alive and well as is he. His real teachers make sure they are taught, learned and applied.

What you have said, I feel answers the OP. It is the major reason why the Messiah is rejected and at the same time the key to the Gate of all Truth.

The quandary is who enter through that narrow Gate?

"Matthew 7:13-14 The Narrow and Wide Gates
13 “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14 But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

Regards Tony

kjw47

A statement with no evidence to support it.

My teachers have been teaching every utter
You believing it, is not evidence.
Claiming to have "studied" it, isn't evidence either.

I could point out all the people that also studied it and became atheist as a result.
Would that convince you in any way? I'm guessing it won't.

No it wouldn't convince me. God reveals himself to those that listen to him.
Fact makes it evidence.

kjw47

I think the major problem, is now and has always been, as to how men have chosen to see what is from God and what is from their own selves.

I personally see no Faith is exempt from this error and as such, where to look for God has become a great confusion of mind and purpose.

Regards Tony

The facts back truth

From Moses on up until this very day. In every Israelite place of worship( while serving the God of the bible) teach, serve and worship= a single being God-YHWH or YHVH translated Yahweh, or Jehovah. The God taught to Jesus his first 30yearswhile attending those places of worship, taught to every bible writer as well.
Facts back truth. God is not with any teaching or serving a false non existent God.