• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why did god withdraw his blessing?

rrobs

There is a very easy answer to that actually.....God has no part in the running of this world......he handed its rulership over to the devil in order to allow him to prove his case. Satan implied that humans do not need God or his rules for their lives to be successful, so God handed world rulership over to him as he indicated when he offered Jesus all the Kingdoms of the world in exchange for one act of worship. Jesus did not dispute the devil's ownership of all those kingdoms, and the temptation would have been meaningless if they were not his to give.
Luke 4:5-7....
"And the devil took him up and showed him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time, 6 and said to him, “To you I will give all this authority and their glory, for it has been delivered to me, and I give it to whom I will. 7 If you, then, will worship me, it will all be yours.(ESV)

1 John 5:19 also tells us....
"We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one."

And the apostle Paul called the devil "the god of this world" who has the power to "blind the minds" of those he can deceive. (2 Corinthians 4:4) One such deception is that God has anything to do with the rulership of this world at all. Why do you think there is so much corruption in politics?

Jesus said....
"If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they kept my word, they will also keep yours. 21 But all these things they will do to you on account of my name, because they do not know him who sent me." (John 15:18-21)

If we want to be a friend of this world ruled by the devil, we will make ourselves God's enemy.
"You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God." (James 4:4)

That is why the world rulers have no blessing from God.....they are influenced by an unseen puppeteer and we have to be "no part of this world" because Christians are citizens of God's Kingdom, which has nothing to do with the politics of any nation. (John 18:36)

Have you never been taught this? If not...why not?
One of the biggest lies going around in the orthodox church is, "God is in control."

While it is true that God will ultimately have His way (new earth wherein dwells righteousness, etc), we aren't there just yet. In the very first chapter of Genesis we see that God gave dominion over the earth to man. If man had dominion, then God did not. It was an incredibly loving and trusting thing for God to have put man in charge. Of course, man didn't do very well. But God did not, nor legally could He have, come down, wave a magic wand and make things right again.

Since man got us into the trouble it would take a man to get us out. That of course would be Jesus. Somehow God had to convince men (with free will, the ability to believe or not believe by their own choice) of the coming Messiah to keep alive His promise in Genesis 3:15. What a task! It must have been like herding a million cats across the desert of trying to teach a cat to play fetch.

And God never knows for sure how any one individual will choose. He may have an idea based on that person's past, but He never knows for sure. Otherwise free will has no meaning. If God knows for sure we will do something, it's hardly free will. God was often disappointed in the outcome of events. He regretted doing things when they didn't go the way He wanted.

God is quite limited by man's free will. He always wants to convince us to do right, but it's ultimately up to the person to obey or not.

When you consider all of this in light of the logos, God's plan for redemption in John 1:1, we can see that our God is the ultimate planner. If plan A didn't work, He's got plan B. If plan B didn't work, He'll go with plan C. That is how, despite man's unpredictable behavior, God will see His ultimate plan come to fruition. He can conceive of endless permutations in order to get what He wants in the end. God is the absolute, without peer, best chess player that ever lived!

One final thought, The devil is always voting against us, God is always voting for us...we determine the election!

Praise Jah

Psalm 83:18
But the Republican party is/was god's instrument to do just that. Why would god allow his own will be undone?
Satan is the ruler of this wicked world (1John 5:19). As such, Satan owns all the manmade governments no matter the country of origin or party affiliation. We see corruption, greed and injustice in all human governments. Even with the best of intentions, human governments are unable to solve mankind's serious problems.

Jesus taught his followers to pray NOT for human governments, but for God's Kingdom to come (Matthew 6:10). God's Kingdom is a real government located in heaven. It is set up by Jehovah God and Jesus is its King. It is the only government that will solve all of mankind's problems.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Satan is the ruler of this wicked world (1John 5:19). As such, Satan owns all the manmade governments no matter the country of origin or party affiliation. We see corruption, greed and injustice in all human governments. Even with the best of intentions, human governments are unable to solve mankind's serious problems.
First of all, welcome here to RF. That's the good news. The bad news is your using way too broad a brush stroke in reference to government, as they also do a lot of good at times.

The only alternative to government is anarchy, and anarchy never survives for long because of the dog-eat-dog chaos it creates since there are no leaders to make decisions. And anarchies are usually replaced by authoritarian systems, most of which historically have been highly repressive.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The real question is why you (the OP) think God ever blessed America. It was founded by Freemasons and we have that symbolism all over the place here, including on our currency. Freemasonry is hardly Christian. Shoot, Ben Franklin probably would've been a member of the Church of Satan if it was around at that time. There's a painting of George Washington basically becoming a deity, at the Capitol building. Also, Thomas Jefferson had his mutilated version of the Bible.

I don't believe God plays favorites with earthly nations. They all pass into history eventually. Only God's Kingdom is forever.

Last edited:

Vee

Premium Member
Why Would God forsake the politicians and party that represented his word and will and who strived to make our country's laws align with god's law? And how do almost half of the once greatest nation flip-flop something as black and white as good and evil? How did a country that was under god so easily fall from within?

What is this country you're talking about, and what makes you think that God was ever involved in politics?

Praise Jah

First of all, welcome here to RF. That's the good news. The bad news is your using way too broad a brush stroke in reference to government, as they also do a lot of good at times.

