• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did I decided to vote for Biden/Harris

Heyo

Veteran Member
I (obviously) don't know enough about Harris. I didn't know she was labled as progressive. I only know that progressives with a YouTube channel don't like her. So she seems to have an image problem. She might want to work on that maybe by stopping to take big money donations?

Heyo

Veteran Member
Good, neither do I. Never have. As you can tell, I'm trying to dissect where you're getting your information from.
Where you're finding all this disdain for Biden/Harris
Independent media. TYT and associated channels, The Hill, etc. My left leaning YouTube bubble.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Independent media. TYT and associated channels, The Hill, etc. My left leaning YouTube bubble.
I only use 1 source for news. Google news. I also like listening to callers on CSPAN in the morning. Washington Journal is the show.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Good, neither do I. Never have. As you can tell, I'm trying to dissect where you're getting your information from.
Where you're finding all this disdain for Biden/Harris
That won't work on me because I take in info from numerous sources. And what does it matter? Must what I say fit into your preconceived molds?

tytlyf

Not Religious
That won't work on me because I take in info from numerous sources. And what does it matter? Must what I say fit into your preconceived molds?
It matters because I see an undercurrent of this same disdain coming from so-called progressives/democrats. You're just a piece in the larger puzzle.
I'm curious because Harris is a progressive yet progressives have disdain. So something doesn't make sense to me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It matters because I see an undercurrent of this same disdain coming from so-called progressives/democrats. You're just a piece in the larger puzzle.
I'm curious because Harris is a progressive yet progressives have disdain. So something doesn't make sense to me.
She's anti-trans, pro-death penalty, anti-inmate, she wanted to prosecute parents if habitually truant students despite that disproportionately affecting the poor, shes fought to uphold and protect police corruption and misconduct, shes against investigating things when police fire their weapon, shes pro keeping wrongful convictions in, basically, overall, shes pro piggly-wiggly and has a very solid record of supporting them while ****ting on inmates they abused and wrongfully stole freedoms from. Even of it was the result of a sham trial, she won't work to set you free.

tytlyf

Not Religious
She's anti-trans, pro-death penalty, anti-inmate, she wanted to prosecute parents if habitually truant students despite that disproportionately affecting the poor, shes fought to uphold and protect police corruption and misconduct, shes against investigating things when police fire their weapon, shes pro keeping wrongful convictions in, basically, overall, shes pro piggly-wiggly and has a very solid record of supporting them while ****ting on inmates they abused and wrongfully stole freedoms from. Even of it was the result of a sham trial, she won't work to set you free.
Hmmm....I'll just address your first claim. "She's anti-trans"

I bet if she was asked the question, she would disagree. I'm sure someone has asked her position on the topic recently. What did she say?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Hmmm....I'll just address your first claim. "She's anti-trans"

I bet if she was asked the question, she would disagree. I'm sure someone has asked her position on the topic recently. What did she say?
She has fought for inmate policy that treats treatmenylt for transition as elective and optional. Though science amd medice agree we generally need it, she has said we don't and opposes inmated being able to obtain their needed treatment. Which is a double whammy because it is inmate abuse and criminal to deny necessary treatment (bit not when your a big shot), and playing into the anti-trans rhetoric of treatment not being necessary. That crap is why I left Indiana. They believe its not necessary. Just as Kamala Harris believes it is ot neccesary.

tytlyf

Not Religious
She has fought for inmate policy that treats treatmenylt for transition as elective and optional. Though science amd medice agree we generally need it, she has said we don't and opposes inmated being able to obtain their needed treatment. Which is a double whammy because it is inmate abuse and criminal to deny necessary treatment (bit not when your a big shot), and playing into the anti-trans rhetoric of treatment not being necessary. That crap is why I left Indiana. They believe its not necessary. Just as Kamala Harris believes it is ot neccesary.
Do you have a source? How long ago was this?

Kamala Harris on Denying Gender Affirmation Surgery to Trans Inmates

Watchmen

Premium Member
I think it’s hilarious that one can believe Biden and Harris are morally superior to Trump and Pence. They ALL have serious morality issues.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Oh. So shes just following orders. Wunderbar!
Since you won't read what she has to say. Here you go. BTW, this was at the LGBTQ forum hosted by GLAAD in Iowa

"“During your time as Attorney General in California, you did send a brief seeking to deny gender affirmation surgery for trans inmates. You stated that at the time you were just enforcing the existing law,” Lenz said. “But with this history, how can trans people trust that you’ll advocate for them and not just enforce discriminatory laws?”

"When that case came up, I had clients, and one of them was the California Department of Corrections. It was their policy. When I learned about what they were doing, behind the scenes, I got them to change the policy,” Harris said.

“I commit to you that always in these systems there are going to be these things that these agencies do. And I will commit myself, as I always have, to dealing with it,” Harris said.

The senator then discussed the case of Gwen Araujo — a trans woman murdered during Harris’s tenure as district attorney in San Francisco — whose killer used the “panic” defense.

“It was a tragic killing and it’s about the crimes that continue to happen against our transgender brothers and sisters. What was happening, which is still happening, are these murders around the country,” Harris said. “And what the person who did the killing would argue when they got to court after being charged, they would use this bogus thing called the gay panic defense.”

“As district attorney, I convened for the first time in our nation’s history, prosecutors from around the country to come to San Francisco where I taught them how to defeat the gay panic defense,” she added of her record.

The LGBTQ forum, co-hosted by GLAAD, One Iowa, The Gazette, and The Advocate, features a discussion of LGBTQ issues with Biden, U.S. Senator Cory Booker, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Julián Castro, U.S. Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard, U.S. Senator Kamala Harris, U.S. Senator Amy Klobuchar, former Pennsylvania representative Joe Sestak, U.S Senator Elizabeth Warren, and author Marianne Williamson."

"