The only alternative to government is anarchy, and anarchy never survives for long because of the dog-eat-dog chaos it creates since there are no leaders to make decisions. And anarchies are usually replaced by authoritarian systems, most of which historically have been highly repressive.
Hello and thank you welcoming me!

Yes, it's true that human governments provide some good things and necessary public services. And although God is not backing human governments, Christians are commanded to respect the governmental authorities, pay our taxes and abide by the government's rules where they do not stand in opposition God's laws (Romans 13:1-7).

Soon Jehovah will permanently end all human rulership and replace it with his heavenly kingdom government that will never be destroyed! (Daniel 2:44)

metis

And although God is not backing human governments,
In Torah and Tanakh He actually did.

Christians are commanded to respect the governmental authorities, pay our taxes and abide by the government's rules where they do not stand in opposition God's laws (Romans 13:1-7).
Good.

Soon Jehovah will permanently end all human rulership and replace it with his heavenly kingdom government that will never be destroyed! (Daniel 2:44)
I don't buy into that, but who knows?

I'm outta here for the rest of the weekend, so take care.

Praise Jah

In Torah and Tanakh He actually did.

Good.

I don't buy into that, but who knows?

I'm outta here for the rest of the weekend, so take care.
Ok. Have a nice weekend!

To think about: God promises mankind a future of complete peace on earth with no suffering or death (Revelation 21:4). How would he accomplish that without removing what is in opposition to him and his will?

Human government only came into existence after Adam and Eve rebelled against God's sovereignty. History has shown that human governments are incapable of accomplishing what God promises he will do because humans were never designed to rule themselves. (Jeremiah 10:23).

So, in due time Jehovah will bring an end to all human governments and replace it with his perfect Kingdom government!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Why Would God forsake the politicians and party that represented his word and will and who strived to make our country's laws align with god's law?
Old Indian saying says: Dharma protects those who protect Dharma
This proves that those politicians do NOT follow Dharma
(Dharma stands for righteousness)

Why Would God forsake the politicians and party that represented his word and will and who strived to make our country's laws align with god's law? ...

I don’t think God has forsaken. I think people have rejected God and gone their own evil way.

rrobs

Why Would God forsake the politicians and party that represented his word and will and who strived to make our country's laws align with god's law? And how do almost half of the once greatest nation flip-flop something as black and white as good and evil? How did a country that was under god so easily fall from within?
Isa 29:13,

Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men:
I think this has been the case for far too long, not only in the country, but in the church itself. Much of the church has substituted a social gospel for the true gospel of Jesus Christ. And just like our nation has fallen from the inside, so too has the church itself.

Gal 5:7-9,

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth?

8 This persuasion [cometh] not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
Col 2:8,

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Acts 20:29,

For I (Paul) know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
2 Pet 2:1-2,

1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.​

In general, the church has substituted tradition over truth and gotten the results. They've made God's word of no effect.

Mark 7:13,

Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Clara Tea

Revelation says: Attack Iraq and face God's wrath (example: Revelation 15 (seven plagues, including COVID)).

God: "Thou shalt not kill" (wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, torture camp in Guantanamo).

Religious Right voted in W. Bush, then W. Bush destroyed the environment for greed.

Obviously Republicans didn't follow God's will.

metis

Human government only came into existence after Adam and Eve rebelled against God's sovereignty. History has shown that human governments are incapable of accomplishing what God promises he will do because humans were never designed to rule themselves. (Jeremiah 10:23).
There's an old English adage that if two Englishmen were stranded on an island, the first thing they would do would be to elect a government.

The reality is that governments, much like individual people, have to make decisions, thus they simply are not in any way intrinsically evil. Your "Governing Body" is a government of sorts.

Praise Jah

There's an old English adage that if two Englishmen were stranded on an island, the first thing they would do would be to elect a government.

The reality is that governments, much like individual people, have to make decisions, thus they simply are not in any way intrinsically evil. Your "Governing Body" is a government of sorts.

The world's governments belong to Satan (Matthew 4:8,9)(Luke 4:5,6).

God's will for the earth is that all wickedness is removed and righteous, obedient people enjoy peace and security and everlasting life on a Paradise earth. The world's governments are incapable of accomplishing this. It will only be accomplished through God's Kingdom government.

Human governments are temporary and will be destroyed. Jehovah's Kingdom government will replace all the world's governments and never be destroyed (Daniel 2:44).

Praise Jah

False, especially since there are qualifications specified in the Tanakh that was mandated by God. Also, one should remember that it was God who chose David, thus how could that be somehow due to Satan?

Again, please question and look up things instead of blindly just believing the GB.
Initially Jehovah ruled Israel as their King, but over time the Israelites rejected Jehovah as their King and wanted a human king over them like the other nations around them (1Sam 8:5-8).

Jehovah allowed this for a time, appointing the kings of his people and they were to act not as kings sitting on their own thrones, but as on "the throne of the kingship of Jehovah," as representatives of his theocratic rule. (1 Chron 28:5) These kings were to faithfully support Jehovah's worship and laws. (Deut 17:14-20)

The line of divinely appointed human kings over Israel eventually came to an end. Jehovah has appointed Jesus as King of his heavenly kingdom and as such it will crush and destroy all the world's governments which are not only owned by Satan, but do not submit to Jehovah as the Sovereign Ruler.